Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The American Dream Academy (TADA) coming to an end in April 2024
(08-21-2023, 11:50 AM)Vle045 Wrote: Just recieved this email…

After two years providing skills training to Americans from across the country, The American Dream Academy (TADA) program will be ending on April 30, 2024.

What this means:
You can continue working towards completion of your TADA coursework until April 30, 2024, and all learners who complete TADA’s requirements by then will receive the TADA badge. 
Support for learners, such as Study Hall, will continue through April 30, 2024.
You will receive information about alternative programs offered by Coursera and other partners that are free or discounted for learners who wish to continue their learning after April 30, 2024.

New learners may register until October 16, 2023.

To learn more, view the Current Learners FAQs on the TADA website. There will be an Information Session in September. Details to come.
We thank you for being part of TADA and wish you success as you advance toward your dreams. 
With admiration and respect,
The American Dream Academy Team

Any word on why they are closing? I was interested in checking them out.
Thomas Edison State University
2026: Doctor of Bus. Adm
Universidad Isabel I
2023: M.B.A.
2023: Master in Business/Corporate Comm
William Patterson University
2024: M.Ed - Educational Leadership
UMPI:
2024: M.A.O.L.
2024: BABA - PM/IM
2023: B.A. - History & Political Science
2023: B.L.S. - Management
2023: A.A. - Liberal Studies
Rowan College of South Jersey:
2022: A.A. A.S. - Sociology
2023: A.A. A.S. - History
2023: A.A. A.S. - Philosophy
2023: A.A. A.S. - Psychology
Received an Email:

You are invited to REGISTER HERE for a special information session about The American Dream Academy on Tuesday September 12, 2023 from 7 to 7:45pm EST. 

During the session, we will share information about TADA, with a focus on questions about TADA ending on April 30, 2024. There will be some courses still available for free or at a discount. More information at Tuesday Sept. 12 session. 

From new faqs section:

What does this mean for me as a learner?

You will continue to have free access to courses, certificates and other supports, such as monthly Study Halls, offered through the American Dream Academy until April 30, 2024. MCAAD, Coursera and our partners are extending free and discounted access options so that TADA learners can continue their coursework beyond that date. We will share more details on these options during a September information session and in followup emails.

What happens to my badges/certificate of completion?

You can see all the Course Certificates you've earned on your Accomplishments page. From there, you can download, print, or share your Certificates. You will have until April 30, 2024 to earn The American Dream Academy badge 

What if I don’t finish my career certificate before the program ends?

MCAAD, Coursera, and our partners are extending free and discounted access options so that TADA learners can continue with their courses and pursue their goals. We will share more details on these options during a September information session and in followup emails.

I completed and still don’t have my career certificate, what do I do?

If you submitted all required assignments in a course but don't see a Course Certificate on your Accomplishments page, you may not have fully completed the course. Check to make sure:
Your Name Verification or ID Verification has been approved. Some courses require Name Verification before your Certificate is released. Others require ID Verification. To check, open your Account Settings page. If you see a link asking you to complete Name or ID Verification, click the link and follow the instructions to set up Name or ID Verification.
All your assignments have received grades, including peer-reviewed assignments. It may take some time to receive a final grade from your peers; if you just submitted your assignment, check back in a few days. You also need to submit the required number of peer reviews for other learners in the course to get a grade.
You passed all required assignments, or you met the course passing threshold. In most courses, you need a passing grade on all required assignments to get a Course Certificate. In cumulative graded courses, you need to meet the course passing threshold. Check the Grades tab to see your current course grade or check for are assignments you still need to pass.
I repeat post #3: Basically, I would recommend completing anything you can that grants ACE college credit. Once done, if anything interests you such as a non credit cert, go for that afterwards. Use your time wisely on this and complete the ones that interest you most...
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
I'm curious to see if this will change the alumni program. From what I read it sounds like TADA gives you unlimited access to everything on Coursera for free if you complete their beginning with me course, a certification course and one of the workplace skills courses. I finished my certification today and the process isn't automatic, assuming people are still being given access to the alumni program.
Just wondering, for those who 'renewed' when their account was about to expire, how do you renew? Mine is going to expire next week, it's been 6 months for me now. Do I sign up again or click a link, email? Here are the pathways for those who missed it: https://theamericandreamacademy.org/asse...thways.pdf
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(09-08-2023, 07:12 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Just wondering, for those who 'renewed' when their account was about to expire, how do you renew?  Mine is going to expire next week, it's been 6 months for me now.  Do I sign up again or click a link, email?   Here are the pathways for those who missed it: https://theamericandreamacademy.org/asse...thways.pdf

It doesn't expire in 6 months. As long as you are active, the account stays active though will expire for everyone in April 2024.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
My husband's transitioned into TADA Alumni - this actually has way more programs and courses than the initial TADA did. So I'd encourage others to check their accounts and see if theirs did too. I don't know if this a next phase of the program, or if his TADA Alumni access will end next April, but in the meantime there are a lot of things available including all the IBM ACE recommended certs.

