Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Straighterline two free courses and TESC
I am just now starting to pursue a BSBA at TESC. I have not mapped out degree plan yet but wanted to see which of these classes would be the best to take for credit toward BSBA at TESC:
Try a Free Self-Paced Online College Lesson | StraighterLine
Just incase you don't already have this, it's useful for planning with SL: Thomas Edison State College Course Equivalency Guide | StraighterLine

I preferred using them to DSST/CLEP, because I could take the finals at home. It also worked out cheaper for me. If you have questions on a specific course, I will be happy to try to help.
Currently studying for: Still deciding.

Done!
2020 - Harvard Extension School - ALM IT Management 
2019 - Harvard Extension School - Graduate Certificate Data Science
2018 - Harvard Extension School - Graduate Certificate Cyber Security
2016 - WGU - MBA Mgmt & Strategy
2015 - Thomas Edison State College - BSBA Marketing & CIS
I see that you took into to world religion at SL, where did TESC apply this credit for you? I see in Sanatones guide that the clep fits under information literacy, by that the SL course falls under a different category, just wondering if TESC applies SL world religion to information literacy as well.
They do say "two free lessons" not "two free courses" meaning you can get a free head start but not likely free credit.
Old Guy Wrote:They do say "two free lessons" not "two free courses" meaning you can get a free head start but not likely free credit.

Good catch! Wish it wasn't the case as I wanted to take a free course to replace a previous one I completed (barely) when I was younger and dumber.
MS CSIA From WGU - December 2018
B.S. Cybersecurity - COSC - August 2016
A.S. - COSC - May 2015
It's a bummer- it's two lessons, if you want to finish the class you have to pay. I am looking for a code though, if I find one I'll post- would love anyone else to do the same.
I don't know who this code will help but I got this email:

Take $20 Off Your Next Course
Use promo code KEEPGOING2015 at checkout.
Hurry offer ends September 5, 2015 at 11:59pm EST.
Hey guys..I'm about to start my spouse on SL. Any new promo codes out there?

EDIT: I found one for $20 bucks off. SAVEREV20 (Expires 9/29/15)

If anybody has others, please let me know!
CLEPS Passed: 10 DSST Passed: 11 TECEPS: 1

PrLoko-isms
Don't waste time by trying to save time. The only sure way to complete your degree is to knock out credits quickly and efficiently.

Don't let easiness bite you in the rear. Know your endgame (where you want to be) and plan backward from there. Your education is a means to an end.

Be honest professionally, socially and academically. There are people (especially little ones) who look up to you and they're going by your example.

Be proud. Whether you're an Engineer or Fast Food worker, there is honor and dignity in hard work.

Picking on people weaker than you only proves that you are a weak person.
BGS310
Buy 1 course and get your 2nd course free.

Promo code is valued at $49. Discount is applied when courses are purchased in conjunction with a $99 monthly membership.
EZSAVE
Take $20 off any course.

Discount is applied to the total cart value.
PSAFCF
Get a free course valued at $49.

FTEFCF
Get your first course free! ($49 value).

It looks like you did a coupon search! I did the same and found those also. I was about to post, but ya beat me to it..
CLEPS Passed: 10 DSST Passed: 11 TECEPS: 1

PrLoko-isms
Don't waste time by trying to save time. The only sure way to complete your degree is to knock out credits quickly and efficiently.

Don't let easiness bite you in the rear. Know your endgame (where you want to be) and plan backward from there. Your education is a means to an end.

Be honest professionally, socially and academically. There are people (especially little ones) who look up to you and they're going by your example.

Be proud. Whether you're an Engineer or Fast Food worker, there is honor and dignity in hard work.

Picking on people weaker than you only proves that you are a weak person.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Does TESU put the free Ethics class from the Institutes as a grade or just as credit? Jenna.C 19 6,136 09-14-2018, 12:27 AM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Courses/Exams at a Cheaper Price and TESU Admissions Question UnbreakablyDetermined 12 5,067 09-09-2018, 08:41 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Are there any Shmoop courses that Charter Oak will accept as upper level? nosey561 2 2,305 08-30-2018, 05:55 PM
Last Post: nosey561
  TESU September Graduation: Adding extra courses to transcript by latest 08/31/2018? Nightmoves5 7 2,368 08-19-2018, 01:03 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Liberal Studies General Coursework won't be filled by BUS or CIS courses? posabsolute 5 1,895 08-01-2018, 04:44 PM
Last Post: Lewis.Yim
  CIS vs COS courses for a BALS concentration in CS at TESU jeffreymb 1 1,374 07-25-2018, 10:37 AM
Last Post: posabsolute
  First Post - TESC Academic Evaluation Questions npk32 34 6,475 07-18-2018, 01:03 PM
Last Post: npk32
  TESU Psychology courses & grad school prospects. advancedmemetics 5 1,959 07-06-2018, 11:35 AM
Last Post: sanantone
  TESU free electives Tripletmom 1 1,385 06-29-2018, 05:41 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Two More UL Courses and Capstone MrBossmanJr 17 4,033 06-27-2018, 08:13 AM
Last Post: MrBossmanJr