Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need Degree Advice and Plan
(09-16-2023, 07:41 PM)ax571 Wrote: hi @LevelUP,  Just found out that Biomedical Electronics is not possible.  The AS Electronics Engineering is my only option there since I have 4 of the 6 electronic classes needed.

Then follow up with an UMPI BLS.  Any suggestions.

If you do the AS Electronics Engineering, then you may as well do the bachelor's at TESU since you wouldn't really save much time or money with UMPI from that point.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
I don't see how the OP ends up with enough technical field credits (40 is the minimum required) for the UMPI BAS with any of the suggested paths listed in this thread.
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

I feel like people are having you jump through crazy hoops for no reason. You don't need additional AA/AS/AAS degrees. You just need a bachelor's degree, since that will be what your company is looking for. No company wants additional associates degrees. They just don't.

So, you need to decide if they want some specific degree, or if they want a check-the-box degree, or if you can get whatever you want like a BABA.

You best bet is going to be a UMPI BLS with a concentration in whatever - Management is as good as anything. It will be the cheapest, and probably the fastest. Since you don't have a ton of usable credits (even a lot of your Gen Eds won't be applicable to UMPI's GEC), a BABA is also a very good option.

Here's what you have covered:
1A - COMP 1 (ENC 1101 English Comp 1)
1D - PRE-COMP 1 (ENC 1100 Intro/English Comp)
2D - HANDS-ON ART (ART 1300C Drawing)
3A - MATH (MAT 1033 Intermediate Algebra)
4D - PHYSICAL SCIENCE (PSC 1515 Energy/Nat Environ)
FREE ELECTIVES - FILLED

Just follow the wiki to fill the remaining requirements with Sophia and then do the final 30cr at UMPI (this will include the minor, and you can double-minor if you want)
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next choice is TESU's BALS or BSBA, if you don't want a CBE degree.

For TESU's BALS, you need:
English Comp II
Oral Comm
Diversity
Ethics
Civic Engagement
History
Science/CompSci
15cr of UL in Liberal Arts

You can use the wiki to find what you need. Most can come from Sophia.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last choice is EU's BLS or BSB, if you don't want a CBE degree.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • allvia
I'm not sure that a BLS/BALS is the best choice here. If you want to maybe eventually move into management (or higher management positions) a Business degree is going to be what most companies are looking for. It will also lead naturally into an MBA, if you decide to pursue that route.

A BLS/BALS may be slightly faster, though, if speed is the only thing you care about.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
Hmm, yeah, I mentioned to work on the BLS in post #5... before I added the Associates, that's because it seems OP really wanted an Associates... I would review what you're looking for and what options have been presented to you. Also take into account your energy, money, time, and overall ROI/Value in what you're looking for, if the Associates is an additional item you want, and it doesn't take up too much energy, money, time, then go for it... else, skip it as you don't need it for entry into the Bachelors. I think a better mix/match of cert, degree, experience would be ideal...
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Are you planning to move into more technical positions like engineering or into managment? If management, then a business degree would seem to be your best move. For technical degrees, computer science or software development is fairly easy to do by the methods here, but other types of engineering (for example electrical engineering) are much less so.

If there are better jobs that you already would be hired for, except for the lack of a degree, then a liberal studies/arts degree would be the absolute easiest and quickest...but business can be nearly as fast and easy, if you have experience and aptitude for that subject.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
[-] The following 1 user Likes davewill's post:
  • allvia

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Degree advice pls starsfan33 2 40 49 minutes ago
Last Post: starsfan33
  Master's Degree Options dm.hans32 3 271 3 hours ago
Last Post: spohara
  Tamuc & WGU planning advice onward25 5 102 4 hours ago
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
Question Request for Advice on Selecting a University for My Bachelor's Degree Evoluvin 6 199 4 hours ago
Last Post: davewill
  Degree planning advice needed, all opinions welcome Lucidus 5 250 09-20-2024, 11:13 AM
Last Post: Lucidus
  Bachelors Degree Planning Guidance intergalacticyam 6 245 09-19-2024, 07:58 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Bachelor Degree Help envirodude 2 201 09-18-2024, 08:36 PM
Last Post: ROYISAGIRL
  UMPI BLS degree planning advice MCMDF79 10 543 09-17-2024, 02:28 PM
Last Post: MCMDF79
  Hello Everyone, How Does My Degree Plan Look? karlvon 4 288 09-14-2024, 10:12 PM
Last Post: karlvon
  recommendation for fastest bachelor degree? BrendaB 4 299 09-13-2024, 08:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77