Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Update: TECEPS PHI-130 & PSY-270
Okay, so a few weeks ago on the forum I was asking around and received some advice about the PSY-270 (Psychology of women) TECEP from a few of you, but the Intro to Critical Thinking seemed to be pretty new. Anyone, I have completed both of them so I wanted to give some insight for those who want to take them in the future.

PHI-130: This is, by far, the easiest exam I have ever taken in terms of how much prep is needed to pass. The material is covered in 5 modules in a free resource the university provides. Basically, to pass the exam you need to be able to identify some of the main kinds of arguments and both evaluate and construct an argument. There is 30 multiple choice questions, 10 matching questions and an argument and argument evaluation. 56 of 80 points is needed to pass, so provided you know or argument types and can build/evaluate an argument, its easy to pass. Finished with an 89% with about an hour of study.

PSY-270. This was much harder, IMHO, than a lot of people give it credit for. I prepped using quizlet, memorized basically ever term in the book, about 4 hours of study, but the questions where much more specific to examples of concepts than definitions, etc. It's hard to explain what I mean, but one of the questions was something like, when it comes to teenage boys are they are more likely than teenage girls to have a close relationship with their parents, less likely, etc. The essays weren't so bad, the question were things like: why would older women in this generation feel more comfortable expressing their individuality and talent than in previous generations, what is gender stratification (with examples), why are women more likely to be treated for mental illness than men. The multiple choice was 60 points and essays were 40. End the end I get 44/60 multiple choice and 34/40 on the essays for a grade of 78%. Not too bad, well within passing, but could have been better. Definitely not the test I was expecting.
Probably just my background, but of the two you're describing, the 2nd one definitely sounds like a cakewalk Big Grin

though the first one doesn't sound too awful either.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
Lol, I thought my background would have made the 2nd one a cakewalk, too, but maybe that was the problem, I thought it would be easier. Essays were a breeze, but some of the questions about the origins of women's movements I wasnt prepared for. Whelp, at least it's over!
A pass is a pass... congrats!
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
msd2012 Wrote:End the end I get 44/60 multiple choice and 34/40 on the essays for a grade of 78%.

I didn't see anywhere that said what my final scores were. When I finished the last essay and hit submit it went directly to a questionnaire about the TECEP itself. I know 'a pass is a pass', but just out of curiosity, is there a way to find out how I did?
BA.SS: TESU '17
AA.LS, with Honors: CC '16
CHW Certification: CC '15
ΦΘΚ, Alumna Member

"It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop."― Confucius

B&M University: '92-'95
CC: '95-'16
CLEP: A&I Lit; '08
DSST: HTYH; '08
FEMA: unusable at TESU
IIA: Ethics & CPCU; '15
Kaplan: PLA course; '14,
NFA: 2 CR; '15
SOPHIA: Intro Soc; '15
Straighterline: US History II, Intro Religion, Bus. Ethics, Prin. Mgmt, Cult. Anthro, Org Behavior, American Gov't, Bus. Comm; '15
Study.com: Social Psych, Hist of Vietnam, Abnorm Psych, Research Methods in Psych, Classroom Mgmt, Ed Psych; '16
TECEP: Psych of Women, Tech Writing, Med Term, Nutrition, Eng Comp I; '16
TESU: BA.SS Capstone course; '16

Ended with a total of 170 undergrad credits (plus lots of CEUs). My "I'm finally done" thread
I had to read the OP twice. I thought they were referencing the Psychology of Women exam with this quote "Basically, to pass the exam you need to be able to identify some of the main kinds of arguments and both evaluate and construct an argument". Smile
MBA, Western Governors University February 2014
BS Charter Oak State College November 2011
AS in EMS August 2010

I'm always happy to complete the free application waiver for those applying to WGU (I get a free gift from WGU for this).  Just PM me your first/last name and a valid email so I can complete their form.

Thread; COSC AS using FEMA http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...total.html
I saw a well handled CS situation recently. Afterward, when I complimented the director of the department about his calmness in the face of the (female) customer's [mostly unfounded] fury, he simply replied "I'm married and have two daughters, so I have plenty of experience with this type of thing". I laughed because I think my husband could answer that same way.
ΦΘΚ, Alumna Member

Straighterline: US History II, Intro Religion, Bus. Ethics, Prin. Mgmt, Cult. Anthro, Org Behavior, American Gov't, Bus. Comm; '15
Study.com: Social Psych, Hist of Vietnam, Abnorm Psych, Research Methods in Psych, Classroom Mgmt, Ed Psych; '16

Ended with a total of 170 undergrad credits (plus lots of CEUs). My "I'm finally done" thread
I thought TECEPs were the hardest type of testing out there. So much of what was in the test was textbook specific in the psych tests I took.

msd2012 Wrote:Okay, so a few weeks ago on the forum I was asking around and received some advice about the PSY-270 (Psychology of women) TECEP from a few of you, but the Intro to Critical Thinking seemed to be pretty new. Anyone, I have completed both of them so I wanted to give some insight for those who want to take them in the future.

