Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
general chemistry
Looks like the lab for II is "on campus"

So no Chem II labs online anywhere? I am leaning towards a bsast from TESU if I can manage to get the chems, requires 1 and 2 with labs (or physics but I'm not doing physics).
We are all on the same side here, trying to better our lives....so let's get along and help each other out. 

Learn a trade. Gain technical skills. Make money, then use this money to get a degree...if you have the desire. 

Sure with I had done Chem 1 and lab instead of Bio 1 and lab at the community college years ago.

I found this: Online Medical General Chemistry II Lab CHEM 1011 Online | UNE Online College of Graduate and Professional Studies

but it's a medical prerequisite, so I don't know if it will be more difficult than a standard general chemistry.

This might be the biggest hurdle to a BSAST.
We are all on the same side here, trying to better our lives....so let's get along and help each other out. 

Learn a trade. Gain technical skills. Make money, then use this money to get a degree...if you have the desire. 

Oops 10 char

Places like University of Phoenix have Chemistry II as a 4 credit course- meaning the lab and lecture aren't seperated. Could something like that work?
Credit Sources:
Guilford Technical Community College (59)
U.S Army Training
ALEKS
Study.com
Straighterline
Shmoop
DSST
UExcel
Well, the issue is I cant use anything so structured. Some days I can do schooling in the morning, some at lunch, sometimes after work, sometimes only on a weekend. Which is why I cant really sign up for a traditional online class.

I haven't found actual Chemistry II w/ lab self paced anywhere. If you have General Chem I, would Organic Chem I work in place of General Chem II?
Credit Sources:
Guilford Technical Community College (59)
U.S Army Training
ALEKS
Study.com
Straighterline
Shmoop
DSST
UExcel
Good question. Applying soon amd I will ask.

The worst case scenario is that you can take the General Chemistry with lab online at TESU or APU. You can do the work at anytime, but you do have to meet deadlines to avoid late penalties. APU exams are not proctored, but the exams are timed so you must complete the test in one sitting. TESU exams are proctored but you can take it immediately with an extra cost or schedule it beforehand for no extra cost.
TESU BA CS and Math (graduated December 2016)
Thanks bud.

Eyeballing the chemistry CLEP.

icampy Wrote:Hi, are there any sources of gen chemistry I and II online, specifically to fill the spots on the IT degree from TESU? Also, from my research online, it seems most of the math in chemistry is just notation or basic formulas and equations, am I right in that assumption? Thanks!!!

Here is where I took mine online. https://webadvisor.ocean.edu/WebAdvisor/...S=3&APP=ST

If that doesn't take you there: http://www.ocean.edu --> online classes --> search classes
Note that there are chemistry courses in the long and short semesters. I took chem at the regular semester pace and microbiology over the summer on their accelerated schedule. I suggest taking it over a full semester sequence if you can. Still, they do have the option of doing Accelerated Chem 1 followed by Accelerated Chem 2 in one "regular" semester. Keep in mind also that it's much harder to start the sequence in spring semester, most schools right now are taking registration for chem II. Ocean has general I and II /organic I and II for spring, they must be gaining enrollment. That's a new offering since I've attended. Note that you have to buy a lab kit and have a digital camera for lab reports.

EDIT to add: I don't have time to search, but go to the TESU catalog. They have a little gem in there that if you do a "II" class, that you can automatically get credit for the "I" part. If you find it, that will save you a lot of money, assuming you can pass chem II without chem I. My brain hurts thinking about the prospect....but that's just me Wink

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  General Thanks And Where I'm Headed Now TINASAM 3 596 10-22-2023, 01:29 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SUU Bachelor of General Studies (Speedway) EDUxplorer 10 3,201 04-18-2023, 12:43 AM
  Cheap general science courses? Preferably online. Drakemoore 8 2,052 12-27-2022, 03:29 PM
Last Post: Cofffeee
  Chemistry Course YehudisS 16 2,197 10-01-2022, 07:24 PM
Last Post: YehudisS
  Allied Health General Science Courses? threecats 7 1,252 07-08-2022, 11:58 PM
  Easiest math general education options? Math avoidant 5 2,665 05-07-2022, 01:24 AM
Last Post: Math avoidant
  Has anyone taken TEL Chemistry 1 + Lab? DIGI-212 3 894 10-25-2021, 11:24 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Organic Chemistry class indigoshuffle 3 1,445 03-15-2021, 12:52 AM
  Can you help me with my general ed? Areyes2511 25 3,514 12-21-2020, 12:42 PM
Last Post: ROYISAGIRL
  chemistry I and Physics I with LAB SL bingo1 14 2,854 09-10-2020, 10:20 AM
Last Post: CableGuy98