Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Questions About YourPace Course Selection, Transcripts, Apply Now Start Later?
Question 
Hello, I'm wondering if it's possible to take specific Business, an Econ and a Math course through the YourPace program, regardless of the business degree I choose.
My goal is to transfer a few credits from UMPI to a non-US school and potentially complete my UMPI degree at a later time.

-> Are classes which I transferred from another school to UMPI reflected as such on my UMPI transcript?

Is it possible to apply for a degree program now and commence my studies later, say for the Fall 2024 term?

Thanks in advance!
(10-22-2023, 03:49 PM)Tobutz Wrote: Hello, I'm wondering if it's possible to take specific Business, an Econ and a Math course through the YourPace program, regardless of the business degree I choose.
If they're offered through YourPace, yes. Depending on which courses you want to take, you might be able to leverage them into a second minor/concentration.

(10-22-2023, 03:49 PM)Tobutz Wrote: -> Are classes which I transferred from another school to UMPI reflected as such on my UMPI transcript?
Yes. On the transcript it'll say something like...

UMPI:
Business BUS-101
Hamster Care HAM-207
Algebra MAT-201

Other:
Harmonica HARM-221
Intro to Computing COMP-101

It's not exactly like that, but other universities will be able to tell which courses were taken at UMPI and which ones were not.

(10-22-2023, 03:49 PM)Tobutz Wrote: Is it possible to apply for a degree program now and commence my studies later, say for the Fall 2024 term?
Maaaaybe? I think the longest anyone has deferred enrollment so far is 2 sessions (4 months). An entire year is a bit much. Why would you do that? Do you just want to know how UMPI brings in credits or are you hoping to use a UMPI transcript to gain entry into another university?
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • MichaelDoesMarketing
@Tobutz, Welcome to the board! You're trying to be too tricky with your education and tricking yourself out... it's almost Halloween, so here's a treat for you. The addendum and template! What were you thinking? Link: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...Area-works

You're trying to play the game of transferring credits back and forth, without a clear goal in mind. What that will cause you to do is a few things, lose momentum, not able to get to your goal, loss of cash as you're paying for sessions at UMPI for transfer to another institution.

What I suggest to do is to be more clear on what you're trying to accomplish by filling in the template and addendum above. If you're applying to UMPI, finish the degree from them first and then transfer to the institution of your choice for whatever you're trying to do...
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • origamishuttle
(10-22-2023, 03:49 PM)Tobutz Wrote: My goal is to transfer a few credits from UMPI to a non-US school and potentially complete my UMPI degree at a later time.
Is it possible to apply for a degree program now and commence my studies later, say for the Fall 2024 term?

I'm not clear on your plan. If you want to take courses at UMPI, then you need to enroll in a degree program. The next session would be Spring 1, starting in January. If you then want to wait to take the remainder of your courses in Fall 2024, then simply take a break during Spring 2, as Summer sessions are optional.

(10-22-2023, 04:00 PM)rachel83az Wrote: I think the longest anyone has deferred enrollment so far is 2 sessions (4 months).

I applied before Summer 1 and didn't end up starting until Spring 2, so it's possible. However, I only deferred one or two sessions at a time; they just added up.
Pierpont Community & Technical College 2022
Associate of Applied Science - Board of Governors - Area of Emphasis: Information Systems
Western Governors University 
Bachelor of Science - Cloud Computing
Charter Oak State College
Bachelor of Science - General Studies - Concentration: Information Systems Studies
Thomas Edison State University
Bachelor of Arts - Computer Science
Associate in Science in Natural Sciences and Mathematics - Mathematics
University of Maine at Presque Isle 
Bachelor of Applied Science - Minor: Project Management
[-] The following 1 user Likes origamishuttle's post:
  • RachelB
(10-22-2023, 04:00 PM)rachel83az Wrote:
(10-22-2023, 03:49 PM)Tobutz Wrote: Hello, I'm wondering if it's possible to take specific Business, an Econ and a Math course through the YourPace program, regardless of the business degree I choose.
If they're offered through YourPace, yes. Depending on which courses you want to take, you might be able to leverage them into a second minor/concentration.

(10-22-2023, 03:49 PM)Tobutz Wrote: -> Are classes which I transferred from another school to UMPI reflected as such on my UMPI transcript?
Yes. On the transcript it'll say something like...

UMPI:
Business BUS-101
Hamster Care HAM-207
Algebra MAT-201

Other:
Harmonica HARM-221
Intro to Computing COMP-101

It's not exactly like that, but other universities will be able to tell which courses were taken at UMPI and which ones were not.

(10-22-2023, 03:49 PM)Tobutz Wrote: Is it possible to apply for a degree program now and commence my studies later, say for the Fall 2024 term?
Maaaaybe? I think the longest anyone has deferred enrollment so far is 2 sessions (4 months). An entire year is a bit much. Why would you do that? Do you just want to know how UMPI brings in credits or are you hoping to use a UMPI transcript to gain entry into another university?

If only they had Hamster Care!
Current
University of Illinois Urbana Champaign (Gies School of Business) - MS Management

Completed
2023 UMPI Bachelor of Liberal Studies - Summa Cum Laude, Minors: Management & Political Science
2022 Pierpont BOG AAS, Area of Emphasis: Graphic Design
Udacity Nanodegree - Digital Marketing
Google Career Certification - Digital Marketing & E-Commerce, UX Design
[-] The following 1 user Likes MichaelDoesMarketing's post:
  • rachel83az

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UMPI YourPace BA History & Political Science - transfer questions. Patchouli_Skoal 7 310 10-17-2024, 09:31 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Looking to get a head start Hackingat40 9 379 10-12-2024, 11:35 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
Question Transfer Credit Questions SierraAZ1395 10 566 10-10-2024, 03:31 PM
  YourPace Easy Elective Courses? fastest completion Mikeand 20 7,287 09-26-2024, 03:33 AM
Last Post: midnite123
  UMPI Criminal Justice BA YourPace Program Completed slaterjack 11 1,171 09-09-2024, 08:23 PM
Last Post: slaterjack
  Yourpace 100% refund deadline soulking 1 294 09-05-2024, 06:01 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  UMPI YourPace BABA UnderGrad sunjaroa 1 449 08-21-2024, 09:22 AM
  Need help for UMPI YourPace Admission AnnaVu 6 839 08-16-2024, 11:42 AM
  how to know which transfer credits will apply to degree? skinmasksean 7 558 07-26-2024, 05:20 PM
Last Post: skinmasksean
  chepeast options for international transcripts? Solden81 13 798 07-25-2024, 11:41 AM