Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The American Dream Academy (TADA) coming to an end in April 2024
(09-12-2023, 06:52 PM)Kalas Wrote: Free access to the alumni academy ends on 4/30/24. According to today's webinar, people like me that completed a certificate after the end of TADA was announced should also get access to the alumni program until 4/30 (all Coursera courses). I finished my certificate a week ago and still do not have alumni access.

This link will allow TADA members to get a year of all of Coursera's courses for $299, a $100 discount. You have to be a member of TADA to use it (or so they said) and you can still sign up for free. The discount is valid until 4/30 so you can use the free alumni access until then and sign up for a year with the discount on the last day. The full URL is massive so I will use the bit.ly given in this morning's webinar bit.ly/48aUbqG

Thank you!  I was registered but completely forgot about it.  I am not impressed with that offer. It’s the same deal they usually do in January for the new year.
MBA - JWMI (in progress)
BA - Edinboro University
Certificate, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion in the Workplace
Certificate, Global Entrepreneurship & Innovation

LawShelf Affiliate (NCCRS credits)
Additional course free with my affiliate code: VK375
https://lawshelf.com/videocoursesview

ENEB Affiliate
MBA + Master:  https://go.hotmart.com/N92904319K?ap=12c8
MBA *or* Master:  https://go.hotmart.com/S92904390Y?ap=44dc
After two years providing skills training for Americans from across the country, The American Dream Academy (TADA) program will be ending on April 30, 2024.

What this means:

You can continue working towards completion of your TADA coursework until April 30, 2024, and all learners who complete TADA’s requirements by then will receive the TADA badge.

Support for learners, such as Study Hall, will continue through April 30, 2024.

You will receive information about alternative programs offered by Coursera and partners that are free or discounted for learners who wish to continue their learning after April 30, 2024.

NOTE date change: new learners can register until October 31, 2023. Please share this with anyone in your community who might be interested in joining TADA.

To learn more, view the Current Learners FAQs on the TADA website.

Thank you for being part of TADA!

With admiration,

The American Dream Academy Team
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • origamishuttle
Hi all!

If I want to jump in and take advantage of TADA before it ends, what should I focus on from there? Is it just the IT Support Certificate that is ACE recommended? I am not going into IT or anything, but I would like to take advantage of TADA while it is available and can fold it into my plan. ACE credit takes precedence of course.

Thanks!

Victoria
Hi Victoria, you may want to do the business type of TADA offerings, such as their Project Management Cert. It doesn't have to be in IT if you're not into that field or want to go that route. Here's a thread post of mine that gives a few options, you want to review the freebie link and Coursera/TADA link to get the full picture of options available: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid398174

• vesparza15
Got another email reminder, those on the fence... please enroll ASAP, the door is closing. It's a very good program to get into, entry level certs for IT Support, Data Analytics, Digital Marketing, Project Management, UX Design, and a few more that also grant ACE recommended credit for college. Here's a copy/paste of that email I received earlier today!

Please note that registration for new learners into The American Dream Academy will close on October 31, 2023.

Feel free to share the opportunity to join The American Dream Academy with all who are interested and encourage them to register by the end of this month.

A reminder that The American Dream Academy will end on April 30, 2024. For more information, view FAQs for Current Learners on our website.

Thank you again for being a member of The American Dream Academy. We wish you a safe and happy weekend.

The American Dream Academy team

(09-06-2023, 12:54 PM)Kalas Wrote: I'm curious to see if this will change the alumni program. From what I read it sounds like TADA gives you unlimited access to everything on Coursera for free if you complete their beginning with me course, a certification course and one of the workplace skills courses. I finished my certification today and the process isn't automatic, assuming people are still being given access to the alumni program.

Am I understanding correctly that to earn a certification via TADA I must complete the "Beginning with Me" course plus one additional workplace skills course? I can't ONLY take, for instance, the Google Project Management certification?
(10-23-2023, 10:31 AM)MJ75 Wrote: Am I understanding correctly that to earn a certification via TADA I must complete the "Beginning with Me" course plus one additional workplace skills course? I can't ONLY take, for instance, the Google Project Management certification?

If you just want the one certificate, you can. If you want access to the alumni academy, you need to meet the TADA requirements.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(10-23-2023, 10:32 AM)rachel83az Wrote:
(10-23-2023, 10:31 AM)MJ75 Wrote: Am I understanding correctly that to earn a certification via TADA I must complete the "Beginning with Me" course plus one additional workplace skills course? I can't ONLY take, for instance, the Google Project Management certification?

If you just want the one certificate, you can. If you want access to the alumni academy, you need to meet the TADA requirements.

Thank you for clarifying. I appreciate it!
@MJ75, for any Coursera course, you need to finish the graded content, optional items you can skip. Review this post/thread here: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...s-Optional

• MJ75
A reminder that this is the last week for new learners to register for The American Dream Academy. Registration will close on October 31, 2023.

Feel free to share this opportunity with friends and families by sending them to The American Dream Academy website to register.

Also, a reminder that TADA ends on April 30, 2024. Resources about the TADA transition and opportunities to continue learning after the program ends can be found on your TADA dashboard in Coursera. To access these resources, click on the course titled “TADA Transition and Pathways Learner Info.”

Information can also be found in the FAQs for Current Learners on The American Dream Academy website.

We wish you a good fall and happy studying!

The American Dream Academy team

• origamishuttle

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  American Public University? nomaduser 45 6,482 11 hours ago
Last Post: nomaduser
  March 2024 - News, News, and more News! bjcheung77 6 923 09-04-2024, 10:10 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Metropolia UAS IT Programme changes after 31.7.2024 cro-magnon 11 822 08-06-2024, 11:53 AM
Last Post: cro-magnon
  The 100 Most Popular Accredited Online Colleges for 2024 LevelUP 7 2,149 06-13-2024, 11:36 PM
Last Post: Tedium
  Gandhi-King Global Academy - United States Institute of Peace Charles Fout 3 453 06-13-2024, 03:14 AM
Last Post: villagetunic
  Coming Soon: Free Diploma of HE in Tourism & Service Business Management (XAMK) sarahmac 2 1,478 05-27-2024, 11:28 AM
Last Post: mdn
  Dream Job to Entrepreneur... bjcheung77 1 284 05-20-2024, 04:45 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  The American Dream Academy Closing 4/30 Questions SophiaPrincess 14 2,731 05-08-2024, 12:15 AM
Last Post: upgrayedd
  New UK Bachelors Degree Online coming soon! Leedeedee 1 645 04-03-2024, 11:54 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  10 Certificates To Put On Your Resume In 2024 LevelUP 0 489 03-27-2024, 09:15 AM
Last Post: LevelUP