Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Fall 2021 Session 1 -- What is YOURPace?
I'm in a class (EDU153) that the final has three parts: 1.5 page, 3 page and 8 page papers. I got the first two done and a good start on the third, but I paused to tackle BUS 330 (my first test class). I love knowing right away how I did. (94% Yay!) If that's on your list, it's a quick one!
The capstone has so many mistakes in it, so many logos for Brandman, requests for access to Chapman Libraries or Brandman Libraries back and forth.

I messaged the director of Yourpace about all these errors and I said "I don't feel like anyone checked these to ensure they're suited for UMPI".

YourPace's Director response: many students have taken this course and you're the only one having problems.

The professor of the course: You're the first student to take this course, thank you for letting me know.

I messaged someone on LinkedIn who's doing the capstone too. The milestones are IDENTICAL in text too.
Dr. Ashkir DHA, MBA, MAOL, PMP, GARA
[-] The following 3 users Like ashkir's post:
  • jch, Novo, rachel83az
I'm (almost) done with requirements for my degree, so asked Jessica to add 11th class to my schedule. For a change, I decided to take UL history class (HTY 371 International Relations and Modern Conflicts).
Man, it's killing me. This class requires A LOT of reading. Almost all sections are incredibly long, like 5-10 times longer than any "big" section of business classes. I don't know if I can do that, it feels like I am going to spend remaining 4 weeks working on that single history class.

Monday is a last day to withdraw with W grade, so I guess I'm going to do that.
MSML, WGU 2022
BAS, UMPI, 2021
AAS, Pierpont C&TC, 2021

ACE (119): Sophia, 93; TEEX, 5; SDC, 12; ACTFL, 6
RA (50): ASU, 8; ONU, 3; UMPI, 39
NA (16) : UoPeople, 16
Other: ENEB/Isabel I, MBA (2021)
Also dropped a gazillion of classes!!

Family members work on degrees at Ashworth, TESU, Purdue, UMPI, NationsU
I might've taken too a big of a bite--way more than I can chew. I've been keeping 2 courses in my queue since the start of the session. With us being halfway there I ended up with BUS 415 and BUS 325  Huh Nerves are starting to hit guys!!! I'm surprised I got 325 this session, I was almost sure this won't be till October. I'll take any tips and tricks you guys have, if any, with either of these courses to help me get through.

(09-25-2021, 03:54 PM)ashkir Wrote: The capstone has so many mistakes in it, so many logos for Brandman, requests for access to Chapman Libraries or Brandman Libraries back and forth.

I messaged the director of Yourpace about all these errors and I said "I don't feel like anyone checked these to ensure they're suited for UMPI".

YourPace's Director response: many students have taken this course and you're the only one having problems.

The professor of the course: You're the first student to take this course, thank you for letting me know.

I messaged someone on LinkedIn who's doing the capstone too. The milestones are IDENTICAL in text too.

The Director's response is annoying! I hope student support isn't heading downhill and this school won't end up being "you get what you pay for" kind of deal. I've always heard good things about UMPI but since I've started this session, I've had 3 professors so far that I feel could've provided better guidance.
(09-25-2021, 07:41 PM)carebear_007 Wrote: I might've taken too a big of a bite--way more than I can chew. I've been keeping 2 courses in my queue since the start of the session. With us being halfway there I ended up with BUS 415 and BUS 325  Huh Nerves are starting to hit guys!!! I'm surprised I got 325 this session, I was almost sure this won't be till October. I'll take any tips and tricks you guys have, if any, with either of these courses to help me get through.

Didn't know that BUS 325 is being offered this term. Interesting.
I am currently working on BUS 415 final. I'd say the course content is not detailed enough. I've been procrastinating to finish final presentation for a couple of weeks now.
I would recommend you to reach out to professor and schedule a meeting with her so she could help you.
MSML, WGU 2022
BAS, UMPI, 2021
AAS, Pierpont C&TC, 2021

ACE (119): Sophia, 93; TEEX, 5; SDC, 12; ACTFL, 6
RA (50): ASU, 8; ONU, 3; UMPI, 39
NA (16) : UoPeople, 16
Other: ENEB/Isabel I, MBA (2021)
Also dropped a gazillion of classes!!

Family members work on degrees at Ashworth, TESU, Purdue, UMPI, NationsU
(09-25-2021, 07:41 PM)carebear_007 Wrote: I might've taken too a big of a bite--way more than I can chew. I've been keeping 2 courses in my queue since the start of the session. With us being halfway there I ended up with BUS 415 and BUS 325  Huh Nerves are starting to hit guys!!! I'm surprised I got 325 this session, I was almost sure this won't be till October. I'll take any tips and tricks you guys have, if any, with either of these courses to help me get through.

