Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Fall 2021 Session 1 -- What is YOURPace?
I'm 99% Sure I'll be submitting my final this weekend for OLS Change Management. I just had them add Conflict to my courses, and Conflict is my last one before my capstone.

omg it's almost done
Dr. Ashkir DHA, MBA, MAOL, PMP, GARA
[-] The following 3 users Like ashkir's post:
  • carebear_007, Novo, ss20ts
(09-09-2021, 12:54 AM)I did,ashkir Wrote:
(09-08-2021, 09:47 PM)sksandorff90 Wrote: I just submitted my drafts for my final written and oral assessments for French 101. If you have any familiarity with the language, I think this competency is very easy. I took French for 2 years in high school, but haven't really used it since. I think it would have been more difficult if I wasn't familiar with French, or learning foreign languages.

i was waived from the oral part. But, I took 2 years of French in high school too. It felt like a refresher. Do you have Madame Mendes for this class? I did and I really liked her.

I do have Madame Mendes, and I also really like her!
(09-06-2021, 11:46 AM)sksandorff90 Wrote:
(09-06-2021, 09:20 AM)jadkins77 Wrote:
(09-05-2021, 08:28 PM)sksandorff90 Wrote:
(09-04-2021, 04:57 PM)jadkins77 Wrote: I’m about to submit my third milestone for Creative Writing and the professor is super. Fun class! I’m also taking PJC180 and it is making me rethink my English major. ? Has anyone taken that class? Seems pretty impossible to get passed through milestones.

I took PCJ 180 last session. It was my second class, taken along with a science class. Personally, I find PCJ extremely difficult. I ended up withdrawing because I wouldn't be able to finish it in time and picked it back up this term. If you withdraw from a class, you pick it up where you left off when you re-enroll. Last session I got through the first two milestones, and the first of three film critiques before withdrawing. It would take multiple days and drafts for something to be approved before I could move on. I had submitted the first two milestones (aka the first 4 articles) at the same time and was told by the professor not to do that, which I think seriously slowed me down. I also question my choice of major because of this class.
I am on my fourth revised draft (some complete rewrites) for milestone 1 and 2 (as you noted, four articles) and the feedback is so vague. Know your audience, jo/joe schmo, two sources in each, you don’t need sources in each, at least two quotes, please remove quotes. I made the decision this weekend to withdraw even though I have also written two of the film critique pieces. 

I see this professor teaches six of my remaining classes. I am meeting with Jessica to talk about a program switch even though I have been in communications for more than 15 years and thought these classes would be my easy ones. If you haven’t taken Creative Writing yet, it’s been a day and night difference. I wish you the best of luck! Keep me updated if you make it through…or switch!

It's actually comforting to know that I'm not alone in my frustrations with the class. The reading level is the most difficult part for me. A fourth to sixth-grade reading level is what I was told to aim for, but quotes and the subject matter raise the level. Whenever I ask for clarification on feedback, it feels like the same regurgitated comments that I'm getting on everything, and after my fourth or fifth drafts, she goes ahead and edits the whole thing anyway. It can also take her a few days to read my submissions, so I feel I have a lot of idle time waiting to submit things. It makes me worry that I won't pass regardless of what I do.

I'd love to know how your meeting with Jessica goes because I am seriously considering having one as well. I'm enrolled in Creative Writing next session, but I'm about to complete French 101 this week. If I can get a little further in PCJ, I'm going to try to go ahead and take it.

After much thought and sketching things out, I made the decision to switch to BLS Educational Studies and likely the Management minor as well. That's the new goal at least! I'll be happy with just the ES minor, but seeing you have to take eight upper level classes anyway, it only takes two extra lower level classes to get both minors! I'm wrapping up my remaining two Gen Eds this week and will start with the required minor classes next week! Let me know what questions you have!
Is there an easier way to access the UMPI library system online for academic journal articles. As of now I just do a google search for ebscohost & umpi.

Also, has anyone completed or in the process of completing the Change Management competency. I am at the first milestone, and it is saying "Please complete the personalized lesson above." I am not seeing anything like that, unless they mean the learning journal and discussion posts.
(09-09-2021, 04:22 PM)odie313 Wrote: Is there an easier way to access the UMPI library system online for academic journal articles. As of now I just do a google search for ebscohost & umpi.

Also, has anyone completed or in the process of completing the Change Management competency. I am at the first milestone, and it is saying "Please complete the personalized lesson above." I am not seeing anything like that, unless they mean the learning journal and discussion posts.

I usually just search on Google Scholar to find articles and log in with UMPI on the journal websites.

Just completed Change Management this weekend. It must be referring to the milestone question below because I answered the milestone as I normally would and moved on with no issue. It says that on a lot of milestones I have worked on. Hope that helps!
UMPI YourPace: BA Business Administration in Management and Leadership with a Minor in Management Information Systems. Completed: October 2021

[-] The following 1 user Likes BetaBen's post:
  • Novo
(09-09-2021, 04:22 PM)odie313 Wrote: Is there an easier way to access the UMPI library system online for academic journal articles. As of now I just do a google search for ebscohost & umpi.