Actually an enterprising person with RA Gen Eds could use this for the CUNY SPS BS Info Systems to really bring the cost down.

The combination of the Coursera certs he has wipes out all but the 15 residential credits to be done in a single flatrate term. You can only bring in a certain number of ACE though, so this won't work for folks who haven't done RA before--since of the 105 transferred in, 60 need to be RA.
(09-09-2023, 09:49 AM)sarahmac Wrote: My husband's transitioned into TADA Alumni - this actually has way more programs and courses than the initial TADA did. So I'd encourage others to check their accounts and see if theirs did too. I don't know if this a next phase of the program, or if his TADA Alumni access will end next April, but in the meantime there are a lot of things available including all the IBM ACE recommended certs.

Actually an enterprising person with RA Gen Eds could use this for the CUNY SPS BS Info Systems to really bring the cost down.

The combination of the Coursera certs he has wipes out all but the 15 residential credits to be done in a single flatrate term. You can only bring in a certain number of ACE though, so this won't work for folks who haven't done RA before--since of the 105 transferred in, 60 need to be RA.

Yep, I'm a TADA Alumni also.

$3,465 for a CUNY SPS degree ranked #11 top online school by U.S. News is a great deal!
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
[-] The following 1 user Likes LevelUP's post:
  • Vle045
I can't find it right now, but I am pretty sure that I read that the Alumni program will be ending as well.
MBA - JWMI (in progress)
BA - Edinboro University
Certificate, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion in the Workplace
Certificate, Global Entrepreneurship & Innovation

LawShelf Affiliate (NCCRS credits)
Additional course free with my affiliate code: VK375
https://lawshelf.com/videocoursesview

ENEB Affiliate
MBA + Master:  https://go.hotmart.com/N92904319K?ap=12c8
MBA *or* Master:  https://go.hotmart.com/S92904390Y?ap=44dc
Free access to the alumni academy ends on 4/30/24. According to today's webinar, people like me that completed a certificate after the end of TADA was announced should also get access to the alumni program until 4/30 (all Coursera courses). I finished my certificate a week ago and still do not have alumni access.

This link will allow TADA members to get a year of all of Coursera's courses for $299, a $100 discount. You have to be a member of TADA to use it (or so they said) and you can still sign up for free. The discount is valid until 4/30 so you can use the free alumni access until then and sign up for a year with the discount on the last day. The full URL is massive so I will use the bit.ly given in this morning's webinar bit.ly/48aUbqG
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kalas's post:
  • Vle045

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  American Public University? nomaduser 45 6,488 Yesterday, 01:54 PM
Last Post: nomaduser
  March 2024 - News, News, and more News! bjcheung77 6 923 09-04-2024, 10:10 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Metropolia UAS IT Programme changes after 31.7.2024 cro-magnon 11 823 08-06-2024, 11:53 AM
Last Post: cro-magnon
  The 100 Most Popular Accredited Online Colleges for 2024 LevelUP 7 2,149 06-13-2024, 11:36 PM
Last Post: Tedium
  Gandhi-King Global Academy - United States Institute of Peace Charles Fout 3 454 06-13-2024, 03:14 AM
Last Post: villagetunic
  Coming Soon: Free Diploma of HE in Tourism & Service Business Management (XAMK) sarahmac 2 1,478 05-27-2024, 11:28 AM
Last Post: mdn
  Dream Job to Entrepreneur... bjcheung77 1 284 05-20-2024, 04:45 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  The American Dream Academy Closing 4/30 Questions SophiaPrincess 14 2,733 05-08-2024, 12:15 AM
Last Post: upgrayedd
  New UK Bachelors Degree Online coming soon! Leedeedee 1 645 04-03-2024, 11:54 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  10 Certificates To Put On Your Resume In 2024 LevelUP 0 489 03-27-2024, 09:15 AM
Last Post: LevelUP