Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pearson Accelerated, Masters
Hello, everyone. I am new here and have been obtaining a lot of information. I am started at almost square zero but should be obtaining my Pierpont BOG AAS. I have all the credits for it and I'm waiting for my application and email responses.... regardless I'm still looking at ways to get credits for my bachelor degree. I'm going to finish some more course on sophia, probably go to SDC for a few... then I also see Pearson accelerated pathway which isn't any better than sophia until I saw the masters potion. I searched and did not see anything on here about it. Has anyone used one of these graduate certs. and obtained the 12 graduate credits?

If so, what certificate? how was the material? How much was the cost in total? Is a bachelors required for the cert and perhaps would the cert allow one to bypass the requirment of having a bachelor. 

https://www.pearsonaccelerated.com/masters/
You can see costs on that page if you scroll down to the FAQ section. At $1260 per course and 4 courses per certificate, that's kind of expensive. $5k for a graduate certificate that is probably NOT going to transfer (most grad schools have limited slots for course transfer). Depending on what field you're looking at, it's possible to get an entire Master's degree for that price. Possibly both Bachelor's and Master's!

Pearson Accelerated isn't quite a scam, but there is little reason to take either undergrad or graduate courses from them. At the undergrad level, TEL Learning is cheaper. ASU Universal Learner is cheaper. Sophia/SDC are cheaper (but aren't RA credit). At the graduate level, there is extremely limited transferability. This essentially locks you into a $15k Master's degree from their partner WU.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
They are not college credits (at least they don't apply to anywhere else but Waldorf University - who will give you admission credit towards their masters program). The Waldorf master program itself does require a bachelor, so you can't get around that. There are far better paths to completing a master, both from a time and money perspective. I see this is your first post, what are you working towards? What is your goal?
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

@OP, Welcome to the board, you may want to complete the template and last post addendum here: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...Area-works | For the Pearson option you mentioned, I don't think it's worth the money. I'd skip that option. You can try this for the graduate credits instead, it's free and actually worth college credit when all is said and done... https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...n-students
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Tbear Wrote:Sorry to bother you but I was hoping for more information on TESU BA Biology and where you have completed or are working on the biology requirements.

BIO-2510
Introduction to Microbiology with Lab

CHE-1210
General Chemistry I with Lab

CHE-1220
General Chemistry II with Lab

PHY-1150
Physics I with Lab

PHY-1160
Physics II with Lab

-TRSFR REQ.
General Biology I with Lab

-TRSFR REQ.
General Biology II with Lab

-TRSFR REQ.
Cell Biology

-TRSFR REQ.
Genetics

-TRSFR REQ.
Organic Chemistry I with Lab

-TRSFR REQ.
Organic Chemistry II with Lab

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Tbear, your private messaging is disabled.  I tried PM you back... You can customize what is on the WIKI to your liking.
Anyways, you can follow the template here: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Sa...egree_Plan

For the courses, you should start with Sophia.org, StraighterLine, Study.com then work on the ones from the community colleges/universities.  The ones that aren't available through alternative credit, I am taking them through Logan University.  There are other colleges/universities to select from, it depends on the cost, learning medium, term, etc.
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SNHU Masters Degree RoliJoli 3 315 09-11-2024, 10:42 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
Lightbulb Accelerated Degree Plan For New Career new_start2025+ 12 631 09-08-2024, 11:38 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  STEM masters degrees for non-STEM majors Robson 12 905 08-20-2024, 11:55 AM
Last Post: Duneranger
  Pierpont to WGU Accelerated IT KnowledgeQuest 1 306 07-10-2024, 06:13 PM
  (Newbie) Affordable Accelerated Nursing Program CalicoMama 20 2,319 05-07-2024, 03:30 PM
Last Post: Stonybeach
  Need an accelerated program to self support myself ClarityandSparkly 5 597 04-10-2024, 04:31 PM
  have ENEB masters, no bachelors or other degree? Times 11 1,576 04-08-2024, 04:44 PM
  Bachelors Psychology to Masters advice Nexum 5 724 03-28-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: BELEEMA
  Masters Degree in Texas Melhux 3 434 03-26-2024, 05:45 AM
  Affordable Online Masters degrees related to biology NotJoeBiden 6 879 01-24-2024, 03:36 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley