Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU Application and Transcript Transfer?
So I'm pursuing a second bachelors at TESU, I just applied today, its says I have to wait 2-3 business days to see if I was accepted. After acceptance, I need to transfer my transcript from UMPI BA in History/Political Science to TESU. How does this process work with TESU? At WGU, you give them the school name (UMPI) and they transcript request for you then send you an eval. Does TESU do this or do I personally have to contact UMPI and get that sent over? Im not really sure how the process works here? 

Also Im going to have to complete 24 new credits to transfer into TESU before I take the capstone, I  take it I have to go through the transcript process again for the new credits? Should I enroll now or once I completed the new credits? Thank you for any advice you can give me!
UMPI: Bachelor of Arts in History and Political Science 
Get your transcripts sent to transcripts@tesu.edu including your Credly transcript (if any) for ACE credits. Study.com and Straigtherline should be sent via transcripts directly from the provider to TESU.

Any college transcripts (e.g. UMPI) you will need to request getting sent to TESU.

Here is the page with details:
https://www.tesu.edu/current-students/se...%20student.
Completed: HAU MBA | BA Economics (US) | Finland Open Studies @ XAMK/Metropolia/Helsinki/Laurea
Certs Completed: Scrum CSPO/CSM | Google PM/Data Analytics/Marketing
Create a degree plan/spreadsheet of remaining classes (major, review the WIKI), I would get you to send all transcripts to TESU including anything in ACE/Credly, then sign up for the $52 Medical Terminology TECEP, and forget that. Continue to do your remaining classes from your spreadsheet until you're ready to take the flat rate...
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
The TESU Capstone is (almost always*) part of the 24 new credits required, so you will only need 21 before taking the capstone to complete. Also, I wouldn't wait to apply and get enrolled; you want to lock in your catalog year, unlimited evaluations and other advising access (including pre-planning) as soon as possible. TESU will still want all transcripts from all original sources, not just your bachelor awarding school.

https://blog.tesu.edu/the-secret-to-earn...ond-degree
https://tesu.smartcatalogiq.com/en/curre...es-policy/

*if your first bachelor is from another school (not TESU) this is certain.
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

Ok thank you guys! I was accepted and transferred my UMPI & Credly transcripts, so we’ll see where I’m sitting once I get my eval back.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jwheels27's post:
  • allvia
Wow, I was really hoping for a more favorable eval than TESU gave me. 72 credits between my bachelors and ace credits. I still have to complete 48 credits to finish the degree. I honestly thought it would just be the 24 new credits in the AOS/Business Core including the Capstone and I'd be done.
Folks on the forum may be better able to help you if you share the eval with the personal details blocked out. FYI - when I applied to TESU, they initially did not apply my 2nd degree waivers until I was formally enrolled the following month after registering for the TECEP - that cut down the number of credits required waaaay down.
Completed: HAU MBA | BA Economics (US) | Finland Open Studies @ XAMK/Metropolia/Helsinki/Laurea
Certs Completed: Scrum CSPO/CSM | Google PM/Data Analytics/Marketing
[-] The following 1 user Likes jg_nuy's post:
  • jch
Technically, you should only need the requirements for the Major. So, depending on what's missing in the major, you need to make up for that. Business degree at TESU already has 45 credits in the Major... The second degree option at TESU only waives the general education and electives, the major requirements still need to be fulfilled, regardless of the degree you select.

(12-14-2023, 08:17 PM)jg_nuy Wrote: Folks on the forum may be better able to help you if you share the eval with the personal details blocked out. FYI - when I applied to TESU, they initially did not apply my 2nd degree waivers until I was formally enrolled the following month after registering for the TECEP  - that cut down the number of credits required waaaay down.
I’ll look into that, thank you!

(12-14-2023, 08:50 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Technically, you should only need the requirements for the Major.  So, depending on what's missing in the major, you need to make up for that.  Business degree at TESU already has 45 credits in the Major... The second degree option at TESU only waives the general education and electives, the major requirements still need to be fulfilled, regardless of the degree you select.
Well info I got from a few members here led me to believe it would only be 24. Oh well, that’s why you do the eval I guess! Would the BACS be less? The wiki degree plan says 36, just wanted to verify.
Since you have a Bachelors already, the general education/electives are cleared, I think the Business degree would be more ideal if you're going into many different fields, including IT if you're working on the trifecta of certs, degree, experience. BACS is a bit harder to complete even though it may have lesser credits to finish, you have the RA, you can complete everything with Sophia.org & Study.com for both or either degree, you just need to make sure to complete the degree requirements for the major(s). Your final decision would be either complete the 15 credit flat rate for residency purposes or pay the residency waiver fee.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Finnish credit transfer + Linear Algebra Transfer YoooY 2 55 50 minutes ago
Last Post: bluebooger
  Transcript changes after graduation homeschoolmom1 8 458 10-17-2024, 07:58 AM
Last Post: Turkish
  TESU New Website LevelUP 12 888 10-13-2024, 12:47 AM
Last Post: Pats20
  Credly and Non ACE Certs > TESU credit? mbcummings 9 612 10-12-2024, 12:18 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU Theater Arts/BSBA Entrepreneurship vs UMPI's Accounting or Hist/PoliSci trying2grad 14 1,445 10-10-2024, 10:19 AM
Last Post: trying2grad
  TESU and DEAC wow 12 637 10-09-2024, 05:45 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Google Cloud Data Analytics- UL credits for TESU charfife 12 1,337 10-06-2024, 11:56 AM
Last Post: thornytumbleweed
  2024 TESU Commencement - October 5th jch 4 586 10-05-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: jch
  New WIki TESU BS Cloud Computing Degree Plan LevelUP 2 254 10-03-2024, 08:55 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  TESU Biology Bachelor kakasahib 1 265 09-28-2024, 12:09 AM
Last Post: jg_nuy