Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
onlinedegree.com free classes?
I noted that under the wiki for free or cheap sources of credit https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Sources_of_Credit, there is a source of free online classes from onlineedegree.com. From what I can see at https://www.onlinedegree.com/free-courses/, the free courses are fairly limited to the following:

Criminal Justice Cybersecurity and Cyber Crime
Economics: Intro to Microeconomics
Education: Language and Literacy in Education
Env Science: Climate Change and the Cryosphere
Health Care: Intro to Public Health
History: Turning Points in Modern History
Nutrition and Health: Body Sculpting with Diet and Exercise
Psych: Intro to Psych
Robotics: Intro to Robotics

These classes appear to be free with a minimal cost per credit of $3. I am wondering are they worth 3 credit hours of RA credit and are they LL or UL credit?

ece2001biz
The coursework is free. It cost about $9 to take the exam as you noted. Onlinedegree is not a college or university. Therefore not RA credit. They are NCCRS credit. Look here for the NCCRS credit recommendation for how many credit hours and which level http://www.nationalccrs.org/organization...edegreecom as far as I see, they are all LL. almost all are 3 credits, except for the cooking/culinary one which is 2 LL but that one wasn't on your list
I didn't use any of their courses for my degree. Started one for an elective and it was just not my cup of tea. But it also didn't cost me money to learn I didn't like their format. Everyone is different on that.
TESU: BALS June 2021 (comm college, clep, sdc sophia coopersmith, SOS110, and capstone)

How worthwhile OnlineDegree is will depend on the school you intend to graduate from. For UMPI, these are worthless and not accepted. For Excelsior, they're accepted but all LL classes. At TESU, they're accepted, LL, and alt credit. Not RA. Most of them don't fit well into most degree plans.

But, if they work well for your degree plan, that's great. You just need to find RA credit elsewhere.

On that page, if you'll look again at the table where OnlineDegree is listed, you'll see that credit sources are listed by cost per credit (which is why it's $9 to take an OnlineDegree exam) and whether the source is RA, NCCRS, or ACE.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • midnite123
You may want to work with your father in designing a degree plan, you need to ultimately know what degree/school you intend to graduate from. Keep at the dual enrollment you currently are using, supplement it with CLEP/MS and Sophia.org for lower level credit... Depending on what you need for your degree, you may want to check out the "Almost Free & Freebies" here: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Fr..._of_Credit
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(01-18-2023, 09:22 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: You may want to work with your father in designing a degree plan, you need to ultimately know what degree/school you intend to graduate from.  Keep at the dual enrollment you currently are using, supplement it with CLEP/MS and Sophia.org for lower level credit... Depending on what you need for your degree, you may want to check out the "Almost Free & Freebies" here: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Fr..._of_Credit
@bjcheung77

I actually am looking at likely doing the UMPI BABA (Bachelor's Administration) with a concentration in Mgmt. 
and Leadership. I talked with my Dad and he helped me create the attached degree plan. We used Ashkir's model. I tried to plug in the current credit I had from YSU. Can you please let me know your thoughts on this attached plan?

Thanks,

ece2001biz

Attached Files
.xlsx   UPMI BABA Mgmt + Lead Degree Plan Jan 2023.xlsx (Size: 20.01 KB / Downloads: 3)
(01-16-2023, 03:46 AM)rachel83az Wrote: How worthwhile OnlineDegree is will depend on the school you intend to graduate from. For UMPI, these are worthless and not accepted. For Excelsior, they're accepted but all LL classes. At TESU, they're accepted, LL, and alt credit. Not RA. Most of them don't fit well into most degree plans.

But, if they work well for your degree plan, that's great. You just need to find RA credit elsewhere.

On that page, if you'll look again at the table where OnlineDegree is listed, you'll see that credit sources are listed by cost per credit (which is why it's $9 to take an OnlineDegree exam) and whether the source is RA, NCCRS, or ACE.

Hi,
TESU accepts all these courses?
Do you reccomend them?
Thanx!!!!!!!
(01-20-2023, 03:51 AM)midnite123 Wrote:
(01-16-2023, 03:46 AM)rachel83az Wrote: How worthwhile OnlineDegree is will depend on the school you intend to graduate from. For UMPI, these are worthless and not accepted. For Excelsior, they're accepted but all LL classes. At TESU, they're accepted, LL, and alt credit. Not RA. Most of them don't fit well into most degree plans.

Hi,
TESU accepts all these courses?
Do you reccomend them?
Thanx!!!!!!!

Yes, as I said, TESU accepts them. They're okay. Better put together in some ways than Saylor courses. But worse in other ways. It depends on which one(s) you want to complete.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 2 users Like rachel83az's post:
  • Captainrekt000, midnite123

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  free certificates in China lilyuzimu 5 370 Yesterday, 11:48 AM
Last Post: durain
  Free College Hack - Italian or Hungarian Ancestry nykorn 8 733 09-27-2024, 03:37 PM
Last Post: naet
  Free Course Jacksonville State University a_dblu 61 12,385 09-26-2024, 08:26 PM
Last Post: BritStudent
  Seeking Advice on Free Online Courses as a Non-Degree Student rickrick 6 418 09-09-2024, 05:19 PM
Last Post: ArshveerCheema
  any Cert-free schools? pluggingalong 2 321 08-24-2024, 09:44 PM
Last Post: pluggingalong
Lightbulb ASU to Launch a Free Global Initiative and enroll 100 million students MNomadic 216 39,166 08-04-2024, 12:57 PM
Last Post: Vle045
  Free college for "Senior citizens" jb111 6 824 07-07-2024, 06:55 PM
Last Post: FireMedic_Philosopher
  OpenAI launches new AI model GPT-4o Free for Everyone LevelUP 4 680 06-27-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Coming Soon: Free Diploma of HE in Tourism & Service Business Management (XAMK) sarahmac 2 1,481 05-27-2024, 11:28 AM
Last Post: mdn
  Need Music Classes Firedup4Jesus 15 2,353 05-23-2024, 03:53 PM
Last Post: amomwholearns