Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Govt. Update on Masks

Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
(09-29-2021, 11:19 AM)LevelUP Wrote:

Haha, I love poorly written laws. 18©(1) of the statute she cites makes cutting a child illegal. There is no medical exception in the section, so, best I can tell, doing surgery on anyone under the age of 18 is illegal in Minnesota. 

Also, she isn’t brave. She is brainwashed. When I was 9 I could also parrot the stupid ideas that my parents had. People said I was smart and precocious. I wasn’t. I was a stupid child. She is a child who doesn’t understand biology or politics.  

And let’s be real, wearing a mask is not child abuse. When people argue things like that, it just makes them look ignorant. Now, killing students and teachers because you ban masks in schools, as has happened, is wrong. It is morally reprehensible. If you don’t want to have your child wear masks in school, homeschool them. OR get vaccinated, vaccinate your children at the first available opportunity, and help being part of the solution and stop being part of the problem. 

I know, I know, LevelUP, you are going to post the same drivel about natural immunity and antibodies. I get it. We all get it. You think the government is bad and trying to kill you and your children. You think the Chinese created this disease and let it go in the world. You think that doctors fighting Covid are bad and that people who stormed the Capitol so that they could murder Nancy Pelosi and Mike Pence and make Donald Trump a dictator were “tourists” and were good. You think that states like California and New York that subsidize red states with their exports of federal tax dollars are bad and that the red states that rely on federal subsidies to not go bankrupt are good and responsible. We get it. You have made your points. Over. And over. And over again. This is supposed to be a forum about education. Can we sort of, kind of stick mostly to that?
Master of Accountancy (taxation concentration), University of Texas Rio Grande Valley, in progress. 
Master of Business Administration (financial planning specialization), University of Texas Rio Grande Valley, in progress.

BA, UMPI.  Accounting major; Business Administration major/Management & Leadership concentration.  Awarded Dec. 2021.

In-person/B&M: BA (history, archaeology)
In-person/B&M: MA (American history)

Sophia: 15 courses (42hrs)
[-] The following 4 users Like freeloader's post:
  • Flelm, jch, jsd, mojave
(09-29-2021, 11:53 AM)freeloader Wrote: Haha, I love poorly written laws. 18©(1) of the statute she cites makes cutting a child illegal. There is no medical exception in the section, so, best I can tell, doing surgery on anyone under the age of 18 is illegal in Minnesota. 

Also, she isn’t brave. She is brainwashed. When I was 9 I could also parrot the stupid ideas that my parents had. People said I was smart and precocious. I wasn’t. I was a stupid child. She is a child who doesn’t understand biology or politics.  

And let’s be real, wearing a mask is not child abuse. When people argue things like that, it just makes them look ignorant. Now, killing students and teachers because you ban masks in schools, as has happened, is wrong. It is morally reprehensible. If you don’t want to have your child wear masks in school, homeschool them. OR get vaccinated, vaccinate your children at the first available opportunity, and help being part of the solution and stop being part of the problem. 

I know, I know, LevelUP, you are going to post the same drivel about natural immunity and antibodies. I get it. We all get it. You think the government is bad and trying to kill you and your children. You think the Chinese created this disease and let it go in the world. You think that doctors fighting Covid are bad and that people who stormed the Capitol so that they could murder Nancy Pelosi and Mike Pence and make Donald Trump a dictator were “tourists” and were good. You think that states like California and New York that subsidize red states with their exports of federal tax dollars are bad and that the red states that rely on federal subsidies to not go bankrupt are good and responsible. We get it. You have made your points. Over. And over. And over again. This is supposed to be a forum about education. Can we sort of, kind of stick mostly to that?

You missing one key point.  Why can't all of you wear your masks and leave the rest of us alone???
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
Because "the rest of you" who refuse to take any precautions at all are actively killing those of us who favor masks and/or vaccines. Also, you started this thread, so...
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 3 users Like rachel83az's post:
  • ashkir, jch, jsd
(09-29-2021, 12:04 PM)LevelUP Wrote:
(09-29-2021, 11:53 AM)freeloader Wrote: Haha, I love poorly written laws. 18©(1) of the statute she cites makes cutting a child illegal. There is no medical exception in the section, so, best I can tell, doing surgery on anyone under the age of 18 is illegal in Minnesota. 

You missing one key point.  Why can't all of you wear your masks and leave the rest of us alone???
If only you had asked that yesterday, and if I only responded to it. Oh wait?!?  That happened! And you ignored every point that I made and your one response was to take something that I said radically out of context.  Better to ignore a response, create a new thread, and post more inflammatory drivel rather than actually debating a point, right LevelUP?
Master of Accountancy (taxation concentration), University of Texas Rio Grande Valley, in progress. 
Master of Business Administration (financial planning specialization), University of Texas Rio Grande Valley, in progress.

