Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESC Intellectual/Practical Electives
Hey all,

I'm closing in on my degree (hallelujah) but I need one more class/test to fill out my Intellectual and Practical Skills section. I've already taken the Intro to Computing DSST and I was wondering if there were any other tests I could take that would fit?

I'm thinking -
Information Systems CLEP
Principles of Finance DSST
Principles of Management CLEP

If there are any others, PLEASE let me know, especially if there's something a little easier that I'm missing (I took Marketing and it was a nightmare).

EDIT
I need to fill an elective slot. I'm getting a BA in Social Sciences. I've already finished my Math and English requirements. I've taken Analyzing and Interpreting Lit but they put it in my General Education Electives section and not the Intellectual/Practical skills section.

Tests I've taken:
Intro to Computing DSST
Astronomy DSST
U.S. History I CLEP
U.S History II CLEP
Intro to Psych CLEP
Intro to Edu Psych CLEP
Human Growth and Development CLEP
Intro to Sociology CLEP
Intro to Marketing CLEP
Western Civ I CLEP
Western Civ II CLEP
Intro to Religion DSST
American Lit CLEP
Aubs Wrote:Hey all,

I'm closing in on my degree (hallelujah) but I need one more class/test to fill out my Intellectual and Practical Skills section. I've already taken the Intro to Computing DSST and I was wondering if there were any other tests I could take that would fit?

I'm thinking -
Information Systems CLEP
Principles of Finance DSST
Principles of Management CLEP

If there are any others, PLEASE let me know, especially if there's something a little easier that I'm missing (I took Marketing and it was a nightmare).

information systems clep is a duplicate of intro to computing dsst.
Have you taken TECEP CIS-107? Analyzing and Interpreting Literature? Straighter Line US HISTORY I or II, Technical Writing (TECEP or CLEP)
CCAF Air & Space Operations Technology- COMPLETE
TESC AS - General Managment-COMPLETE
TESC BSBA Computer Information Systems-COMPLETE
WGU MBA IT -COMPLETE
It also depends on which courses you already have in there. Have you taken 6 units of English? Are there any math courses required for your degree (in the BSBA, Statistics and College Algebra are required here). Are you under the old or new catalog? For the new catalog, have you taken your Info Lit? Do you need to take any TECEP's to get your residency?

You probably need to list what you already have in that section, and which degree you're going for, which catalog, and what type of exam/course you want to take.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
dfrecore Wrote:You probably need to list what you already have in that section, and which degree you're going for, which catalog, and what type of exam/course you want to take.
Yep

Wink
BA History 2014 - TESC

The Lord is my shepherd. Psalm 23

"I'm going on an adventure!' ~AUJ
"It is our fight." ~DoS
"I am not alone." ~BotFA
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that's given to us." ~FotR
"There is still hope." ~TTT
"Courage..." "This day, we fight!" ~RotK

CLEP: A&I Lit 74 ~ Am Lit 73 ~ Eng Lit 72 ~ Humanities 75 ~ College Math 77 ~ Western Civ I 63 ~ Western Civ II 69 ~ Natural Sci 64 ~ US History I 76 ~ US History II 69 ~ Sociology 68 ~ Am Gov 69 ~ Social Sci & Hist 71 ~ College Comp 61 ~ Marketing 70 ~ Management 66 ~ Psychology 67

DSST: Supervision 453 ~ Tech Writing 61 ~ Computing 427 ~ Middle East 65 ~ Soviet Union 65 ~ Vietnam War 74 ~[COLOR="#0099cc"] Civil War 68

[/COLOR]Other: College+ Biblical Social Justice B ~ ECE World Conflicts Since 1900 A

TESC courses: Capstone A ~ Leaders in History A ~ Photography 101 A- ~ Games People Play A ~ International Relations A- ~ Mass Communications I A

$5 off IC - 59690
My hair jewelry business
Sorry, thought I'd specified that (studying for midterms, brain is fried). It's an elective I need to fill. I'm getting a BA in Social Sciences. I've already finished my Math and English requirements. I've taken Analyzing and Interpreting Lit but they put it in my General Education Electives section and not the Intellectual/Practical skills section. I've taken no TECEPs due to financial restrictions I believe (grant money or financial aid didn't cover it, can't remember which one).

Tests I've taken:
Intro to Computing DSST
Astronomy DSST
U.S. History I CLEP
U.S History II CLEP
Intro to Psych CLEP
Intro to Edu Psych CLEP
Human Growth and Development CLEP
Intro to Sociology CLEP
Intro to Marketing CLEP
Western Civ I CLEP
Western Civ II CLEP
Intro to Religion DSST
American Lit CLEP
Is this for the new 2016 catalog? If so, I would contact them and have them move A&I Lit to Info Lit. I just had to do something similar, they fixed it in less than 12 hours (overnight). If it's the old catalog, then it probably would be in GenEd, since there's no Info Lit requirement.

TECEP's are $111 each, so not much more than CLEP/DSST's (if you count the $20 or so in proctor fees most places charge).
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ASNSM Mathematics AOS Electives shadowgem 8 2,225 08-21-2018, 02:43 PM
Last Post: shadowgem
  First Post - TESC Academic Evaluation Questions npk32 34 6,476 07-18-2018, 01:03 PM
Last Post: npk32
  TESU free electives Tripletmom 1 1,386 06-29-2018, 05:41 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Using electives in BSBA to get most of a Psychology degree done Dowew 3 1,341 06-07-2018, 05:30 AM
Last Post: davewill
Question Psych electives for TESC Psych degree KatePsychology 4 1,621 02-08-2018, 11:08 AM
Last Post: jsd
  Help with Academic Eval TESC jayboy 8 2,408 02-01-2018, 02:46 PM
  Does it matter which electives go into the degree slots? Ideas 2 1,458 01-20-2018, 01:06 AM
  Newbie looking for a roadmap for TESC associate degree in computer science nevsage 6 4,285 01-04-2018, 11:11 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  ajs1976 TESC BSBA accountability thread ajs1976 41 11,517 01-02-2018, 11:27 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Choosing General Electives cleper123 3 1,708 12-22-2017, 01:34 AM
Last Post: Ideas