Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
Questions About YourPace Course Selection, Transcripts, Apply Now Start Later? - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Specific College Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Specific-College-Discussion)
+--- Forum: UMPI - University of Maine at Presque Isle Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-UMPI-University-of-Maine-at-Presque-Isle-Discussion)
+--- Thread: Questions About YourPace Course Selection, Transcripts, Apply Now Start Later? (/Thread-Questions-About-YourPace-Course-Selection-Transcripts-Apply-Now-Start-Later)

Questions About YourPace Course Selection, Transcripts, Apply Now Start Later? - Tobutz - 10-22-2023

Hello, I'm wondering if it's possible to take specific Business, an Econ and a Math course through the YourPace program, regardless of the business degree I choose.
My goal is to transfer a few credits from UMPI to a non-US school and potentially complete my UMPI degree at a later time.

-> Are classes which I transferred from another school to UMPI reflected as such on my UMPI transcript?

Is it possible to apply for a degree program now and commence my studies later, say for the Fall 2024 term?

Thanks in advance!

RE: Questions About YourPace Course Selection, Transcripts, Apply Now Start Later? - rachel83az - 10-22-2023

(10-22-2023, 03:49 PM)Tobutz Wrote: Hello, I'm wondering if it's possible to take specific Business, an Econ and a Math course through the YourPace program, regardless of the business degree I choose.
If they're offered through YourPace, yes. Depending on which courses you want to take, you might be able to leverage them into a second minor/concentration.

(10-22-2023, 03:49 PM)Tobutz Wrote: -> Are classes which I transferred from another school to UMPI reflected as such on my UMPI transcript?
Yes. On the transcript it'll say something like...

UMPI:
Business BUS-101
Hamster Care HAM-207
Algebra MAT-201

Other:
Harmonica HARM-221
Intro to Computing COMP-101

It's not exactly like that, but other universities will be able to tell which courses were taken at UMPI and which ones were not.

(10-22-2023, 03:49 PM)Tobutz Wrote: Is it possible to apply for a degree program now and commence my studies later, say for the Fall 2024 term?
Maaaaybe? I think the longest anyone has deferred enrollment so far is 2 sessions (4 months). An entire year is a bit much. Why would you do that? Do you just want to know how UMPI brings in credits or are you hoping to use a UMPI transcript to gain entry into another university?

RE: Questions About YourPace Course Selection, Transcripts, Apply Now Start Later? - bjcheung77 - 10-22-2023

@Tobutz, Welcome to the board! You're trying to be too tricky with your education and tricking yourself out... it's almost Halloween, so here's a treat for you. The addendum and template! What were you thinking? Link: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-New-to-DegreeForum-How-this-Area-works

You're trying to play the game of transferring credits back and forth, without a clear goal in mind. What that will cause you to do is a few things, lose momentum, not able to get to your goal, loss of cash as you're paying for sessions at UMPI for transfer to another institution.

What I suggest to do is to be more clear on what you're trying to accomplish by filling in the template and addendum above. If you're applying to UMPI, finish the degree from them first and then transfer to the institution of your choice for whatever you're trying to do...

RE: Questions About YourPace Course Selection, Transcripts, Apply Now Start Later? - origamishuttle - 10-22-2023

(10-22-2023, 03:49 PM)Tobutz Wrote: My goal is to transfer a few credits from UMPI to a non-US school and potentially complete my UMPI degree at a later time.
Is it possible to apply for a degree program now and commence my studies later, say for the Fall 2024 term?

I'm not clear on your plan. If you want to take courses at UMPI, then you need to enroll in a degree program. The next session would be Spring 1, starting in January. If you then want to wait to take the remainder of your courses in Fall 2024, then simply take a break during Spring 2, as Summer sessions are optional.

(10-22-2023, 04:00 PM)rachel83az Wrote: I think the longest anyone has deferred enrollment so far is 2 sessions (4 months).

I applied before Summer 1 and didn't end up starting until Spring 2, so it's possible. However, I only deferred one or two sessions at a time; they just added up.

RE: Questions About YourPace Course Selection, Transcripts, Apply Now Start Later? - MichaelDoesMarketing - 10-23-2023

(10-22-2023, 04:00 PM)rachel83az Wrote:
(10-22-2023, 03:49 PM)Tobutz Wrote: Hello, I'm wondering if it's possible to take specific Business, an Econ and a Math course through the YourPace program, regardless of the business degree I choose.
If they're offered through YourPace, yes. Depending on which courses you want to take, you might be able to leverage them into a second minor/concentration.

(10-22-2023, 03:49 PM)Tobutz Wrote: -> Are classes which I transferred from another school to UMPI reflected as such on my UMPI transcript?
Yes. On the transcript it'll say something like...

UMPI:
Business BUS-101
Hamster Care HAM-207
Algebra MAT-201

Other:
Harmonica HARM-221
Intro to Computing COMP-101

It's not exactly like that, but other universities will be able to tell which courses were taken at UMPI and which ones were not.

(10-22-2023, 03:49 PM)Tobutz Wrote: Is it possible to apply for a degree program now and commence my studies later, say for the Fall 2024 term?
Maaaaybe? I think the longest anyone has deferred enrollment so far is 2 sessions (4 months). An entire year is a bit much. Why would you do that? Do you just want to know how UMPI brings in credits or are you hoping to use a UMPI transcript to gain entry into another university?

If only they had Hamster Care!