Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
Questions regarding DSST Money and Banking - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Main Category (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Main-Category)
+--- Forum: General Education-Related Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-General-Education-Related-Discussion)
+--- Thread: Questions regarding DSST Money and Banking (/Thread-Questions-regarding-DSST-Money-and-Banking)

Pages: 1 2

Questions regarding DSST Money and Banking - Jody7818 - 11-09-2015

Is there an alternative to taking the Money and Banking DSST? It doesn't look like it's going to be available any time soon. Is this an absolute requirement for TESC? Is there another course/test that could be substituted instead?

Questions regarding DSST Money and Banking - dfrecore - 11-09-2015

What degree are you looking at? I don't think this is a requirement for any TESC degree. It's listed in the "Electives" area for a finance degree, but it certainly isn't a requirement. UofIdaho-IS has this course though, if you really want to take it.

Questions regarding DSST Money and Banking - Jody7818 - 11-11-2015

dfrecore Wrote:What degree are you looking at? I don't think this is a requirement for any TESC degree. It's listed in the "Electives" area for a finance degree, but it certainly isn't a requirement. UofIdaho-IS has this course though, if you really want to take it.

I'm looking at the BSBA in General Mgt from TESC. If it's only an elective, then I'll take something else in it's place. Hoping someone can confirm this.

Questions regarding DSST Money and Banking - dfrecore - 11-11-2015

If you look at the General Management degree page online, under Area of Study it shows each of the 4 areas. Choose which area you want (Management in your case), and then look at the list of courses, which is a guide to give examples of all of the types of courses you can take to fulfill that area of study. Money and Banking is one example in the Finance section. But none of those courses are requirements.

The easiest 5 to take from the list if you want to test out are:
Human Resource Management (DSST, Study.com)
Organizational Behavior (DSST, SL, JumpCourse, Study.com)
Operations Management (TECEP)
Management Information Systems (DSST)
Project Management (Sophia)

You need 6 total, 4 UL (I think), the above 5 are all UL. There are lots of other options for it though. Just looks for "Management" type courses.

Questions regarding DSST Money and Banking - Jody7818 - 11-12-2015

Thanks for clearing this up. I've taken several of those courses already. I'll definitely look into the Sophia learning for the Proj. Mgt. Thanks.

Questions regarding DSST Money and Banking - SuzanneD - 11-12-2015

Good info. Thanks

Questions regarding DSST Money and Banking - DBRENNAN118 - 01-16-2016

Was planning on taking this one soon. Is it still unavailable? What is the easiest alternative to fulfill the Finance AOS for the BSBA GM?
Drew

Questions regarding DSST Money and Banking - bricabrac - 01-16-2016

DBRENNAN118 Wrote:Was planning on taking this one soon. Is it still unavailable? What is the easiest alternative to fulfill the Finance AOS for the BSBA GM?
Drew

Easy, of course depends on your background but here are a few options
TECEP FIN-321 Security Analysis and Portfolio Management
TECEP FIN-331 Financial Institutions and Markets
Penn Foster Securities and Investments

Not sure about this course. Hopefully a DF member will be able to confirm.
Penn Foster Corporate Finance ???

Questions regarding DSST Money and Banking - johnjaxs - 01-16-2016

Just wanted to mention, but I believe you need one from 3 of the 4 areas of study, having all Management courses will not work. I recommend Straighterline's Managerial Accounting for an easy out with the Accounting area of study as it will transfer over as Cost Accounting. The TECEP Advertising or Sales Management will cover marketing.

Questions regarding DSST Money and Banking - DBRENNAN118 - 02-10-2016

johnjaxs Wrote:Just wanted to mention, but I believe you need one from 3 of the 4 areas of study, having all Management courses will not work. I recommend Straighterline's Managerial Accounting for an easy out with the Accounting area of study as it will transfer over as Cost Accounting. The TECEP Advertising or Sales Management will cover marketing.

That's correct. After researching, my plan is as follows for AOS: SL Cost Accounting (done); DSST Mgt Info Systems; SL Org Behavior (done); DSST (HR Management); TECEP Mktg. Sales Management (or Mktg Communications); TECEP Operations Management. SL is a good option where possible.