Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Degree plan, preferably business or accounting?
(03-30-2023, 12:14 PM)gabbyv23@yahoo.com Wrote: Also, I am really bad at biology and chemistry, so I'd like some advice on how to tackle that if it will be required.

Human Biology at Sophia isn't like any other biology class you've ever taken. A lot of it is probably stuff that you already know from being alive. The rest is explained quite well. You can create an account at Sophia and take the first Challenge in the first Unit to see what it's like before you pay. You can also download the PDFs for all units and read ahead.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
You're at 90+ credits, I would apply to both, see where your credits land and if you have extra room for transfer as most of the courses taken should transfer if not all, it's just the spots may not be fully utilized to take all 90. If there are spaces left for transfer, you'll know what to take from an ACE provider such as either Sophia.org or Study.com or something you have a preference for.
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • origamishuttle
Honestly, I think an Accounting degree from UMPI is your best bet - it's cheapest for sure, and leaves you time/money to go on and get a master's if you want (if you decide to become a CPA later). And I think that an Accounting degree usually covers all the business stuff you need - so you get more bang for your buck. A business degree does not give you all of the accounting you need if that's the field you want to go into.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
I can't believe I never updated yall! I enrolled in the TAMUC program this past summer and I'm set to graduate in spring, sooner if I work really hard! I chose this rather than the Maine option because getting a degree quickly and cheaply from a school that is well known was more important to me than specifically having an accounting degree. I wanted to update you because I cannot express how important this is to me. No one in my immediate family has a four year degree. No one! We have been teetering on the edge of poverty for basically my entire life. I never would've found this program if I hadn't made a post here, so I am immensely grateful! Hopefully thanking you now doesn't jinx anything but as it stands I have four classes left not including the last two essays I have for my current class load. Wish me luck!
[-] The following 3 users Like gabbyv23@yahoo.com's post:
  • allvia, Jonathan Whatley, rachel83az
Congrats in completing the summer term and you're close to completing the next term or two. TAMUC is a great choice, you can do exactly that, the BAAS Organizational Leadership and take the required courses from them and transfer in the max you can from alternative options on the WIKI...
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(09-20-2023, 04:57 PM)gabbyv23@yahoo.com Wrote: I can't believe I never updated yall! I enrolled in the TAMUC program this past summer and I'm set to graduate in spring, sooner if I work really hard! I chose this rather than the Maine option because getting a degree quickly and cheaply from a school that is well known was more important to me than specifically having an accounting degree. I wanted to update you because I cannot express how important this is to me. No one in my immediate family has a four year degree. No one! We have been teetering on the edge of poverty for basically my entire life. I never would've found this program if I hadn't made a post here, so I am immensely grateful! Hopefully thanking you now doesn't jinx anything but as it stands I have four classes left not including the last two essays I have for my current class load. Wish me luck!

Congrats! I hope you're able to finish quickly and get your degree. Big Grin

Out of curiosity, is anyone else in your family going to pursue one of these degrees or have you even spoken to them about it yet?
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Request for Advice on Selecting a University for My Bachelor's Degree Evoluvin 5 167 1 hour ago
Last Post: allvia
  Degree planning advice needed, all opinions welcome Lucidus 5 248 09-20-2024, 11:13 AM
Last Post: Lucidus
  Bachelors Degree Planning Guidance intergalacticyam 6 237 09-19-2024, 07:58 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Bachelor Degree Help envirodude 2 198 09-18-2024, 08:36 PM
Last Post: ROYISAGIRL
  UMPI BLS degree planning advice MCMDF79 10 534 09-17-2024, 02:28 PM
Last Post: MCMDF79
  Master's Degree Options dm.hans32 2 243 09-15-2024, 11:03 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Hello Everyone, How Does My Degree Plan Look? karlvon 4 283 09-14-2024, 10:12 PM
Last Post: karlvon
  recommendation for fastest bachelor degree? BrendaB 4 297 09-13-2024, 08:14 PM
  Degree plan wanted for UK student (CS) FungiTao 1 147 09-13-2024, 07:42 PM
  TESU BA Math and CS Degree Planning thornytumbleweed 9 408 09-13-2024, 02:42 PM
Last Post: MrPanda