Here you go:

https://libraries.maine.edu/auth/auth.asp

Questions like these are perfect for Cody! He has lists of valuable resources available to students.
[-] The following 2 users Like ss20ts's post:
  • BetaBen, Novo
(09-09-2021, 01:16 PM)jadkins77 Wrote:
(09-06-2021, 11:46 AM)sksandorff90 Wrote:
(09-06-2021, 09:20 AM)jadkins77 Wrote:
(09-05-2021, 08:28 PM)sksandorff90 Wrote:
(09-04-2021, 04:57 PM)jadkins77 Wrote: I’m about to submit my third milestone for Creative Writing and the professor is super. Fun class! I’m also taking PJC180 and it is making me rethink my English major. ? Has anyone taken that class? Seems pretty impossible to get passed through milestones.

I took PCJ 180 last session. It was my second class, taken along with a science class. Personally, I find PCJ extremely difficult. I ended up withdrawing because I wouldn't be able to finish it in time and picked it back up this term. If you withdraw from a class, you pick it up where you left off when you re-enroll. Last session I got through the first two milestones, and the first of three film critiques before withdrawing. It would take multiple days and drafts for something to be approved before I could move on. I had submitted the first two milestones (aka the first 4 articles) at the same time and was told by the professor not to do that, which I think seriously slowed me down. I also question my choice of major because of this class.
I am on my fourth revised draft (some complete rewrites) for milestone 1 and 2 (as you noted, four articles) and the feedback is so vague. Know your audience, jo/joe schmo, two sources in each, you don’t need sources in each, at least two quotes, please remove quotes. I made the decision this weekend to withdraw even though I have also written two of the film critique pieces. 

I see this professor teaches six of my remaining classes. I am meeting with Jessica to talk about a program switch even though I have been in communications for more than 15 years and thought these classes would be my easy ones. If you haven’t taken Creative Writing yet, it’s been a day and night difference. I wish you the best of luck! Keep me updated if you make it through…or switch!

It's actually comforting to know that I'm not alone in my frustrations with the class. The reading level is the most difficult part for me. A fourth to sixth-grade reading level is what I was told to aim for, but quotes and the subject matter raise the level. Whenever I ask for clarification on feedback, it feels like the same regurgitated comments that I'm getting on everything, and after my fourth or fifth drafts, she goes ahead and edits the whole thing anyway. It can also take her a few days to read my submissions, so I feel I have a lot of idle time waiting to submit things. It makes me worry that I won't pass regardless of what I do.

I'd love to know how your meeting with Jessica goes because I am seriously considering having one as well. I'm enrolled in Creative Writing next session, but I'm about to complete French 101 this week. If I can get a little further in PCJ, I'm going to try to go ahead and take it.

After much thought and sketching things out, I made the decision to switch to BLS Educational Studies and likely the Management minor as well. That's the new goal at least! I'll be happy with just the ES minor, but seeing you have to take eight upper level classes anyway, it only takes two extra lower level classes to get both minors! I'm wrapping up my remaining two Gen Eds this week and will start with the required minor classes next week! Let me know what questions you have!
I sent you a PM the other day but it didn't go through!   I am doing the BLS with management minor and if possible will add the education minor also!
I turned in my final draft for POS 211 this afternoon. That was an interesting but quick class. Two classes down eight to go. I should finish HTY 313 over the weekend and be ready to turn in the final draft sometime on Monday. HTY 456 should be unlocked in the morning.
BA History & Political Science - History Concentration - UMPI - 2021
Done- Waiting for degree conferral 

AA Graphic Design - Penn Foster - 2010 
[-] The following 1 user Likes TMcClary's post:
  • ss20ts
(09-09-2021, 09:56 PM)TMcClary Wrote: I turned in my final draft for POS 211 this afternoon. That was an interesting but quick class. Two classes down eight to go. I should finish HTY 313 over the weekend and be ready to turn in the final draft sometime on Monday. HTY 456 should be unlocked in the morning.
Wow you are sailing!
(09-09-2021, 10:21 PM)Ann7 Wrote:
(09-09-2021, 09:56 PM)TMcClary Wrote: I turned in my final draft for POS 211 this afternoon. That was an interesting but quick class. Two classes down eight to go. I should finish HTY 313 over the weekend and be ready to turn in the final draft sometime on Monday. HTY 456 should be unlocked in the morning.
Wow you are sailing!

I am determined to finish in two terms!
BA History & Political Science - History Concentration - UMPI - 2021
Done- Waiting for degree conferral 

AA Graphic Design - Penn Foster - 2010 
[-] The following 1 user Likes TMcClary's post:
  • BetaBen

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UMPI YourPace BA History & Political Science - transfer questions. Patchouli_Skoal 7 303 10-17-2024, 09:31 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Summer Session 1 Waiting on Conferral OldLadyScholar 19 1,180 10-13-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: Indieblue
  YourPace Easy Elective Courses? fastest completion Mikeand 20 7,286 09-26-2024, 03:33 AM
Last Post: midnite123
Information UMPI Cost Increase to $1700 Per 8 Week Session Ares 0 379 09-14-2024, 05:54 PM
Last Post: Ares
  UMPI Criminal Justice BA YourPace Program Completed slaterjack 11 1,171 09-09-2024, 08:23 PM
Last Post: slaterjack
  Yourpace 100% refund deadline soulking 1 294 09-05-2024, 06:01 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Fall Enrollment Deadline - Today bjcheung77 8 586 08-29-2024, 11:09 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  UMPI YourPace BABA UnderGrad sunjaroa 1 445 08-21-2024, 09:22 AM
  Need help for UMPI YourPace Admission AnnaVu 6 833 08-16-2024, 11:42 AM
  Seeking Financial Assistance for UMPI YourPace Program emmyakins292 7 728 07-24-2024, 06:31 PM
Last Post: Livia_Drusila