Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Fall 2021 Session 1 -- What is YOURPace?
(09-28-2021, 09:48 AM)ss20ts Wrote:
(09-28-2021, 02:17 AM)Ann7 Wrote: I know the topic is on History, but you also mentioned PowerPoint finals...
I just did  a voiceover PowerPoint for Bus 415  and to submit we need to use something like Google drive which I did but the link has no sound and doesn't do the slide show, but  my original did! Anyone else have this issue? I'm stumped.

I have submitted all of mine through the learning platform. It will accept files up to 10mb.
It officially says 10mb but I successfully uploaded a 22mb ppt for one class (no audio).

And I jinxed myself. HTY 454 Slavery does have a PowerPoint final. At least I have the rest of the term to work on it.
BA History & Political Science - History Concentration - UMPI - 2021
Done- Waiting for degree conferral 

AA Graphic Design - Penn Foster - 2010 
I'm working on accounting minor now and the classes I'm taking have seriously slowed me down.
One class (Intermediate accounting II) it not offered this term, but Jessica asked professor to let me take it - and prof. Emery agreed! So nice of both of them.
MSML, WGU 2022
BAS, UMPI, 2021
AAS, Pierpont C&TC, 2021

ACE (119): Sophia, 93; TEEX, 5; SDC, 12; ACTFL, 6
RA (50): ASU, 8; ONU, 3; UMPI, 39
NA (16) : UoPeople, 16
Other: ENEB/Isabel I, MBA (2021)
Also dropped a gazillion of classes!!

Family members work on degrees at Ashworth, TESU, Purdue, UMPI, NationsU
(09-29-2021, 12:07 AM)TMcClary Wrote:
(09-28-2021, 09:48 AM)ss20ts Wrote:
(09-28-2021, 02:17 AM)Ann7 Wrote: I know the topic is on History, but you also mentioned PowerPoint finals...
I just did  a voiceover PowerPoint for Bus 415  and to submit we need to use something like Google drive which I did but the link has no sound and doesn't do the slide show, but  my original did! Anyone else have this issue? I'm stumped.

I have submitted all of mine through the learning platform. It will accept files up to 10mb.
It officially says 10mb but I successfully uploaded a 22mb ppt for one class (no audio).

And I jinxed myself. HTY 454 Slavery does have a PowerPoint final. At least I have the rest of the term to work on it.
Wow! If only I had known before all that troubleshooting pain....
- 1 20 Slide PowerPoint for Dr. Jenkins.
- 5 Milestones for Dr. Wickramasinghe
- 1 Essay for Dr. Wickramasinghe.
- 1 20 slide PowerPoint for Dr. Wickramasinghe
- 7 milestones for Dr. Biron
- 1 20-30 page final for Dr. Biron

It is the FINAL COUNTDOWN. 22 days left. I got this! 12 Milestones that are all 5 page essay requirements D:.

~92 pages to write
Dr. Ashkir DHA, MBA, MAOL, PMP, GARA
[-] The following 3 users Like ashkir's post:
  • BetaBen, Novo, ss20ts
(09-25-2021, 08:10 PM)NoStudentNoCry Wrote:
(09-25-2021, 07:41 PM)carebear_007 Wrote: I might've taken too a big of a bite--way more than I can chew. I've been keeping 2 courses in my queue since the start of the session. With us being halfway there I ended up with BUS 415 and BUS 325  Huh Nerves are starting to hit guys!!! I'm surprised I got 325 this session, I was almost sure this won't be till October. I'll take any tips and tricks you guys have, if any, with either of these courses to help me get through.

Didn't know that BUS 325 is being offered this term. Interesting.
I am currently working on BUS 415 final. I'd say the course content is not detailed enough. I've been procrastinating to finish final presentation for a couple of weeks now.
I would recommend you to reach out to professor and schedule a meeting with her so she could help you.
I'm working on the BUS 415 final too. It's my very last class and I've been procrastinating on it as well. It's the only one I had virtually no prior experience with, so I've been struggling too. I agree that the course content isn't really detailed enough to fully prep you for the final project. I think I'm also struggling because I actually worked in that industry (albeit in HR), so I think I'm overthinking it (like what would our executives have wanted to see in a consulting presentation).

(09-25-2021, 06:06 PM)NoStudentNoCry Wrote: I'm (almost) done with requirements for my degree, so asked Jessica to add 11th class to my schedule. For a change, I decided to take UL history class (HTY 371 International Relations and Modern Conflicts).
Man, it's killing me. This class requires A LOT of reading. Almost all sections are incredibly long, like 5-10 times longer than any "big" section of business classes. I don't know if I can do that, it feels like I am going to spend remaining 4 weeks working on that single history class.

