Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Fall 2021 Session 1 -- What is YOURPace?
(09-30-2021, 06:46 PM)Federicojavier Wrote:
(09-30-2021, 06:36 PM)carebear_007 Wrote:
(09-30-2021, 05:27 PM)nmnyc11 Wrote:
(09-25-2021, 08:10 PM)NoStudentNoCry Wrote:
(09-25-2021, 07:41 PM)carebear_007 Wrote: I might've taken too a big of a bite--way more than I can chew. I've been keeping 2 courses in my queue since the start of the session. With us being halfway there I ended up with BUS 415 and BUS 325  Huh Nerves are starting to hit guys!!! I'm surprised I got 325 this session, I was almost sure this won't be till October. I'll take any tips and tricks you guys have, if any, with either of these courses to help me get through.

Didn't know that BUS 325 is being offered this term. Interesting.
I am currently working on BUS 415 final. I'd say the course content is not detailed enough. I've been procrastinating to finish final presentation for a couple of weeks now.
I would recommend you to reach out to professor and schedule a meeting with her so she could help you.
I'm working on the BUS 415 final too. It's my very last class and I've been procrastinating on it as well. It's the only one I had virtually no prior experience with, so I've been struggling too. I agree that the course content isn't really detailed enough to fully prep you for the final project. I think I'm also struggling because I actually worked in that industry (albeit in HR), so I think I'm overthinking it (like what would our executives have wanted to see in a consulting presentation).

(09-25-2021, 06:06 PM)NoStudentNoCry Wrote: I'm (almost) done with requirements for my degree, so asked Jessica to add 11th class to my schedule. For a change, I decided to take UL history class (HTY 371 International Relations and Modern Conflicts).
Man, it's killing me. This class requires A LOT of reading. Almost all sections are incredibly long, like 5-10 times longer than any "big" section of business classes. I don't know if I can do that, it feels like I am going to spend remaining 4 weeks working on that single history class.

Monday is a last day to withdraw with W grade, so I guess I'm going to do that.
I don't know whether you've dropped it yet, but the good thing about that class was that all the milestones can be part of the final project. It was definitely the longest history class I have taken, but there was also overlap with some of his other courses. (It's also required for the international studies minor so I had no choice). Good luck!

I'm now working on the final for 415 and I feel like my thinking is scattered all over the place. The way I'm attacking it is writing the paper first (what I'm going to say) then I plan on putting together my slide show.
That is the way I did it. I wrote a 2 page essay and the divided it into 20 slides.

How long did it take for you to get the response to your draft?
Is this history professor Sebold, by chance? I'm doing HYT301 right now and it's a lot more than I expected, mainly because I know nothing about the topic. I find it quite dry and am struggling to get into it. I just submitted my first milestone and know that the final is also a PowerPoint. If it is Sebold does anyone has any info on how she typically responds to milestones. (As in, asks for changes or just gives feedback for final?)

Is anyone willing to give me a little guidance?

FIrst, is the very last day October 22? And the last day to turn in draft Oct 18?

I'm in my sixth class right now (it's going to take a while, I think...) but I'd love to try to sneak in ONE more! If you have taken BUS260, BUS415, BUS335 or BUS350, what one would you feel comfortable taking late term or absolutely not take late term? These four are session one classes only. I will definitely be taking three sessions, so I'm not terribly concerned, but if I could take one this session one, I'd love it. My three-session plan is six classes a session with one extra, so I'll have to keep this six a session pace up for each. (Fingers crossed!)

OR any Education minors...I still have EDU210, 302, 305, 357, 378 and 376. Those are both sessions, so I could always pick a quicker one of those, too?
(10-02-2021, 09:43 AM)jadkins77 Wrote: Is this history professor Sebold, by chance? I'm doing HYT301 right now and it's a lot more than I expected, mainly because I know nothing about the topic. I find it quite dry and am struggling to get into it. I just submitted my first milestone and know that the final is also a PowerPoint. If it is Sebold does anyone has any info on how she typically responds to milestones. (As in, asks for changes or just gives feedback for final?)

Is anyone willing to give me a little guidance?

FIrst, is the very last day October 22? And the last day to turn in draft Oct 18?

I'm in my sixth class right now (it's going to take a while, I think...) but I'd love to try to sneak in ONE more! If you have taken BUS260, BUS415, BUS335 or BUS350, what one would you feel comfortable taking late term or absolutely not take late term? These four are session one classes only. I will definitely be taking three sessions, so I'm not terribly concerned, but if I could take one this session one, I'd love it. My three-session plan is six classes a session with one extra, so I'll have to keep this six a session pace up for each. (Fingers crossed!)

OR any Education minors...I still have EDU210, 302, 305, 357, 378 and 376. Those are both sessions, so I could always pick a quicker one of those, too?

From the calendar Cody sent out on the first day of classes:

Last Day to Add a Class* Tuesday October 12, 2021
Last Day to Submit Drafts Friday October 15, 2021
Last Day of Classes Friday October 22, 2021

Definitely read the emails Cody sends and keep the ones with dates in them. There is no leeway in the schedule. The next term starts Monday, October 25th.

What degree are you going for? You have history, business, and education classes so it's hard to figure out what courses you need.
Thanks! I forgot Cody sent out those dates and was looking online for it. Appreciate it.

