Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm finished! Just passed Humanities...
Well, I will soon be a college grad. I want to thank everyone here and Instacert. I was able to complete over 2 years of school in just over a year while working full time.

First off, re the Humanities exam - study IC and Peterson's exam (they are harder than the actual exam). I passed with a 72. I felt like I made good educated guesses on some of the questions but clearly I knew the answers. Here is what I can remember:

Shakespeare wasn't that deep. But do know the high-level plots of comedy and tragedies and ppening passages of the most famous plays.

Poets: know the time periods and who might be peers in the periods. A good portion was reading and understanding similar to Analyzing and Interpreting Lit.

There were a few "gimmees" like what movies did Spike Lee direct and what art period was influenced by commercalism ("Pop art").

Walden and Thoreau came up a few times as did Chaucer and Canterbury Tales.

I can tell you that if you know everything in IC and study what you got wrong on the Peterson's exams you will pass.

Now... as for finishing your degree. Really, just do it. You aren't too old, you don't work too much and it's never too late. It can be done and much more quickly than you think it can.

I bid you all farewell and good luck for my journey here is complete. Thanks a million IC and everyone here for all of your help.
Credits to date:
84 -Traditional
6-CLEP Analyz. & Inter. Lit (68)
3-CLEP Princ. of Mgmt. (73)
12-FEMA
3- DSST Environ. & Human. (53)
3 - Intro.to Psych (66)
3 - Human Growth & Dev (61)
6 - Humanities (72)
Congratulations on your accomplishment! I know it feels great. Wow, you work fast. Congrats again. What's next for you?
Anne,
Next up: SPHR Exam again, missed it by 50 pts first attempt....:eek:
BS Liberal Arts - Excelsior College, MBA/HRM - Northcentral University

[SIZE="1"]Check a New Dreams & Goals Discussion Forum at http://www.getwettodayforum.com[/SIZE]
[SIZE="3"]CONGRATULATIONS austinpwrz![/SIZE] Sounds like you did great! Good luck in your future endeavors. Smile

JoAnne

P.S. Thanks for the great feedback; I'll add it to the specific exam feedback section. Wink
BS - General Business - June 2007
Excelsior College
Congrats! You should be very proud of yourself!
I started CollegePlus! at 13. Big Grin

Credits: 12/120

Analyzing/Interpreting Lit. -- 65
U.S History I -- 56
(Failed) U.S History II -- 47
Western Civ. I -- 59

~*~ Western Civ II: At some point and time :p ~*~
Congrats Austinpwrz--nice work! Remember that you can still access the forum even without being an InstantCert member. Smile
--
Steve
Webmaster, InstantCert.com
Congrats!! Smile
[COLOR="Navy"]BS Liberal Arts
Excelsior College

MS Psychology
California Coast University[/color]
and I'll add my congratulations! It's a great feeling!
Dawn
Taking the Road Less Traveled
The Journey of A Thousand Miles Starts with The First CLEP

BS-Psychology - Excelsior College
Enrolled in the School of Business, BS in Accounting
After MIS I'll be halfway there!
72 CLEP Credits, 21 DSST Credits, 25 ECE Credits (Including Inf Lit), 6 TESC Credits, 2 FEMA Credits = 126 Total
Withholding 6 Credits for Accounting = 120 for Psychology
12 credits completed toward my accounting degree
Congratulations and good luck!

Mike
Congratulations! You must be feeling great. hilarious
Kate
BS Psychology
Congratulations! I took Humanities today also, didn't score as high as you did but still passed with a 53. Started studying two days ago after I passed my bio exam.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Kim did it after 4 tries! <baby bar passed> bjcheung77 9 1,699 04-23-2024, 06:55 AM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  Why Majoring in the Humanities Can Be a Great Career Move allvia 1 449 10-08-2023, 12:58 PM
Last Post: Pats20
  I've officially finished my BA for Graphic Design!! Thank you! mojave 13 1,618 08-21-2022, 09:50 AM
Last Post: carrythenothing
  Its finally finished! withrown 18 2,877 08-15-2022, 12:14 PM
Last Post: withrown
  Humanities Degrees and Stem Degrees Deserve Equal Respect LevelUP 12 2,656 03-10-2022, 07:54 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Passed the CISSP Exam jamshid666 5 2,057 09-27-2021, 01:58 PM
Last Post: jamshid666
  Passed the CHFI Exam jamshid666 9 1,749 07-17-2021, 06:40 PM
Last Post: jamshid666
  Humanities Works Alpha 17 2,768 02-07-2021, 09:52 PM
Last Post: Alpha
  Finished my Bachelors now onto my graduate sweetcrabhoney 9 2,069 12-31-2020, 03:56 AM
Last Post: Kab
  Finished my first class in years! ms_butterfly 6 1,272 09-20-2020, 03:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP