Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Fall 2021 Session 1 -- What is YOURPace?
(09-03-2021, 01:25 AM)Ann7 Wrote: Is the final assessment posted that way also?  

No, you'll need to submit properly formatted document.
MSML, WGU 2022
BAS, UMPI, 2021
AAS, Pierpont C&TC, 2021

ACE (119): Sophia, 93; TEEX, 5; SDC, 12; ACTFL, 6
RA (50): ASU, 8; ONU, 3; UMPI, 39
NA (16) : UoPeople, 16
Other: ENEB/Isabel I, MBA (2021)
Also dropped a gazillion of classes!!

Family members work on degrees at Ashworth, TESU, Purdue, UMPI, NationsU
(09-02-2021, 07:20 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(09-02-2021, 03:47 PM)odie313 Wrote: Just starting at UMPI.  Starting with Change Management and Information Literacy Level A competencies.

Is the Information Literacy Level B competency a continuation of level A.

Don't go by the names of the courses on Strut. Go by the course names on your schedule on MaineStreet. Don't worry about the course names on Strut. They're pretty meaningless. Are you taking English Comp 2?

Yes, I am.
(09-03-2021, 01:25 AM)Ann7 Wrote:
(09-03-2021, 12:55 AM)ashkir Wrote:
(09-03-2021, 12:46 AM)Ann7 Wrote: That is amazingly fast!  I am just now starting my first milestone, but it has been a busy week outside of studying..

Ok. I am not techy at all and am wondering how you post the milestones....  Is it like submitting a Sophia touchstone ?   This assignment is asking for a page or less response with reference to the material which can be with quotes or whatever.  I think it says discussion for teacher and his name faintly in the box. Are these only seen by the teacher ( so I would need to have name, course , title , date and double space etc.)  or is it like a discussion board post?

Please help!

For must undergrad classes, you just put your response in the text box. I would type it in Word, then paste it in.

FYI As a YourPAce student you get Microsoft Office 365 for free, for life!
Thanks so much for the response!!
Do you know if they are like discussion posts then or formal papers?  

Is the final assessment posted that way also? 

That's awesome to get Microsoft Office free for life!
For milestones most undergrad are closer to discussion posts. But, in the graduate it's formal with an essay required for almost each one. 

Final assessment is typically a formal essay, powerpoint, or an exam.
Dr. Ashkir DHA, MBA, MAOL, PMP, GARA
(09-03-2021, 01:31 AM)NoStudentNoCry Wrote:
(09-03-2021, 01:25 AM)Ann7 Wrote: Is the final assessment posted that way also?  

No, you'll need to submit properly formatted document.
Thank you!!
(09-03-2021, 09:17 AM)odie313 Wrote:
(09-02-2021, 03:47 PM)odie313 Wrote: Just starting at UMPI.  Starting with Change Management and Information Literacy Level A competencies.

Don't go by the names of the courses on Strut. Go by the course names on your schedule on MaineStreet. Don't worry about the course names on Strut. They're pretty meaningless. Are you taking English Comp 2?

Yes, I am.

I have the same courses as you. I'm not feeling very confident about Information Literacy because of the instructor switch. I wasn't really familiar with the first instructor but this current one seems to be confused. I've emailed her several times and she's telling me that I'm confused about the final until I sent the instructions to her. Only then did she discuss that she's just inherited this course and they may need some edits. Some milestones were affirmed and some were not with no comments. I'm just really disappointed that this is my first experience with a course. How's your experience so far?
(09-03-2021, 09:42 AM)ashkir Wrote:
(09-03-2021, 01:25 AM)Ann7 Wrote:
(09-03-2021, 12:55 AM)ashkir Wrote:
(09-03-2021, 12:46 AM)Ann7 Wrote: That is amazingly fast!  I am just now starting my first milestone, but it has been a busy week outside of studying..

Ok. I am not techy at all and am wondering how you post the milestones....  Is it like submitting a Sophia touchstone ?   This assignment is asking for a page or less response with reference to the material which can be with quotes or whatever.  I think it says discussion for teacher and his name faintly in the box. Are these only seen by the teacher ( so I would need to have name, course , title , date and double space etc.)  or is it like a discussion board post?

Please help!

For must undergrad classes, you just put your response in the text box. I would type it in Word, then paste it in.

FYI As a YourPAce student you get Microsoft Office 365 for free, for life!
Thanks so much for the response!!

For milestones most undergrad are closer to discussion posts. But, in the graduate it's formal with an essay required for almost each one. 

Final assessment is typically a formal essay, powerpoint, or an exam.
Thank you for your input!!  
Yes your graduate experience has been quite intense!!!
(09-03-2021, 01:25 AM)Ann7 Wrote: Thanks so much for the response!!

The discussion posts are not papers at all. They're not required so you don't even have to do them. No one responds to them. Don't know if anyone ever reads them. If you do them, it's just a few sentences.

