Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Intro to Critical Reasoning - TESU course
Has anyone taken Intro to Critical Reasoning as a real TESU course, not the TECEP or the free online course? I need one more class to meet the residency requirements for graduation and am hoping to find something low workload because I need to take it simultaneously with the business capstone.
(10-06-2023, 12:20 PM)Kones Wrote: Has anyone taken Intro to Critical Reasoning as a real TESU course, not the TECEP or the free online course? I need one more class to meet the residency requirements for graduation and am hoping to find something low workload because I need to take it simultaneously with the business capstone.

I took the Intro to Critical Reasoning course.

From my notes:
  • The assignments ranged from 200 to 500 words.
  • The forums were fun and engaging. I wrote around 200 words for each one.
  • It took me 13 hours in total to complete the entire course.
I studied for approximately 2 hours for each exam and received B's. If you aim for an A, I recommend dedicating 4 hours to study. The exams don't contribute significantly to your overall grade, and since there's no need to read a lengthy 1000-page book, it's relatively easy to prepare for them. I suggest focusing on studying the glossary terms and mastering all the concepts related to constructing arguments covered in the assignments before the exam.

Because there's a free online course available, you can prepare in advance before the official course begins, which can save you some work once your TESU term starts. This course was my favorite, aside from the business capstone course. TESU does an excellent job with their capstone courses, making them interesting. On the other hand, the SOS-110 course felt mostly like busy work to me.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
(10-06-2023, 05:05 PM)LevelUP Wrote:
(10-06-2023, 12:20 PM)Kones Wrote: Has anyone taken Intro to Critical Reasoning as a real TESU course, not the TECEP or the free online course? I need one more class to meet the residency requirements for graduation and am hoping to find something low workload because I need to take it simultaneously with the business capstone.

I took the Intro to Critical Reasoning course.

From my notes:
  • The assignments ranged from 200 to 500 words.
  • The forums were fun and engaging. I wrote around 200 words for each one.
  • It took me 13 hours in total to complete the entire course.
I studied for approximately 2 hours for each exam and received B's. If you aim for an A, I recommend dedicating 4 hours to study. The exams don't contribute significantly to your overall grade, and since there's no need to read a lengthy 1000-page book, it's relatively easy to prepare for them. I suggest focusing on studying the glossary terms and mastering all the concepts related to constructing arguments covered in the assignments before the exam.

Because there's a free online course available, you can prepare in advance before the official course begins, which can save you some work once your TESU term starts. This course was my favorite, aside from the business capstone course. TESU does an excellent job with their capstone courses, making them interesting. On the other hand, the SOS-110 course felt mostly like busy work to me.
Thanks so much! Such a great idea to use the free online course to prep before hand. 200-500 word assignments are not bad at all. I'm thinking this is the class I'm going to go with.
I just started SOS-110 a little over a week ago. It's off to a slow start. Once I'm done with this class (and studying for a couple TECEPs) I'll plan for Intro to Critical Reasoning and the business capstone in January term.
Where do you find the free online course?
https://sites.google.com/a/courses.tesc....reasoning/
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kones's post:
  • Vin
Have you thought about taking the PLA-1010? That should be graded and an easy course... hopefully, depending on your successful portfolio, you can get an extra 12 RA equivalency credit added through the evaluation!
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(10-19-2023, 01:18 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Have you thought about taking the PLA-1010? That should be graded and an easy course... hopefully, depending on your successful portfolio, you can get an extra 12 RA equivalency credit added through the evaluation!
No, not really. Honestly, the process seems very daunting. Do you get credit for the class itself too or only for the portfolio?
The PLA-1010 is worth 3 credits, graded, RA. The bonus or icing on the cake is that you can get 12 extra credits free of charge. Here's the full thread in regards to the info: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...-Residents

Interesting. Something to consider.
That's right, you're going to be putting work into a course anyways, with a little bit more work, depending on your course load and what you need to complete for RA requirements, this PLA-1010 potentially can net you the 15 or 30 RA requirements with this one course/portfolio combo, you just want to make sure you hit the residency requirements too with a flat rate term!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU New Website LevelUP 12 883 10-13-2024, 12:47 AM
Last Post: Pats20
  Credly and Non ACE Certs > TESU credit? mbcummings 9 604 10-12-2024, 12:18 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU Theater Arts/BSBA Entrepreneurship vs UMPI's Accounting or Hist/PoliSci trying2grad 14 1,443 10-10-2024, 10:19 AM
Last Post: trying2grad
  TESU and DEAC wow 12 626 10-09-2024, 05:45 PM
  Google Cloud Data Analytics- UL credits for TESU charfife 12 1,336 10-06-2024, 11:56 AM
Last Post: thornytumbleweed
  2024 TESU Commencement - October 5th jch 4 585 10-05-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: jch
  New WIki TESU BS Cloud Computing Degree Plan LevelUP 2 254 10-03-2024, 08:55 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  TESU Biology Bachelor kakasahib 1 264 09-28-2024, 12:09 AM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Any reason not to drop BSBA CIS from the old TESU catalog? jazzcat 2 283 09-24-2024, 10:23 AM
  TESU Dual CS/CIS Degree Help! comatose95 13 752 09-24-2024, 10:15 AM