Monday is a last day to withdraw with W grade, so I guess I'm going to do that.
I don't know whether you've dropped it yet, but the good thing about that class was that all the milestones can be part of the final project. It was definitely the longest history class I have taken, but there was also overlap with some of his other courses. (It's also required for the international studies minor so I had no choice). Good luck!
(09-30-2021, 05:27 PM)nmnyc11 Wrote:
(09-25-2021, 07:41 PM)carebear_007 Wrote: I might've taken too a big of a bite--way more than I can chew. I've been keeping 2 courses in my queue since the start of the session. With us being halfway there I ended up with BUS 415 and BUS 325  Huh Nerves are starting to hit guys!!! I'm surprised I got 325 this session, I was almost sure this won't be till October. I'll take any tips and tricks you guys have, if any, with either of these courses to help me get through.

I am currently working on BUS 415 final. I'd say the course content is not detailed enough. I've been procrastinating to finish final presentation for a couple of weeks now.
I would recommend you to reach out to professor and schedule a meeting with her so she could help you.
I'm working on the BUS 415 final too. It's my very last class and I've been procrastinating on it as well. It's the only one I had virtually no prior experience with, so I've been struggling too. I agree that the course content isn't really detailed enough to fully prep you for the final project. I think I'm also struggling because I actually worked in that industry (albeit in HR), so I think I'm overthinking it (like what would our executives have wanted to see in a consulting presentation).

(09-25-2021, 06:06 PM)NoStudentNoCry Wrote: I'm (almost) done with requirements for my degree, so asked Jessica to add 11th class to my schedule. For a change, I decided to take UL history class (HTY 371 International Relations and Modern Conflicts).
Man, it's killing me. This class requires A LOT of reading. Almost all sections are incredibly long, like 5-10 times longer than any "big" section of business classes. I don't know if I can do that, it feels like I am going to spend remaining 4 weeks working on that single history class.

I don't know whether you've dropped it yet, but the good thing about that class was that all the milestones can be part of the final project. It was definitely the longest history class I have taken, but there was also overlap with some of his other courses. (It's also required for the international studies minor so I had no choice). Good luck!

I'm now working on the final for 415 and I feel like my thinking is scattered all over the place. The way I'm attacking it is writing the paper first (what I'm going to say) then I plan on putting together my slide show.
(09-30-2021, 06:36 PM)carebear_007 Wrote:

I'm now working on the final for 415 and I feel like my thinking is scattered all over the place. The way I'm attacking it is writing the paper first (what I'm going to say) then I plan on putting together my slide show.
That is the way I did it. I wrote a 2 page essay and the divided it into 20 slides.
UMPI, Bachelor of Liberal Studies - Managment Minor, 2021
Magna Cum Laude (3.8 GPA)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Federicojavier's post:
  • carebear_007
(09-30-2021, 06:46 PM)Federicojavier Wrote:

That is the way I did it. I wrote a 2 page essay and the divided it into 20 slides.
That is exactly how I felt with this class! I really struggled and it took me a long time! I am anxious / nervous to see how I did. I approached it the same way. I wrote my essay out first and then made the slides.
(10-01-2021, 01:19 AM)Ann7 Wrote:
(09-30-2021, 06:46 PM)Federicojavier Wrote:
(09-25-2021, 08:10 PM)NoStudentNoCry Wrote: Didn't know that BUS 325 is being offered this term. Interesting.

That is exactly how I felt with this class! I really struggled and it took me a long time! I am anxious / nervous to see how I did. I approached it the same way. I wrote my essay out first and then made the slides.
Exact same way how I approached it. I Aced it.
Dr. Ashkir DHA, MBA, MAOL, PMP, GARA
Lol, thank you guys! I wrote my paper/script first too. I definitely feel like I'm overthinking it now. I'm at about 7 pages and have 2 things on my outline that I didn't write yet. I aced everything else, so I'll be gutted if I do badly on my last class. I think I can stop freaking out & cut it down now. Thanks again and good luck everyone!
[-] The following 1 user Likes nmnyc11's post:
  • BetaBen

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UMPI YourPace BA History & Political Science - transfer questions. Patchouli_Skoal 7 299 10-17-2024, 09:31 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Summer Session 1 Waiting on Conferral OldLadyScholar 19 1,180 10-13-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: Indieblue
  YourPace Easy Elective Courses? fastest completion Mikeand 20 7,280 09-26-2024, 03:33 AM
Last Post: midnite123
Information UMPI Cost Increase to $1700 Per 8 Week Session Ares 0 379 09-14-2024, 05:54 PM
Last Post: Ares
  UMPI Criminal Justice BA YourPace Program Completed slaterjack 11 1,171 09-09-2024, 08:23 PM
Last Post: slaterjack
  Yourpace 100% refund deadline soulking 1 294 09-05-2024, 06:01 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Fall Enrollment Deadline - Today bjcheung77 8 574 08-29-2024, 11:09 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  UMPI YourPace BABA UnderGrad sunjaroa 1 437 08-21-2024, 09:22 AM
  Need help for UMPI YourPace Admission AnnaVu 6 813 08-16-2024, 11:42 AM
  Seeking Financial Assistance for UMPI YourPace Program emmyakins292 7 717 07-24-2024, 06:31 PM
Last Post: Livia_Drusila