The Final Assessment is not anything like the discussion posts. Each course has a document containing the instructions for the Final Assessment. You follow those instructions. The first thing I do when I start a class is to download and open that document so I know what I need to do. I make notes as I complete the course content that I need to refer back to in the Final Assessment.

Yes, I am.

Then Info Lit A is all you need to complete Eng Comp 2.

(09-03-2021, 10:19 AM)carebear_007 Wrote: I have the same courses as you. I'm not feeling very confident about Information Literacy because of the instructor switch. I wasn't really familiar with the first instructor but this current one seems to be confused. I've emailed her several times and she's telling me that I'm confused about the final until I sent the instructions to her. Only then did she discuss that she's just inherited this course and they may need some edits. Some milestones were affirmed and some were not with no comments. I'm just really disappointed that this is my first experience with a course. How's your experience so far?

Professor changes are not uncommon. You have to go with the flow. Often times they don't comment on the Milestones. If you're having an issue, don't be afraid to reach out to Cody. He can help. He is the liaison between students and professors when there are issues.
(09-03-2021, 10:19 AM)carebear_007 Wrote:

Yes, I am.

I have the same courses as you. I'm not feeling very confident about Information Literacy because of the instructor switch. I wasn't really familiar with the first instructor but this current one seems to be confused. I've emailed her several times and she's telling me that I'm confused about the final until I sent the instructions to her. Only then did she discuss that she's just inherited this course and they may need some edits. Some milestones were affirmed and some were not with no comments. I'm just really disappointed that this is my first experience with a course. How's your experience so far?

I'm still getting use to the format of the course. It has been awhile since I took a college course.
(09-03-2021, 12:20 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(09-03-2021, 01:25 AM)Ann7 Wrote: Thanks so much for the response!!

The discussion posts are not papers at all. They're not required so you don't even have to do them. No one responds to them. Don't know if anyone ever reads them. If you do them, it's just a few sentences.

The Final Assessment is not anything like the discussion posts. Each course has a document containing the instructions for the Final Assessment. You follow those instructions. The first thing I do when I start a class is to download and open that document so I know what I need to do. I make notes as I complete the course content that I need to refer back to in the Final Assessment.

Yes, I am.

Then Info Lit A is all you need to complete Eng Comp 2.

(09-03-2021, 10:19 AM)carebear_007 Wrote: I have the same courses as you. I'm not feeling very confident about Information Literacy because of the instructor switch. I wasn't really familiar with the first instructor but this current one seems to be confused. I've emailed her several times and she's telling me that I'm confused about the final until I sent the instructions to her. Only then did she discuss that she's just inherited this course and they may need some edits. Some milestones were affirmed and some were not with no comments. I'm just really disappointed that this is my first experience with a course. How's your experience so far?

Professor changes are not uncommon. You have to go with the flow. Often times they don't comment on the Milestones. If you're having an issue, don't be afraid to reach out to Cody. He can help. He is the liaison between students and professors when there are issues.
I’m still learning the proper chain of command. Should I have emailed Cody instead of reaching out to the professor directly?
(09-03-2021, 03:56 PM)carebear_007 Wrote: I’m still learning the proper chain of command. Should I have emailed Cody instead of reaching out to the professor directly?

Nope. You had a question about the Final Assessment so you contact the professor. When there's an issue such as the professor telling you to complete something different from the Final Assessment, you should reply with a copy of the Final Assessment and if they still want something different, that's when you go to Cody. They have to accept the Final Assessment as it is written when you start the course. They can't change it after the fact.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UMPI YourPace BA History & Political Science - transfer questions. Patchouli_Skoal 7 303 10-17-2024, 09:31 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Summer Session 1 Waiting on Conferral OldLadyScholar 19 1,180 10-13-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: Indieblue
  YourPace Easy Elective Courses? fastest completion Mikeand 20 7,282 09-26-2024, 03:33 AM
Last Post: midnite123
Information UMPI Cost Increase to $1700 Per 8 Week Session Ares 0 379 09-14-2024, 05:54 PM
Last Post: Ares
  UMPI Criminal Justice BA YourPace Program Completed slaterjack 11 1,171 09-09-2024, 08:23 PM
Last Post: slaterjack
  Yourpace 100% refund deadline soulking 1 294 09-05-2024, 06:01 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Fall Enrollment Deadline - Today bjcheung77 8 586 08-29-2024, 11:09 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  UMPI YourPace BABA UnderGrad sunjaroa 1 441 08-21-2024, 09:22 AM
  Need help for UMPI YourPace Admission AnnaVu 6 833 08-16-2024, 11:42 AM
  Seeking Financial Assistance for UMPI YourPace Program emmyakins292 7 726 07-24-2024, 06:31 PM
Last Post: Livia_Drusila