Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
ACE Credit Registry Change? Transcripts Services Ending
Along with many of you, I've been concerned about losing credits through this migration process. However, I appear to have gained something as a part of this change.  

Back in 2013, when I was in high school, I had the opportunity to obtain some entry-level IT certifications for free. Two of them were in the Microsoft Technology Associate series. This year, when I learned about alt credit, I remembered them. The exam titles were in the ACE database, but my certification dates were not within any of the windows. An email to ACE confirmed that I could not add these to my ACE transcript. However, I later found that TESU and Strayer had their own evaluation which covered one of the certificates. I eventually figured out how to send the registrars a transcript code from Microsoft, and that one certification was subsequently added to my academic evaluation. I thought that I wouldn't be able to do anything with the other one.  

Recently, I registered for an Acclaim account as part of the ACE transition. Waiting in there for me were all those old IT certs from high school. There was a CompTIA cert that I had completely forgotten about and won't get me any new credit, with the original 2013 issue date. Alongside that were the Microsoft certs. However, the date on them is recorded as November 2016, which is when Microsoft joined the Acclaim platform. That date does match up with a valid ACE recommendation. Indeed, the ACE endorsement is showing up for both Microsoft badges.  

I'm curious to see what will happen when I send a transcript from the new Acclaim system to the schools. Which date and recommendation will they recieve? I'm waiting for TEEX to get their badges figured out, then I'll fire off a transcript to TESU and Strayer to see what happens.  

Anyone else gain anything from the new system?

BTW: I never received the email survey from ACE/Acclaim/Credly about migrating to the new system, and none of my old ACE stuff is showing up yet. I have emailed ACE support about this.
TESU Class of 2024 BSBA-CIS+GM, BSIT, ASNSM-CS+Math, AAS-GEN
Earned credits from Sophia, SDC, ASU ULC, TEEX, Microsoft, Strayer, TESU, Saylor, DSST, CLEP, CompTIA, StraighterLine, and others since starting in April 2020
[-] The following 2 users Like jch's post:
  • alab21, ss20ts
How to add Straighterline credits to youracclaim
------------------

(12-30-2020, 04:53 PM)akr680 Wrote: How to add Straighterline credits to youracclaim

https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/St...im_Process
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • akr680
I just noticed ACE sent the email to us concerning transferring our ACE credits to Credly/Acclaim on 21 December.  That was 12 days ago (today is 2nd January).  I realize most people have been and are still on vacation.  

I'm wondering if your credits have been transferred from ACE to Credly/Acclaim yet?
I clicked on that link within an hour or so of getting it. My Acclaim account is still empty. I probably have 100+ ACE credits but haven't transferred any over on my end. Not sure when they're planning on doing it.
None of my missing ACE credits have appeared at Acclaim yet. No TEEX, no The Institutes, still missing Sophia courses.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
I didn't get the email from ACE
------------------

(01-02-2021, 09:32 PM)any4yeardegree Wrote: I just noticed ACE sent the email to us concerning transferring our ACE credits to Credly/Acclaim on 21 December.  That was 12 days ago (today is 2nd January).  I realize most people have been and are still on vacation.  

I'm wondering if your credits have been transferred from ACE to Credly/Acclaim yet?

Thank you for posting this! I was able to find the email and click the "survey". My email put it in the "promotions" tab which I never read.

So depressing! I am missing a crazy amount of credits and see I'm not alone at all. Maybe things will be better in later January but they really messed up some of my plans here.
(01-03-2021, 01:51 PM)akr680 Wrote: I didn't get the email from ACE

I've seen several comments where people found the email from ACE in their SPAM folders, even if they had ACE added to their address books.  Check around 21 December.  If you don't have it, perhaps ACE can resend.
[-] The following 1 user Likes any4yeardegree's post:
  • akr680
Anyone here need help getting Saylor added? They sent me a link, I filled out the info, and it literally was added first thing this morning.

https://www.saylor.org/credit/#transcripts

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UMPI Latin Credit Chimera 5 478 09-14-2024, 02:34 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Cheap Upper-Level History Credit Miggies 9 861 07-24-2024, 08:08 AM
Last Post: wow
Question Have any of y'all gotten Sophia credit at a Tennessee State school? tennessee123 1 318 06-26-2024, 11:30 AM
  3 Additional Google Certificates Approved for ACE Credit MNomadic 15 3,052 05-08-2024, 07:32 PM
  Biology & Chemistry Online for College Credit? Spaceghost 3 512 05-08-2024, 02:40 AM
Last Post: GameSlinger
  conflicting info about TADA ending date any4yeardegree 17 1,978 05-02-2024, 07:32 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Can sophia credit transfer to two different schools? GoBroncos95 11 1,740 04-18-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  Sophia Credit Transfer StudyKing21 1 1,107 01-19-2024, 12:57 PM
  Free credit course website for non-American Pinko64 3 937 11-04-2023, 05:51 PM
  Does Clovis Community College accept Sophia credit? eliment 7 1,239 10-29-2023, 07:45 PM