Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BA Computer Science Final upper class to take
(01-05-2024, 11:26 PM)Armstrong Wrote: I got confused a bit with the advisor because she said I had a bachelor degree already before transferring to TESU and after I get the first bachelor from TESU (makign my second) I won't be able to get another one.

You might want to confirm that with your advisor again. I came in with a BS and MS from B&M colleges before getting my first BA-Mathematics from TESU. This summer I will get my second bachelor (BACS) from TESU as well as MSCS from GT at the same time.

https://blog.tesu.edu/the-secret-to-earn...ond-degree

"If you have earned your first bachelor’s from the University (TESU), you must apply again for the second degree, however, your application fee is waived. Whether you earned your first bachelor’s degree at the University or at another institution, the application process still requires an academic evaluation of your transfer credit with room for at least 24 credits relative to your area of study."
Thanks for that. I'll double check with her.
The post was really helpful. I'm really hoping to get the mathematics degree one day and do the OMSCS at GT.
"I am just going to take one of the available courses with them (rather than mess with the TECEP Networking or some other way to test out of credit). My options I'm considering are:

CIS-3510 Software Engineering
CMP-3540 Network Technology
COS-4510 Artificial Intelligence"

You can get credits for TESU COS-4510 as an Eastern University MSDS student "FREE". Just take DTSC 670 Machine Learning (a required course) from EU and petition to transfer as TESU COS 4510. Killing 2 birds with one stone. Make sure (and it is very important) you graduate from TESU before EU or else the EU credits would be considered used up and not transferrable to TESU.

That's how I do it with my second TESU BACS taking only the Liberal Arts Capstone and nothing else. The 24 new hours are fulfilled by CS graduate credits I earned from my concurrent GT OMSCS.
If you're using the MSDS credits, you want to transfer them into the TESU, it doesn't have to be 1 class, you can try another one as well, if you're doing two classes, might as well see if the second class gets transferred as well just in case you need it... Oh wait, you just need the one and capstone! Just in case that 'one' doesn't fit, the 'other' will!
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(01-06-2024, 07:56 PM)fmsoa Wrote: "I am just going to take one of the available courses with them (rather than mess with the TECEP Networking or some other way to test out of credit). My options I'm considering are:

CIS-3510 Software Engineering
   CMP-3540 Network Technology
   COS-4510 Artificial Intelligence"

You can get credits for TESU COS-4510 as an Eastern University MSDS student "FREE". Just take DTSC 670 Machine Learning (a required course) from EU and petition to transfer as TESU COS 4510. Killing 2 birds with one stone. Make sure (and it is very important) you graduate from TESU before EU or else the EU credits would be considered used up and not transferrable to TESU.

That's how I do it with my second TESU BACS taking only the Liberal Arts Capstone and nothing else. The 24 new hours are fulfilled by CS graduate credits I earned from my concurrent GT OMSCS.

Thanks @fmsoa and bjcheung77 for the suggestions. I had never thought of using this. I'm pretty sure several credits could be used from that DS degree. I'm taking fundamentals of DS and intro to stats (which prepares for analytics in R). 
I've now got my eyes set on the BA in biology. That will take some time and planning. 

I think I will now do this:
Focus on the MS in DS and do some courses and transfer in some if possible over the next 3 months. 
See about the ASNSM for Math and Bio. I think I have enough for the Math one. I need 3 courses i think for Bio. 

BA in CS might have to sit on the backburner for a while (the capstone). If i want to get that BA in Biology, I could knock out both capstones at once and whatever remaining upper-level bio i might need from TESU. 

I love the idea of getting a better grounding in chemistry and physics (never took these courses before) and getting a better foundation for bio. I am actually able to teach biology in high school. I passed a praxis exam for it with ETS (the ones who do GRE and TOEFL) for content knowledge in biology.
You're trying to hit too many targets and getting off course from the original goal... BA Biology is not a degree you want to take lightly, you won't be able to find the upper level requirements, you don't have any lower level/upper level completed, and you'll just be delaying everything. If you were doing something like Environmental Studies, that would be cheaper, easier, faster as some classes can be done alternatively.

You should continue with a BA Comp Sci and a Math second major if you wanted to do Math, skip the Bio in favor for the AS Bio I mentioned in PM... You can do 2 associates, 2 bachelors, and several certs if you wanted, but again, you want to take a look at the energy, money, time involved as investment, if that ROI is worth the value in the end. You can review my recommendations within the PM again... Decisions...

(01-08-2024, 01:01 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: You're trying to hit too many targets and getting off course from the original goal... BA Biology is not a degree you want to take lightly, you won't be able to find the upper level requirements, you don't have any lower level/upper level completed, and you'll just be delaying everything.  If you were doing something like Environmental Studies, that would be cheaper, easier, faster as some classes can be done alternatively.  

You should continue with a BA Comp Sci and a Math second major if you wanted to do Math, skip the Bio in favor for the AS Bio I mentioned in PM... You can do 2 associates, 2 bachelors, and several certs if you wanted, but again, you want to take a look at the energy, money, time involved as investment, if that ROI is worth the value in the end.  You can review my recommendations within the PM again... Decisions...

I am just crazy enough to delay everything and work on the Bio actually. 
Study.com is already underway while completing the MS Data science now. I'm planning out the next year. I want to really dig into that biology major/concentration though and i think i need a new thread with a spreadsheet. It doesn't look like there is one. I've been over the degree plan for BA bio. 
@bjcheung77 do you have a version of your ba bio spreadsheet you'd be willing to share, perhaps if i start a new thread? Please give recommendations on how you think I could best set up that thread. I can document my progress on there too. I sent you a reply to our PM based on your previous message in this thread but it seems it got lost in transit.
I got the PM, I still don't know if it's a good idea for you to do the Bio over something like Environmental Studies or the Math double major with Computer Science. I was going to reply with this answer... The main reason is, the upper level requirements are the hard to find classes, or in the BA Biology, it's too expensive to finish this degree off as it adds at least an extra $5-6K overtop...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU computer science and information systems are the same degree Chann 9 705 09-19-2024, 10:29 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  BA Computer Science Questions puga 18 1,210 08-16-2024, 11:23 PM
  TESU ASNSM in Computer Science / AAS Applied Computer Studies newdegree 15 973 07-26-2024, 11:31 AM
  Upper level Computer Science Credits TESU BA CS newdegree 6 622 07-18-2024, 06:24 PM
Question Upper Level & Social Sciences Credits for TESU Ninjadude 9 618 07-18-2024, 03:58 PM
Last Post: Michelle779
  TESU Computer Science Degree After Completing UMPI BLS IT and PM kakasahib 2 449 07-03-2024, 04:18 PM
  Help with BA Computer Science plan? Jwheels27 2 613 06-03-2024, 08:34 PM
Last Post: Jwheels27
  Network Technology Class ACI 3 441 05-14-2024, 08:06 AM
Last Post: ACI
  Final Stretch Degree Plan Help TESU BSBA Sargoththemino 5 781 04-29-2024, 10:29 AM
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 1,277 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara