Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Free Graduate Certificate in Telehealth!!!
The courses are asynchronous and five weeks each. You take one course at a time.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
So bummed I can’t take advantage of this Sad just a heads up, they won’t admit you until your degree is OFFICIALLY conferred. Fingers crossed they offer it again sometime after March!
DSST
Substance Abuse 470, Fundamentals of Counseling 466, General Anthropology 445, Foundations of Education 424, Technical Writing 450
CLEP
Human Growth & Development 58, Intro to Educational Psychology 66, College Composition 66, College Composition Modular 65, Intro to Sociology 64, Analyzing & Interpreting Literature 50, American Government 55, College Algebra 63, Macroeconomics 52, Biology 55
SDC 
Ethics in the Social science, Statistics, Cognitive Psychology, Research methods, Personality Theory, History & Systems of Psychology, Ethics in America, History of the US II
CooperSmith
Abnormal Psychology, Physiological Psychology
UExcel
Psychology of Adulthood & Aging, Social Psychology
Good news! It's still tuition-free for the term starting in February!
Unfortunately, I'll be in the middle of another course and won't have any time at all for it. Here's hoping the offer lasts until later this year (or next  Big Grin ).

[Image: Screenshot-20230111-174725-615.png]
SMS, SGB, GEN, NG, TG16, NES, SNES

[Image: ccoDZ6X.png]

[-] The following 1 user Likes Maniac Craniac's post:
  • Vle045
I am in the first week of the first course now.
In Progress:
BS Statistics + BS Physics, Indonesia, 2023
MSc ML/AI (LJMU, UK), 2022
Completed:
PGDip ML/AI (IIITB, India), 2021
BE Civil Engineering, Universitas Pelita Harapan, 2017
[-] The following 1 user Likes asianphd's post:
  • Vle045
Same. So far so good!
Harvard Extension School- HESA President- 2024
O.P. Jindal Global University- MA in International Relations, Security, and Strategy- In Prog.
Harvard Uni-Ext. School- ALM in English- In Prog., Cert. in American Lit. and Culture- May 2024
Harvard Uni- Kennedy School of Gov.- PLC- Public Leadership Credential- 01/2023
Bottega Uni- MBA-Feb. 2022
Kennesaw State Uni- BA English-Dec. 2021
Charter Oak State College- BS/AS Psychology- 2013
[-] The following 1 user Likes collegecareerstudent's post:
  • asianphd
Is this qualification of any use to those in the UK and Europe? And does it allow the use of post nominals on completion?
Does anyone know if ACE changed their standard for degrees? Previously, they wouldn't let me apply for a doctorate because my masters isn't regionally accredited. It's nationally accredited. Would love to convert the certificate to a degree program.
O.P. Jindal Global University- MA in International Relations, Security, and Strategy- In Prog.
Harvard Uni-Ext. School- ALM in English- In Prog., Cert. in American Lit. and Culture- May 2024
@asianphd @collegecareerstudent Awesome!!! I'd love to hear all about it. I wonder if it's doable while I'm simultaneously working on other courses ?

@tuebookworm10 Your mileage may vary. It's a post-grad cert from an accredited American university. I'm sure it would be accepted as a valid credential in the UK, but how "useful" it will be depends on what you want to "use" it for. There's no precedent for what a certificate in Telehealth can do for your career since there aren't too many schools that offer them and they're all very new. As for post nominals, I can only share my own experience that I've never seen anyone use an American graduate certificate in that way. There's also no standard abbreviation used for American graduate certificates, although I have seen GCert or GCERT in some contexts. If there's no rule against it, written or otherwise, within the context you want to use it, then no one can stop you from adding a post nominal if that's what you wanted to do.
SMS, SGB, GEN, NG, TG16, NES, SNES

[Image: ccoDZ6X.png]

[-] The following 1 user Likes Maniac Craniac's post:
  • collegecareerstudent
Hi there,

So far there is a weekly discussion assignment, 5 question quiz, and weekly application assignment, which is a 3-4 page essay or project. For week 2, the assignment is to create an Infographic, but for week 1 it was a 3-4 page paper in APA format. There is a final exam that is 50 questions multiple choice. I'm managing. However, keep in mind, I'm not normal. I work full-time and am in 5 varying programs at the same time. I dedicate every free moment to my studies. I wouldn't recommend my study schedule to my worst enemy, and I regularly have to consider how to get the assignments in and plan months in advance.

That all being said-

If you only are working on one degree program and working full-time, the certificate in Telehealth is doable. The weekly paper is the hardest part of the course- the first paper took me two hours to write. If you can devote 2-4 hours a week to the certificate exclusively, you will succeed. Also, course weeks last 5 weeks at a time, so you're really only investing 15 weeks, which is the same amount roughly, as a traditional semester. If anyone has further questions, let me know.
[-] The following 1 user Likes collegecareerstudent's post:
  • suzycupcake
(01-19-2023, 12:00 AM)collegecareerstudent Wrote: Hi there,

So far there is a weekly discussion assignment, 5 question quiz, and weekly application assignment, which is a 3-4 page essay or project. For week 2, the assignment is to create an Infographic, but for week 1 it was a 3-4 page paper in APA format. There is a final exam that is 50 questions multiple choice.  I'm managing. However, keep in mind, I'm not normal. I work full-time and am in 5 varying programs at the same time. I dedicate every free moment to my studies. I wouldn't recommend my study schedule to my worst enemy, and I regularly have to consider how to get the assignments in and plan months in advance.

That all being said-

If you only are working on one degree program and working full-time, the certificate in Telehealth is doable. The weekly paper is the hardest part of the course- the first paper took me two hours to write. If you can devote 2-4 hours a week to the certificate exclusively, you will succeed. Also, course weeks last 5 weeks at a time, so you're really only investing 15 weeks, which is the same amount roughly, as a traditional semester. If anyone has further questions, let me know.
Thanks for your input.

Do you know if the accreditation for this course allows access to higher education? Does it have regional accreditation?

I know I’ve asked already and have been answered (thank you), does successful completion of this course allow for the use of post nominals? (This is important for my career progression)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  125 free non credit courses in Spanish Avidreader 0 126 09-28-2024, 10:27 AM
Last Post: Avidreader
  Free Community College - MA Residents Captainrekt000 0 107 09-27-2024, 12:56 PM
Last Post: Captainrekt000
  Free 1L BarBri Resource for Law Students Bingbong 2 165 09-25-2024, 01:11 PM
Last Post: Bingbong
  Introduction to IT Certificate from Robertson College ArshveerCheema 16 809 09-24-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: ArshveerCheema
  Free and Cheap College/University Microcredentials ArshveerCheema 3 424 09-24-2024, 09:27 PM
  Caregiving Essentials Certificate, McMaster University ArshveerCheema 0 151 09-20-2024, 11:57 PM
  Free Certificate in Public Health Practice (w/6 course completion certs) Maniac Craniac 22 3,912 09-20-2024, 11:01 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  Free certificates from Bond University, Australia ArshveerCheema 0 194 09-20-2024, 10:32 PM
  A Beginner's Guide to Coffee certificate from Sunway University ArshveerCheema 0 205 09-20-2024, 08:11 PM
  100 Million Learners Certificate of Completion Dori001 5 512 09-20-2024, 09:45 AM
Last Post: Dori001