I'm in the LS with educational studies and management minors. The history is just an UP elective.
(10-01-2021, 06:21 PM)carebear_007 Wrote:
(09-30-2021, 06:46 PM)Federicojavier Wrote:
(09-30-2021, 06:36 PM)carebear_007 Wrote:
(09-30-2021, 05:27 PM)nmnyc11 Wrote:
(09-25-2021, 08:10 PM)NoStudentNoCry Wrote: Didn't know that BUS 325 is being offered this term. Interesting.
I am currently working on BUS 415 final. I'd say the course content is not detailed enough. I've been procrastinating to finish final presentation for a couple of weeks now.
I would recommend you to reach out to professor and schedule a meeting with her so she could help you.
I'm working on the BUS 415 final too. It's my very last class and I've been procrastinating on it as well. It's the only one I had virtually no prior experience with, so I've been struggling too. I agree that the course content isn't really detailed enough to fully prep you for the final project. I think I'm also struggling because I actually worked in that industry (albeit in HR), so I think I'm overthinking it (like what would our executives have wanted to see in a consulting presentation).

(09-25-2021, 06:06 PM)NoStudentNoCry Wrote: I'm (almost) done with requirements for my degree, so asked Jessica to add 11th class to my schedule. For a change, I decided to take UL history class (HTY 371 International Relations and Modern Conflicts).
Man, it's killing me. This class requires A LOT of reading. Almost all sections are incredibly long, like 5-10 times longer than any "big" section of business classes. I don't know if I can do that, it feels like I am going to spend remaining 4 weeks working on that single history class.

Monday is a last day to withdraw with W grade, so I guess I'm going to do that.
I don't know whether you've dropped it yet, but the good thing about that class was that all the milestones can be part of the final project. It was definitely the longest history class I have taken, but there was also overlap with some of his other courses. (It's also required for the international studies minor so I had no choice). Good luck!

I'm now working on the final for 415 and I feel like my thinking is scattered all over the place. The way I'm attacking it is writing the paper first (what I'm going to say) then I plan on putting together my slide show.
That is the way I did it. I wrote a 2 page essay and the divided it into 20 slides.

How long did it take for you to get the response to your draft?

I emailed her on the third day and she responded right away apologizing . She told me that she saw the presentation and thought that she sent me the feedback . I received her detailed feedback a day later. so in total it was 4 days
UMPI, Bachelor of Liberal Studies - Managment Minor, 2021
Magna Cum Laude (3.8 GPA)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Federicojavier's post:
  • carebear_007
(10-02-2021, 11:33 AM)jadkins77 Wrote: Thanks! I forgot Cody sent out those dates and was looking online for it. Appreciate it.

I'm in the LS with educational studies and management minors. The history is just an UP elective.

Your advisor should have given you a degree completion worksheet which will show you what you need to complete your BLS and the minors. Most of the business classes do have written Final Assessment not exams. Keep that in mind since the last day to add a class is coming up in less than 2 weeks.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • ashkir
(10-02-2021, 03:37 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(10-02-2021, 11:33 AM)jadkins77 Wrote: Thanks! I forgot Cody sent out those dates and was looking online for it. Appreciate it.

Your advisor should have given you a degree completion worksheet which will show you what you need to complete your BLS and the minors. Most of the business classes do have written Final Assessment not exams. Keep that in mind since the last day to add a class is coming up in less than 2 weeks.
I think I remember you saying here somewhere that it is best not to risk turning in a final without a rough draft, which means the 15th is the deadline.   Any tips on advancing that last week after the 15th if your up to date on final corrections?
Oh I definitely wouldn't risk submitting a paper/project and skipping the rough draft submission. The last week is basically for everyone to fine tune whatever they have left to submit or take an exam. There are few exams. You'd need to add the class with an exam by the 12th though.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • NoStudentNoCry
(10-02-2021, 10:47 AM)ss20ts Wrote: From the calendar Cody sent out on the first day of classes:
Definitely read the emails Cody sends and keep the ones with dates in them. There is no leeway in the schedule. The next term starts Monday, October 25th.

This!!
Cody not just sent important dates on the first day of classes, he also re-sent that info halfway though the session (it was about a week ago). There are for sure a lot of unimportant emails coming from UMPI, but the ones from Cody and Jessica are a must read.
MSML, WGU 2022
BAS, UMPI, 2021
AAS, Pierpont C&TC, 2021

ACE (119): Sophia, 93; TEEX, 5; SDC, 12; ACTFL, 6
RA (50): ASU, 8; ONU, 3; UMPI, 39
NA (16) : UoPeople, 16
Other: ENEB/Isabel I, MBA (2021)
Also dropped a gazillion of classes!!

Family members work on degrees at Ashworth, TESU, Purdue, UMPI, NationsU
I just ended up paying someone to translate a video in Russian so I can finish my LAST milestone for change management.
Dr. Ashkir DHA, MBA, MAOL, PMP, GARA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UMPI YourPace BA History & Political Science - transfer questions. Patchouli_Skoal 7 304 10-17-2024, 09:31 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Summer Session 1 Waiting on Conferral OldLadyScholar 19 1,180 10-13-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: Indieblue
  YourPace Easy Elective Courses? fastest completion Mikeand 20 7,286 09-26-2024, 03:33 AM
Last Post: midnite123
Information UMPI Cost Increase to $1700 Per 8 Week Session Ares 0 379 09-14-2024, 05:54 PM
Last Post: Ares
  UMPI Criminal Justice BA YourPace Program Completed slaterjack 11 1,171 09-09-2024, 08:23 PM
Last Post: slaterjack
  Yourpace 100% refund deadline soulking 1 294 09-05-2024, 06:01 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Fall Enrollment Deadline - Today bjcheung77 8 586 08-29-2024, 11:09 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  UMPI YourPace BABA UnderGrad sunjaroa 1 447 08-21-2024, 09:22 AM
  Need help for UMPI YourPace Admission AnnaVu 6 833 08-16-2024, 11:42 AM
  Seeking Financial Assistance for UMPI YourPace Program emmyakins292 7 730 07-24-2024, 06:31 PM
Last Post: Livia_Drusila