Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Degree Plans that incorporate Business and Psychology
By the way, depending on which route you take, you might want to get the FREE Pierpont degree to celebrate obtaining 60+ college credits: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Pierpont_C%26TC
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
My top choices:
1) COSC for a BS in Individualized studies, with Psych and Business as your major - you choose the courses you take
2) UMPI for a BLS in Management, and then Psych courses as electives
3) EC for a BSL with a bunch of Psych courses in the A&S, and a bunch of business in the Free Electives area. No concentration at all
4) TESU for a BALS w/concentration in Psych, and then Business courses in the Free Electives area

You can't go wrong with any of these options.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(12-06-2021, 09:25 PM)dfrecore Wrote: My top choices:
1) COSC for a BS in Individualized studies, with Psych and Business as your major - you choose the courses you take
2) UMPI for a BLS in Management, and then Psych courses as electives
3) EC for a BSL with a bunch of Psych courses in the A&S, and a bunch of business in the Free Electives area. No concentration at all
4) TESU for a BALS w/concentration in Psych, and then Business courses in the Free Electives area

You can't go wrong with any of these options.

What psych classes at UMPI? We don't have psych classes in YourPace.
I guess you could take Psych courses at SDC for electives. But not sure why you'd want to do that with UMPI.

Also, COSC appears to be a very poor choice these days. Reports of slow evaluations and not many courses transferring in. Not sure why they'd be listed as a top choice. They're a last resort, way below UMPI, EC, and TESU.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
one_step_at_a_time Wrote:I live in North Dakota. Thanks for the resources you’ve offered. I’ve got lots of good stuff to look through this week.

Darn, why can't you be in the state of confusion!?  So I can walk you out of that state of mind...  Anyways, since you're putting 2-3 years into this journey, you can do this.  Pierpont BOG AAS (with an Emphasis you decide, such as Business, IT, or something else), UMPI BAS (with a minor you select from YourPace offerings), Walden MS Industrial & Organizational Psychology and it would cost you less than 10K for the three combined...  

The Pierpont BOG AAS degree is practically FREE (cost of transcripts is all that is needed) en route to your UMPI BAS.  If you take two terms at UMPI, that's $2800 at $1400/term, plus let's say $79/month x 3 for Sophia.org and $200/month for Study.com...  Walden is going to be $2900/3 month term + $195 tech fee, two terms would be $6190.  

Sophia.org: $237
Study.com: $200
UMPI: $2800
Walden: $6190
Total: $9427 + cost of transcripts

You can review the link Rachel83Az has above for the Pierpont instructions, you'll need to take a graded RA credit, the rest can all pass/fail exams and the bulk would be the ACE credits available from Sophia.org!   For the UMPI BAS (this is a non CBE program but you can use courses in the YourPace CBE to complete the program).  Link: https://www.umpi.edu/files/academics/pro...ce_BAS.pdf 

| For Walden MS Psych, review this new post: Walden Tempo Learning - CBE Price Increase March 2022 (degreeforum.net) | Last but not least, you can spend the remaining "budget" for an ENEB MBA & Masters combo to hit roughly $10K in total!  You might want to take some time reading the forums and the wiki to soak up all this info:  ENEB - Degree Forum Wiki (miraheze.org)
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(12-06-2021, 11:05 PM)rachel83az Wrote: I guess you could take Psych courses at SDC for electives. But not sure why you'd want to do that with UMPI.

Also, COSC appears to be a very poor choice these days. Reports of slow evaluations and not many courses transferring in. Not sure why they'd be listed as a top choice. They're a last resort, way below UMPI, EC, and TESU.

Yes, if you're going to bring in 90cr, taking Psych courses from SDC is a great option.  You need to take courses anyway, so why not ones you'd enjoy taking?

