Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Fall 2021 Session 1 -- What is YOURPace?
Lets start this term off right! I honestly think I have one class to complete and I'm gonna be at a complete loss as to what I can do the rest of the term.
Pierpont BOG AAS - 2021
UMPI Bachelor Of Liberal Studies - Management Minor, History Minor
UMPI Alumni - 2021 Magna Cum Laude
(08-29-2021, 10:32 PM)cpoteraske Wrote: Lets start this term off right! I honestly think I have one class to complete and I'm gonna be at a complete loss as to what I can do the rest of the term.

There's a whole list of courses available. If you've finished everything for your degree, you can take classes in other degrees. Basically any class that's offered this term, you can take. All you have to do is look at the YourPace degrees and find some classes that interest you and ask your advisor if they're available this term. I took extra classes to keep my full financial aid package in my final term.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • ashkir
(08-29-2021, 10:32 PM)cpoteraske Wrote: Lets start this term off right! I honestly think I have one class to complete and I'm gonna be at a complete loss as to what I can do the rest of the term.

I would follow ss20ts's suggestion, and if you can get another "minor" out of it, the better! See what other minor concentrations are available, if you only need like 2 or 3 courses, heck, I would get that second minor thrown in!
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
OLS 600 Leading Change
Kim-Marie M. Jenkins, Ed.D is the Director of Organizational Effectiveness for the University of Maine System. Her areas of focus are strategic change, organizational performance excellence, and process improvement. She enjoys partnering with leaders and teams to critically and constructively imagine a better way and deliver intentional organizational outcomes. Kim's degrees in Communication, Adult Education, and Organizational Leadership and Communication, along with 20 years of experience in higher education all inform her approach to the work.

LET'S DO THIS

First four milestones are all essays.

Of one page each.

I like this professor.
Dr. Ashkir DHA, MBA, MAOL, PMP, GARA
[-] The following 4 users Like ashkir's post:
  • Novo, P226mem, rachel83az, ss20ts
Anyone else in the English program this session? I'm excited to get moving!
Has anyone had Professor Jenkins for anything before?
Started World Civ 2 and Early Modern Europe this morning. Made it about 33% through World Civ plus a written milestone. Tomorrow starts with another milestone then as many lessons as I can get through. Pretty good start!
BA History & Political Science - History Concentration - UMPI - 2021
Done- Waiting for degree conferral 

AA Graphic Design - Penn Foster - 2010 
[-] The following 1 user Likes TMcClary's post:
  • rachel83az
I absolutely love bite-sized nature of learning materials! It feels like a great solution for those with ADD.

-----
I am trying to figure out if learning journals are mandatory. I am very old school and I prefer taking notes by hand, so I would rather skip retyping my notes.
MSML, WGU 2022
BAS, UMPI, 2021
AAS, Pierpont C&TC, 2021

ACE (119): Sophia, 93; TEEX, 5; SDC, 12; ACTFL, 6
RA (50): ASU, 8; ONU, 3; UMPI, 39
NA (16) : UoPeople, 16
Other: ENEB/Isabel I, MBA (2021)
Also dropped a gazillion of classes!!

Family members work on degrees at Ashworth, TESU, Purdue, UMPI, NationsU
[-] The following 1 user Likes NoStudentNoCry's post:
  • BetaBen
(08-30-2021, 11:35 PM)NoStudentNoCry Wrote: I absolutely love bite-sized nature of learning materials! It feels like a great solution for those with ADD.

-----
I am trying to figure out if learning journals are mandatory. I am very old school and I prefer taking notes by hand, so I would rather skip retyping my notes.

Discussions and learning journals are not mandatory. You don't have to do them.
[-] The following 2 users Like ss20ts's post:
  • ashkir, NoStudentNoCry
(08-30-2021, 11:44 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(08-30-2021, 11:35 PM)NoStudentNoCry Wrote: I absolutely love bite-sized nature of learning materials! It feels like a great solution for those with ADD.

-----

Discussions and learning journals are not mandatory. You don't have to do them.

This! I sometimes do them. I sometimes skip them. If I am struggling on a topic I'll do it to practice. IF not I'll move on.

(08-30-2021, 09:59 PM)TMcClary Wrote: Started World Civ 2 and Early Modern Europe this morning. Made it about 33% through World Civ plus a written milestone. Tomorrow starts with another milestone then as many lessons as I can get through. Pretty good start!

Awesome!!!

OLS 600 has a ridiculously long final. About the size of 3 other of the MAOL finals. I guess that makes up for the nice milestones? Lol.

In addition the videos are horrible. This class is very video heavy. First video is in Russian for subtitles so I don't really understand any of it. Second video the accent is so thick it can't even get transcribed. Third video has no caption options. Fourth, fifth, and sixth videos are all auto generated by Google.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UMPI YourPace BA History & Political Science - transfer questions. Patchouli_Skoal 7 304 10-17-2024, 09:31 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Summer Session 1 Waiting on Conferral OldLadyScholar 19 1,180 10-13-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: Indieblue
  YourPace Easy Elective Courses? fastest completion Mikeand 20 7,286 09-26-2024, 03:33 AM
Last Post: midnite123
Information UMPI Cost Increase to $1700 Per 8 Week Session Ares 0 379 09-14-2024, 05:54 PM
Last Post: Ares
  UMPI Criminal Justice BA YourPace Program Completed slaterjack 11 1,171 09-09-2024, 08:23 PM
Last Post: slaterjack
  Yourpace 100% refund deadline soulking 1 294 09-05-2024, 06:01 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Fall Enrollment Deadline - Today bjcheung77 8 589 08-29-2024, 11:09 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  UMPI YourPace BABA UnderGrad sunjaroa 1 447 08-21-2024, 09:22 AM
  Need help for UMPI YourPace Admission AnnaVu 6 834 08-16-2024, 11:42 AM
  Seeking Financial Assistance for UMPI YourPace Program emmyakins292 7 730 07-24-2024, 06:31 PM
Last Post: Livia_Drusila