Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
ACE Credit Registry Change? Transcripts Services Ending
(12-22-2020, 11:19 AM)clj626 Wrote: I completed numerous classes with Sophia when it was offered for free earlier this year. I never opened an ACE account. I'm trying to figure out how I can transfer my Sophia credits. 

I attend a RA Community College and they use Parchment. I intend to apply to one of the Big 3 next year.

I read through this thread and I don't see anyone with the same issue, most already had ACE accounts.  Any ideas on how to get the credits transferred from Sophia to my school? 
I'm going to also call Sophia and hopefully customer service will be helpful.

Thanks in advance.

Which school are you going to? Your Sophia transcripts can be sent via Parchment to many schools. It's $5.25 for Parchment to send an electronic transcript.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • clj626
(12-22-2020, 02:45 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(12-22-2020, 11:19 AM)clj626 Wrote: I completed numerous classes with Sophia when it was offered for free earlier this year. I never opened an ACE account. I'm trying to figure out how I can transfer my Sophia credits. 

I attend a RA Community College and they use Parchment. I intend to apply to one of the Big 3 next year.

I read through this thread and I don't see anyone with the same issue, most already had ACE accounts.  Any ideas on how to get the credits transferred from Sophia to my school? 

Thanks in advance.

Which school are you going to? Your Sophia transcripts can be sent via Parchment to many schools. It's $5.25 for Parchment to send an electronic transcript.
Most schools won't accept transcripts directly from Sophia. I attend Pima CC.
(12-22-2020, 03:11 PM)clj626 Wrote:

Thanks in advance.

The Parchment transcript is not sent directly from Sophia. Parchment is an electronic transcription service that MANY colleges use. Many issue their own transcripts via Parchment and they receive them from Parchment. I have 3 colleges in Parchment plus Sophia.
(12-22-2020, 06:22 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(12-22-2020, 03:11 PM)clj626 Wrote:

Thanks in advance.

The Parchment transcript is not sent directly from Sophia. Parchment is an electronic transcription service that MANY colleges use. Many issue their own transcripts via Parchment and they receive them from Parchment. I have 3 colleges in Parchment plus Sophia.

The Parchment transcript states it's from Sophia Learning. The school accepts credits from ACE not Sophia Learning. I'll try it anyway and see what happens. Thanks.
For whatever it may be worth, I've been following this thread with great interest (well, except for the part that got all "argy-bargy") and with even greater relief that I had gotten my transcript request in "under the wire", and it had been confirmed by an ACE staffer.

But my school had been insisting that they never got it.

Then I got this email:

Dear Student,

You are receiving this message because you requested an academic transcript from ACE’s Learning Evaluations (formerly CREDIT) Registry and Transcript system.

ACE has discovered, due to a processing error, that your request was still in process when the service ended and was not delivered as expected. We are currently working with our former transcript provider to fulfill your order, however, delivery of the transcript may be delayed.

We understand the inconvenience this error may have caused for you and will be issuing a refund to you for the transcript fee paid.

It is important to note, ACE is transitioning our transcript services to Credly’s Acclaim platform and our former Registry and Transcript system is no longer available for transcript requests (effective 11/30/2020).

You will soon be able to share evidence of your achievements on social media platforms and have access to free academic transcripts without additional approval processes!

You may find additional information on our transcript site or in our frequently asked questions.

We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused and hope that you will have an opportunity to take advantage of the new credentials!

Respectfully,

ACE Learning Evaluations
credit@acenet.edu
(12-21-2020, 03:31 PM)utility Wrote: Hopefully that email is good news and they will auto-transfer everything.  I still haven't contacted any of my previous ACE course providers, I've been waiting to see how this thing shakes out.
Yes i hope they auto-transfer everything.
Do we need to create new account on Acclaim or use same id/password from Ace?
(12-24-2020, 11:00 AM)mickey20 Wrote:
(12-21-2020, 03:31 PM)utility Wrote: Hopefully that email is good news and they will auto-transfer everything.  I still haven't contacted any of my previous ACE course providers, I've been waiting to see how this thing shakes out.

