Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Questions regarding DSST Money and Banking
Is there an alternative to taking the Money and Banking DSST? It doesn't look like it's going to be available any time soon. Is this an absolute requirement for TESC? Is there another course/test that could be substituted instead?
2017...Finished Bachelor's General Management at TESU. 
What degree are you looking at? I don't think this is a requirement for any TESC degree. It's listed in the "Electives" area for a finance degree, but it certainly isn't a requirement. UofIdaho-IS has this course though, if you really want to take it.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
dfrecore Wrote:What degree are you looking at? I don't think this is a requirement for any TESC degree. It's listed in the "Electives" area for a finance degree, but it certainly isn't a requirement. UofIdaho-IS has this course though, if you really want to take it.

I'm looking at the BSBA in General Mgt from TESC. If it's only an elective, then I'll take something else in it's place. Hoping someone can confirm this.
If you look at the General Management degree page online, under Area of Study it shows each of the 4 areas. Choose which area you want (Management in your case), and then look at the list of courses, which is a guide to give examples of all of the types of courses you can take to fulfill that area of study. Money and Banking is one example in the Finance section. But none of those courses are requirements.

The easiest 5 to take from the list if you want to test out are:
Human Resource Management (DSST, Study.com)
Organizational Behavior (DSST, SL, JumpCourse, Study.com)
Operations Management (TECEP)
Management Information Systems (DSST)
Project Management (Sophia)

You need 6 total, 4 UL (I think), the above 5 are all UL. There are lots of other options for it though. Just looks for "Management" type courses.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Thanks for clearing this up. I've taken several of those courses already. I'll definitely look into the Sophia learning for the Proj. Mgt. Thanks.
Good info. Thanks
SL Business Ethics
SL intro to Business
SL Business Law
SL intro to world religion
SL Accounting 1
PF Strategic management
SL organizational behavior
SL Principles of management
SL macroeconomics
SL microeconomics
SL accounting 2
SL intro bus statistics
PF Corporate Finance
PF International Business
PF Marketing
Alek's College Algebra
SL English comp 2
PF market research
PF retail management
PF HR management
SL Business Communication
S.C Principles of Finance
That is all of my requirements completed.!!

BSBA Thomas Edison State University 2016
Was planning on taking this one soon. Is it still unavailable? What is the easiest alternative to fulfill the Finance AOS for the BSBA GM?
Drew
DBRENNAN118 Wrote:Was planning on taking this one soon. Is it still unavailable? What is the easiest alternative to fulfill the Finance AOS for the BSBA GM?
Drew

Easy, of course depends on your background but here are a few options
TECEP FIN-321 Security Analysis and Portfolio Management
TECEP FIN-331 Financial Institutions and Markets
Penn Foster Securities and Investments

Not sure about this course. Hopefully a DF member will be able to confirm.
Penn Foster Corporate Finance ???

"Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan." -Tom Landry

TESC:
AAS, Admin Studies. 2010
BA, Social Sciences. 2010. Arnold Fletcher Award.
AAS, Environmental, Safety & Security Technologies. 2011
BSBA, General Management. 2011. Arnold Fletcher Award. Sigma Beta Delta (ΣΒΔWink!
Just wanted to mention, but I believe you need one from 3 of the 4 areas of study, having all Management courses will not work. I recommend Straighterline's Managerial Accounting for an easy out with the Accounting area of study as it will transfer over as Cost Accounting. The TECEP Advertising or Sales Management will cover marketing.
johnjaxs Wrote:Just wanted to mention, but I believe you need one from 3 of the 4 areas of study, having all Management courses will not work. I recommend Straighterline's Managerial Accounting for an easy out with the Accounting area of study as it will transfer over as Cost Accounting. The TECEP Advertising or Sales Management will cover marketing.

That's correct. After researching, my plan is as follows for AOS: SL Cost Accounting (done); DSST Mgt Info Systems; SL Org Behavior (done); DSST (HR Management); TECEP Mktg. Sales Management (or Mktg Communications); TECEP Operations Management. SL is a good option where possible.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Are discussion questions becoming irrelevant with AI?? Vle045 26 1,253 08-19-2024, 04:43 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  DSST Scoring Wait Time TestMan314 0 175 07-18-2024, 02:42 PM
Last Post: TestMan314
  Quickest/Most inexpensive credit banking? Calstar 10 1,984 07-10-2024, 09:36 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The American Dream Academy Closing 4/30 Questions SophiaPrincess 14 2,533 05-08-2024, 12:15 AM
Last Post: upgrayedd
  DSST practice Exams for BUS LAW II? doloresramirez 6 456 05-06-2024, 02:38 AM
Last Post: doloresramirez
  Credit Banking & cheap/free credits - Asking for a friend SweetSecret 8 2,258 04-25-2024, 07:52 PM
Last Post: SophiaPrincess
  Questions regarding IDSS (through the MITx micromaster for data science path) blablablox 0 504 03-06-2024, 09:58 AM
Last Post: blablablox
  Business Insider/MSN - College, Grad, Money Articles bjcheung77 4 619 08-17-2023, 11:07 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Art of the Western World, Has anyone taken the DSST? jessjoy23 26 7,056 02-13-2023, 11:29 PM
Last Post: Danielcraig007
  Is It Worth the Money to Get a College Degree? Lets Do the Math and Find Out! LevelUP 20 2,643 02-08-2023, 07:27 PM
Last Post: davewill