(09-25-2021, 03:54 PM)ashkir Wrote: The capstone has so many mistakes in it, so many logos for Brandman, requests for access to Chapman Libraries or Brandman Libraries back and forth.

The Director's response is annoying! I hope student support isn't heading downhill and this school won't end up being "you get what you pay for" kind of deal. I've always heard good things about UMPI but since I've started this session, I've had 3 professors so far that I feel could've provided better guidance.
YourPace has grown rapidly and I feel like the current interim director is a bit out of her league, she's pretty awesome and on point. But, I feel like she's lifting way more than her fair share of the weight. I'm actually super annoyed with how bad this MAOL is.
(09-25-2021, 06:06 PM)NoStudentNoCry Wrote: I'm (almost) done with requirements for my degree, so asked Jessica to add 11th class to my schedule. For a change, I decided to take UL history class (HTY 371 International Relations and Modern Conflicts).
Man, it's killing me. This class requires A LOT of reading. Almost all sections are incredibly long, like 5-10 times longer than any "big" section of business classes. I don't know if I can do that, it feels like I am going to spend remaining 4 weeks working on that single history class.

I'm currently taking that class. There is a LOT of reading with each milestone at 700 words it is a difficult class. I am just about finished with it to complete my history minor. The UL history classes can be big courses.
Pierpont BOG AAS - 2021
UMPI Bachelor Of Liberal Studies - Management Minor, History Minor
UMPI Alumni - 2021 Magna Cum Laude
I finished HTY 456 Films of the Cold War. I really enjoyed it. Lots of movies/video to watch, of course, which took a lot of hours. My husband and I watched most of the movies together in the evening. I just turned in the last milestone for HTY 377 Modern China. This one was longer than the other UL history so far, but I also learned so much from it. I will write the final essay tomorrow. I also added HTY 454 Vietnam Wars. This one looks pretty short but I am pretty familiar with the topic already so that helps. My plan was to stop at 6 for this term, but I will probably do my last UL history class this term so I can take Slavery In The US, which will make seven classes term 1 and leave 3 for term 2. I want to give myself plenty of time for Spanish 102 next term so I am fine with the light load.
BA History & Political Science - History Concentration - UMPI - 2021
Done- Waiting for degree conferral 

AA Graphic Design - Penn Foster - 2010 
(09-25-2021, 08:58 PM)cpoteraske Wrote:
(09-25-2021, 06:06 PM)NoStudentNoCry Wrote: I'm (almost) done with requirements for my degree, so asked Jessica to add 11th class to my schedule. For a change, I decided to take UL history class (HTY 371 International Relations and Modern Conflicts).

I'm currently taking that class. There is a LOT of reading with each milestone at 700 words it is a difficult class. I am just about finished with it to complete my history minor. The UL history classes can be big courses.

What I'd give for those milestones :O I was thinking of doing History one of these days! Thanks for sharing!
[-] The following 1 user Likes ashkir's post:
  • cpoteraske
While the topic is on history classes, has anyone taken HTY315 or HYT301? Thoughts on those two?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UMPI YourPace BA History & Political Science - transfer questions. Patchouli_Skoal 7 300 10-17-2024, 09:31 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Summer Session 1 Waiting on Conferral OldLadyScholar 19 1,180 10-13-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: Indieblue
  YourPace Easy Elective Courses? fastest completion Mikeand 20 7,281 09-26-2024, 03:33 AM
Last Post: midnite123
Information UMPI Cost Increase to $1700 Per 8 Week Session Ares 0 379 09-14-2024, 05:54 PM
Last Post: Ares
  UMPI Criminal Justice BA YourPace Program Completed slaterjack 11 1,171 09-09-2024, 08:23 PM
Last Post: slaterjack
  Yourpace 100% refund deadline soulking 1 294 09-05-2024, 06:01 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Fall Enrollment Deadline - Today bjcheung77 8 574 08-29-2024, 11:09 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  UMPI YourPace BABA UnderGrad sunjaroa 1 437 08-21-2024, 09:22 AM
  Need help for UMPI YourPace Admission AnnaVu 6 813 08-16-2024, 11:42 AM
  Seeking Financial Assistance for UMPI YourPace Program emmyakins292 7 720 07-24-2024, 06:31 PM
Last Post: Livia_Drusila