You need to create a new account on Acclaim.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Homeschool College Guidance Counselor Mom to twin 18 yo boys

CsmLearn
Study: US History, Pres Skills, Enviro Sci, Ethics America, Intro CJ, Meteorology, Forensic Sci, Criminology
Sophia: Psych, Visual Comms, Sociology, Eff Teams, Mng Conflict,  Anc Greek, Art History 1, Intro to IT,
Intro to Bus, Engl Comp 1&2, Religion, Conflict Reso, College Algebra, US History 2
TEEX: Death Invest
Coopersmith: Stress Mgmt, Therapeutic, Drugs & Society, Sport & Exercise, Psych of Motivation, Pos Psych, Career Coun
Community College: Comp Info Syst, A+ Hardware, A+ Op Syst, Linux Op Syst, Networks, Switching & Routing, Networking, IT Security
Computer Certs: Comp Tia A+

Planning for (2) Bachelors: BSLS 

(12-24-2020, 11:00 AM)mickey20 Wrote:

new account on acclaim as others have said. I found it helpful to use same email on acclaim as I used with ACE and then added in a secondary email on acclaim settings for the one ACE provider that I used a different email.  all worked.
TESU: BALS June 2021 (comm college, clep, sdc sophia coopersmith, SOS110, and capstone)

(12-24-2020, 08:09 AM)ctcarl Wrote: You will soon be able to share evidence of your achievements on social media platforms and have access to free academic transcripts without additional approval processes!

You may find additional information on our transcript site or in our frequently asked questions.

We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused and hope that you will have an opportunity to take advantage of the new credentials!

BWAHAHAA! So, good news!!!! 

ACE is the best  Dodgy
College (146): RA (134), NA (12)
ACE-recommended (105): Sophia (53), Study (28), Google (12), TEEX (10), Institutes (2)
ECTS (69): ENEB (65), LUT (2), XAMK (2)
IN PROGRESS:

Certificate- Google Data Analytics
Bachelor- Cybersecurity Technology (105/120) /
 Organizational Leadership (99/120)
Certification- CompTIA A+
DONE:
Certificate- Google IT Support

Associates- Business Administration /  BoG (History)
Undergrad certificate- Computer Networking
MBA
(12-24-2020, 01:24 PM)StoicJ Wrote:
(12-24-2020, 08:09 AM)ctcarl Wrote: You will soon be able to share evidence of your achievements on social media platforms and have access to free academic transcripts without additional approval processes!

BWAHAHAA! So, good news!!!! 

ACE is the best  Dodgy

Because all I ever wanted out of my schooling was to be able to tweet about completing English Comp II to all my followers.  Rolleyes
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 4 users Like rachel83az's post:
  • ARhead, Life Long Learning, ss20ts, StoicJ

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UMPI Latin Credit Chimera 5 478 09-14-2024, 02:34 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Cheap Upper-Level History Credit Miggies 9 861 07-24-2024, 08:08 AM
Last Post: wow
Question Have any of y'all gotten Sophia credit at a Tennessee State school? tennessee123 1 318 06-26-2024, 11:30 AM
  3 Additional Google Certificates Approved for ACE Credit MNomadic 15 3,051 05-08-2024, 07:32 PM
  Biology & Chemistry Online for College Credit? Spaceghost 3 512 05-08-2024, 02:40 AM
Last Post: GameSlinger
  conflicting info about TADA ending date any4yeardegree 17 1,978 05-02-2024, 07:32 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Can sophia credit transfer to two different schools? GoBroncos95 11 1,740 04-18-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  Sophia Credit Transfer StudyKing21 1 1,107 01-19-2024, 12:57 PM
  Free credit course website for non-American Pinko64 3 937 11-04-2023, 05:51 PM
  Does Clovis Community College accept Sophia credit? eliment 7 1,239 10-29-2023, 07:45 PM