BA, UMPI.  Accounting major; Business Administration major/Management & Leadership concentration.  Awarded Dec. 2021.

Poor kid. It's so heartbreaking when people exploit kids for political stunts like this, conservative or liberal.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!

Gonna step out on a limb here and make a guess that you oppose abortion rights. If that’s true, why can’t you (if appropriate biologically) not get abortions and leave the rest of the people alone who might want one?

And don’t say that all life is sacred. You are perfectly happy to sacrifice my life so that you don’t have to wear a mask. And don’t say that you have to protect the lives of those who can’t speak for themselves. There have been babies and others who can’t speak for themselves seriously harmed and killed by Covid. Again, you are perfectly happy to sacrifice them so that you don’t have to wear a mask. And don’t say that you don’t want your tax money to support it. You are perfectly happy to drive up Medicare costs by putting more older people in hospitals with Covid because you don’t want to wear a mask. And don’t say it’s because of your morality.  You are perfectly happy to ignore the second half of the greatest commandment(s) because you are too selfish or vain to think of anybody besides yourself.

[-] The following 1 user Likes freeloader's post:
  • jsd

I think LevelUp has it backwards.  When I see vids of confrontations (YouTube, TikTok, etc.) what I see is maskless people refusing to comply with the rules set by local businesses, trying to force their way into stores and restaurants without following mask mandates.  I don't see maskless people quietly going about their business and not bothering anyone.  I see people trying to provoke trouble.  Your posting of this thread is a minor example.  For a lot of people, and perhaps this includes LevelUp, the issue is not really about health.  They can not argue in any convincing fashion about why vaccines and masks are bad.  They throw out a series of bad arguments that are not supported by facts because the real reason they're against these common-sense safeguards is "You can't tell me what to do."  It's one of the reasons you here so much talk about "freedom," because they simply don't like the idea that someone, anyone, might give them an order.  "I'm going to do what ever I want because this is 'murica and it says so in the constitution (which it doesn't actually say, of course.)
https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2...ive-510204
[-] The following 2 users Like Alpha's post:
  • jch, jsd
(09-29-2021, 11:53 AM)freeloader Wrote: Also, she isn’t brave. She is brainwashed. When I was 9 I could also parrot the stupid ideas that my parents had. People said I was smart and precocious. I wasn’t. I was a stupid child. She is a child.

(09-29-2021, 12:21 PM)jsd Wrote: Poor kid. It's so heartbreaking when people exploit kids for political stunts like this, conservative or liberal.

So kids can't have their own thoughts and feelings? So following your logic, a kid can't be transgender because they would have only gotten that idea from their parents or outside influences?
(09-29-2021, 12:20 PM)freeloader Wrote: If only you had asked that yesterday, and if I only responded to it. Oh wait?!?  That happened! And you ignored every point that I made and your one response was to take something that I said radically out of context.  Better to ignore a response, create a new thread, and post more inflammatory drivel rather than actually debating a point, right LevelUP?

This is a common tactic of theirs. Just look at the California election thread, and you'll see their reasoned and well-researched responses to me. EDIT: And it's why I put them on ignore, along with a few other members of this community.
In Progress: MBA - HAUniv, Anticipated 2024
Completed: BSBA OpMgmt - TESU June 2021

UG - AP Tests: 20 credits | APICS: 12 Credits | CLEP: 6 credits | Saylor Academy: 6 credits | Sophia.org: 27 credits | Study.com: 12 credits | Davar Academy: 3 credits | TESU: 15 credits | Other College: 99.5 credits
GR - HAUniv: 9 credits
[-] The following 1 user Likes Flelm's post:
  • jsd

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Happy Mother's Day! Life is Good! Vanity Update Charles Fout 4 840 10-14-2023, 02:17 PM
Last Post: Charles Fout
  Covid Update Alpha 24 2,949 02-02-2022, 11:13 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Update! dewisant 3 1,256 01-07-2019, 03:21 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  Just a quick update on the Rebel... rebel100 8 1,944 03-01-2018, 09:45 AM
Last Post: rebel100
  update forum software to vbulletin v4.2.1 BrandeX 0 1,716 05-09-2017, 09:02 PM
Last Post: BrandeX
  MBA Update burbuja0512 10 1,750 04-12-2013, 05:42 PM
Last Post: burbuja0512
  MBA Update burbuja0512 8 1,606 07-16-2012, 08:11 PM
Last Post: LaterBloomer
  Update on my MBA progress ryoder 13 2,372 10-18-2011, 06:46 PM
Last Post: ryoder
  Progress Update Lydia 8 1,847 08-21-2008, 04:06 PM
Last Post: Cameron16
  Quick update barbara2bba 2 1,386 05-24-2008, 08:43 PM
Last Post: OnMyWay