PHI-130: This is, by far, the easiest exam I have ever taken in terms of how much prep is needed to pass. The material is covered in 5 modules in a free resource the university provides. Basically, to pass the exam you need to be able to identify some of the main kinds of arguments and both evaluate and construct an argument. There is 30 multiple choice questions, 10 matching questions and an argument and argument evaluation. 56 of 80 points is needed to pass, so provided you know or argument types and can build/evaluate an argument, its easy to pass. Finished with an 89% with about an hour of study.

PSY-270. This was much harder, IMHO, than a lot of people give it credit for. I prepped using quizlet, memorized basically ever term in the book, about 4 hours of study, but the questions where much more specific to examples of concepts than definitions, etc. It's hard to explain what I mean, but one of the questions was something like, when it comes to teenage boys are they are more likely than teenage girls to have a close relationship with their parents, less likely, etc. The essays weren't so bad, the question were things like: why would older women in this generation feel more comfortable expressing their individuality and talent than in previous generations, what is gender stratification (with examples), why are women more likely to be treated for mental illness than men. The multiple choice was 60 points and essays were 40. End the end I get 44/60 multiple choice and 34/40 on the essays for a grade of 78%. Not too bad, well within passing, but could have been better. Definitely not the test I was expecting.
Denise

MS - Management and Leadership, WGU 2022
BS - Liberal Arts - Depths in Healthcare and Psychology, Excelsior College 2014
Certificate - Workers Comp Admin, UC Davis Extension, 1995
AA - Licensed Vocational Nursing and Selected Studies, Mesa College 1989
Certificate - Licensed Vocational Nursing (LVN), Mesa College 1977

Also, someday maybe a MS in Forensic Psychology, just for fun.   Oh, and a BS in Animal Behavior.  And, maybe when I'm 85 a PhD in something fun.

Mamasaphire Wrote:I didn't see anywhere that said what my final scores were. When I finished the last essay and hit submit it went directly to a questionnaire about the TECEP itself. I know 'a pass is a pass', but just out of curiosity, is there a way to find out how I did?

When you take a TECEP that has anything except all multiple choice, you won't receive your score for up to 2 weeks. First, you are supposed to notify the testing center via email (I always just emailed them with my name, student ID# and "XYZ TECEP" in the subject line, then in the body say "I just took this TECEP"). They will respond saying "we'll grade it and post it within 2 weeks" or something like that.

If you look at your "Grades" you can see whether you got a CR or NC, but not the score.

To actually see your score, go to your MyEdison account, up in the MoodleRoom of the specific exam. Just click on the course, and it will take you to Moodle. Then click on the little grade book icon (an A+ on a little notebook), then "User Report" will pop up with the Term and Course number underneath it - click on "User Report" and there you have it. So much more complicated that it needs to be!!
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
dfrecore Wrote:To actually see your score, go to your MyEdison account, up in the MoodleRoom of the specific exam. Just click on the course, and it will take you to Moodle. Then click on the little grade book icon (an A+ on a little notebook), then "User Report" will pop up with the Term and Course number underneath it - click on "User Report" and there you have it. So much more complicated that it needs to be!!

Thank you! I don't think I would have figured all of that out on my own! It's showing an end score of 86% which I am satisfied with.
ΦΘΚ, Alumna Member

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Update your Signature! sgloer 24 4,631 08-11-2024, 02:42 PM
Last Post: ReyMysterioso
  TESU---Easy Courses and TECEPS midnite123 5 917 01-04-2024, 08:22 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  MyWay Transfer Update: Non-degree awarding course provider bjcheung77 10 2,069 11-15-2023, 12:30 PM
Last Post: SophiaPrincess
  GetEducated.com Major Update (business degrees) freeloader 1 863 04-06-2022, 02:36 PM
Last Post: Vle045
  MSI Update - No longer IASSC... bjcheung77 12 3,286 03-29-2021, 04:39 PM
Last Post: monchevy
  Credit sources update rachel83az 12 4,181 02-11-2021, 03:32 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Advice? Update? Jwheels27 13 2,748 02-11-2019, 10:40 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Onlinedegree.com x TESU update turborelaxation 8 2,187 11-30-2018, 06:39 PM
Last Post: Merlin
  Wiki page to update Ideas 0 1,268 03-31-2018, 08:48 AM
Last Post: Ideas
  Need Teceps. ECH90 10 2,299 06-29-2017, 06:53 PM