Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My first test experience..
I went Monday to take the Eng Comp. w/ Essay. The proctor started us 20 minutes late and then about 15 minutes into my exam the fire alarms started to go off. They were going off every 5 minutes due to a computerized test that could not be stopped, needless to say we had to reschedule.

Went back today, now I just have to wait until Dec. 18 for my results!Sad

Up next~ Intro to Psych!
Oh man that stinks! Well, that was baptism by fire, everything after this should be easy!

cate
BS (UMUC) in 2010, 30+ years in the making!!

Intro to Computing 63
Astronomy 63
Technical Writing 62
Principles of Mgt 71
Principles of Marketing 68
Substance Abuse 467
College Math 56
Principles of Finance 425
Principles of Statistics 458

Exams: ALL DONE!!!!!!!!!!

GRADUATION--UMUC--MAY 15, 2010 (unbelievable)
photomom4 Wrote:I went Monday to take the Eng Comp. w/ Essay. The proctor started us 20 minutes late and then about 15 minutes into my exam the fire alarms started to go off. They were going off every 5 minutes due to a computerized test that could not be stopped, needless to say we had to reschedule.

Went back today, now I just have to wait until Dec. 18 for my results!Sad

Up next~ Intro to Psych!
>>

OHHHHHH MANNNNNNN
That's just horrible!!!! You should get back there ASAP and sit another exam before Dec 18th. The waiting is torture. You need some re-fueling Big Grin
cookderosa Wrote:>>

OHHHHHH MANNNNNNN
That's just horrible!!!! You should get back there ASAP and sit another exam before Dec 18th. The waiting is torture. You need some re-fueling Big Grin

I would love to but the testing center here sucks! They only offer two dates per month and only had one in Dec. I tried to get the Psych that day but it was full! Sad . I scheduled Psych for 1/12 and HG & Dev. for 1/26. I wanted to do four in Jan., two on each date, but they only let you do one test per day. :mad:
That's pathetic! My testing place gives them once a week. I need to try and get more than one done in a day that would rock! Keep it up and don't slow down with the studying. Good luck!
Going for a Bachelor's of sciences in Business Administration. Hopefully I'll be wrapped up and done by 2010.

CLEP's completed

Western Civ.I- 62
Freshman College Comp.- 65
Natural Sciences- 51:confused:
U.S. History I- 65
Social Sciences and History-54
photomom4 Wrote:I would love to but the testing center here sucks! They only offer two dates per month and only had one in Dec. I tried to get the Psych that day but it was full! Sad . I scheduled Psych for 1/12 and HG & Dev. for 1/26. I wanted to do four in Jan., two on each date, but they only let you do one test per day. :mad:

Originally when I started taking CLEP's, the local testing center only scheduled twice a month as well, and would only allow you take one CLEP per day. Needless to say, after doing the math I figured I'd be graduating in 2012 hilarious

Keep on the testing center, and explain why it's important to you. After the sixth straight week of me bugging them everyday, they finally caved and let me take two CLEPS a day, and then three, and finally as many as I could take before it closed for the night. I also went on a mad advertising campaign and got other people to sign up for CLEPS and DSST's. Due to the sudden and *cough* unexplained increase of requests, they increased the frequency to every weekend. By the time I finished my first degree's requirements, they were having it every weekend and every other Wednesday.

The point of this ramble is to say: Don't give up on testing just because of a bad experience with the testing center. If you can't find another one within easy driving distance, then work with the center personnel. Some testing centers are an afterthought for campuses. You may need to go above and beyond in order to get the testing environment you want, but in the end it's worth it.

Good luck on the re-test!
[SIZE="2"]
-Justin
PMP, CISSP, A+, Sec+, MCDST, ITIL
Total Credits Earned: 162

www.Free-Clep-Prep.com - (with Forum Admin's permission)

[/SIZE]
[QUOTE=Chebasaz]Originally when I started taking CLEP's, the local testing center only scheduled twice a month as well, and would only allow you take one CLEP per day. Needless to say, after doing the math I figured I'd be graduating in 2012 hilarious

Keep on the testing center, and explain why it's important to you. After the sixth straight week of me bugging them everyday, they finally caved and let me take two CLEPS a day, and then three, and finally as many as I could take before it closed for the night. I also went on a mad advertising campaign and got other people to sign up for CLEPS and DSST's. Due to the sudden and *cough* unexplained increase of requests, they increased the frequency to every weekend. By the time I finished my first degree's requirements, they were having it every weekend and every other Wednesday.

The point of this ramble is to say: Don't give up on testing just because of a bad experience with the testing center. If you can't find another one within easy driving distance, then work with the center personnel. Some testing centers are an afterthought for campuses. You may need to go above and beyond in order to get the testing environment you want, but in the end it's worth it.
>>

Now THAT'S awesome!
Thanks for the encouragement. I knew I joined this forum for a good reason!

There is a University of Phoenix and a Strayer about 50 miles from me, I think I will check out their testing schedule.

I may end up with a gas bill as high as tuition~
photomom4 Wrote:Thanks for the encouragement. I knew I joined this forum for a good reason!

There is a University of Phoenix and a Strayer about 50 miles from me, I think I will check out their testing schedule.

I may end up with a gas bill as high as tuition~

A good test center is worth the drive.
Amen to that!
cbrchris Wrote:A good test center is worth the drive.
BA Social Sciences TESC 2009

CLEP
Humanities 64 | Intro Sociology 74 | Intro Psychology 74 | College Mathematics 60 | H.G. & Dev. 66
A&I Literature 65 | Educational Psychology 71 | American Government 67 | US History I 67 | US History II 72
Social Sciences & History 65 | English Comp 63
DSST
Civil War 61 | Substance Abuse 463 | Intro Computing 465 | Technical Writing 66 | Anthropology 66 | Prin. of Supervision 62
Enviro & Humanity 68 | Org Behavior 67 | Astronomy 60 | Ethics 467
ECE
World Population A | Research Methods in Psychology A | Adulthood & Aging A | Gerontology A | UExcel Political Science B

[SIZE="4"][COLOR="Blue"]Read My Story[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"] Tested out of 120 credits in 11 months. Started with [COLOR="Blue"]0[/COLOR] credits on April 20, 2008 - Finished on March 18th 2009
[/SIZE][COLOR="Navy"][COLOR="Navy"]
[SIZE="3"][COLOR="#800080"][COLOR="#4B0082"]If you've been helped by someone on this forum then help someone on this forum.[/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/COLOR]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Elite colleges are lying about how much test scores mean LevelUP 0 226 06-12-2024, 03:35 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  experience with the University of London Givenes 1 460 05-11-2024, 09:01 PM
Last Post: SophiaPrincess
  Test score rogeryoung 4 488 04-24-2024, 02:10 AM
Last Post: rogeryoung
  Colleges bring back ACT/SAT after finding test-optional policies hurt minorities LevelUP 1 446 03-16-2024, 11:17 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  Test Specific thread dewisant 7 773 01-30-2024, 04:07 PM
Last Post: dewisant
  Anyone with experience/knowledge on army medic to civilian LVN pathway? studyingfortests 4 751 12-16-2023, 09:36 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Exciting News at ENEB! Introducing test-type exams to fast-track your studie akr680 37 7,232 10-27-2023, 06:53 AM
Last Post: karehiro
  Capella - Virginia LPC Experience Rweber 0 473 09-26-2023, 01:19 PM
Last Post: Rweber
  Life Experience degree from the Mexican Government itself elcastor21 6 930 09-13-2023, 09:42 PM
Last Post: elcastor21
  SANS FOR500 Test and college credit vetvso 5 1,325 10-30-2022, 07:11 PM
Last Post: vetvso