I've heard one person complain about slow evals, and no legit complaints about courses not transferring in.  They are a top choice TO ME, even if not to you.  I don't have a dog in this fight, I'm just listing some different options for someone.  They can decide what they want to do.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Well, if a student has appropriate psychology credits they earned elsewhere, it is possible to add psychology minor at UMPI. Requirements are here:
http://catalog.umpi.edu/preview_program....turnto=155

*to prevent the whole "but there is no psychology minor for yourpace students" discussion: yes, I have specifically confirmed an availability of this option with both UMPI registrar (specifically inquired about YourPace students) and YourPace director.
UMPI is very flexible, just talk to them and be honest about your goals.
MSML, WGU 2022
BAS, UMPI, 2021
AAS, Pierpont C&TC, 2021

ACE (119): Sophia, 93; TEEX, 5; SDC, 12; ACTFL, 6
RA (50): ASU, 8; ONU, 3; UMPI, 39
NA (16) : UoPeople, 16
Other: ENEB/Isabel I, MBA (2021)
Also dropped a gazillion of classes!!

Family members work on degrees at Ashworth, TESU, Purdue, UMPI, NationsU
(12-08-2021, 12:41 AM)NoStudentNoCry Wrote: Well, if a student has appropriate psychology credits they earned elsewhere, it is possible to add psychology minor at UMPI. Requirements are here:
http://catalog.umpi.edu/preview_program....turnto=155

*to prevent the whole "but there is no psychology minor for yourpace students" discussion: yes, I have specifically confirmed an availability of this option with both UMPI registrar (specifically inquired about YourPace students) and YourPace director.
UMPI is very flexible, just talk to them and be honest about your goals.

Well, you just opened Pandora's box.

You are saying that UMPI students can have any minor, providing they take all classes outside UMPI's YourPace program.  Minors that could be done with alt credit likely include minors in accounting, biology, business admin, history, humanities, mathematics, physical science, pre-law, social studies, sociology, etc.

Minor choices: 
http://catalog.umpi.edu/content.php?catoid=4&navoid=155

I like the idea of doing UMPI BA Business Admin + concentration and the Psychology minor. However, adding the Psychology minor probably would take 1-2 months extra time, which isn't much.

I would cut your timeframe in half and get this all done in one year, providing you can put 20hrs a week into your studies.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
(12-08-2021, 01:26 AM)LevelUP Wrote: Well, you just opened Pandora's box.
You are saying that UMPI students can have any minor, providing they take all classes outside UMPI's YourPace program.

I'd say that it is not granted because students must ask for permission. But it's free to ask, so...
MSML, WGU 2022
BAS, UMPI, 2021
AAS, Pierpont C&TC, 2021

ACE (119): Sophia, 93; TEEX, 5; SDC, 12; ACTFL, 6
RA (50): ASU, 8; ONU, 3; UMPI, 39
NA (16) : UoPeople, 16
Other: ENEB/Isabel I, MBA (2021)
Also dropped a gazillion of classes!!

Family members work on degrees at Ashworth, TESU, Purdue, UMPI, NationsU
(12-08-2021, 02:00 AM)NoStudentNoCry Wrote:
(12-08-2021, 01:26 AM)LevelUP Wrote: Well, you just opened Pandora's box.
You are saying that UMPI students can have any minor, providing they take all classes outside UMPI's YourPace program.

I'd say that it is not granted because students must ask for permission. But it's free to ask, so...

So then some students will be "special" and be granted any minor they want while others will be SOL?
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Master's Degree Options dm.hans32 5 375 Today, 12:49 AM
Last Post: Duneranger
  Degree advice pls starsfan33 9 149 Today, 12:13 AM
Last Post: starsfan33
Question Request for Advice on Selecting a University for My Bachelor's Degree Evoluvin 10 298 Yesterday, 10:56 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Degree planning advice needed, all opinions welcome Lucidus 5 262 09-20-2024, 11:13 AM
Last Post: Lucidus
  Bachelors Degree Planning Guidance intergalacticyam 6 271 09-19-2024, 07:58 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Bachelor Degree Help envirodude 2 213 09-18-2024, 08:36 PM
Last Post: ROYISAGIRL
  UMPI BLS degree planning advice MCMDF79 10 561 09-17-2024, 02:28 PM
Last Post: MCMDF79
  Hello Everyone, How Does My Degree Plan Look? karlvon 4 311 09-14-2024, 10:12 PM
Last Post: karlvon
  recommendation for fastest bachelor degree? BrendaB 4 315 09-13-2024, 08:14 PM
  Degree plan wanted for UK student (CS) FungiTao 1 150 09-13-2024, 07:42 PM