Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fast Masters Degree?
Getiton1 Wrote:What's NCU?

I'm going to assume NorthCentral University. Info on the degree here...

Management MBA, Online MBA in Management | Northcentral University

(of course I could be wrong but it is a 10 course MBA called NCU .... so it's a fair guess at least) good luck
I did one in 10 months from a RA State school taking the maximum load. 12 units in each of spring, summer, fall.
My favorite search engine google.com
I've got two weeks left to go in my program, which I started almost exactly a year before. 5 week classes, a couple one week breaks between classes.

Hmm. Two weeks... Wait, two weeks? What am I doing on here? I need to finish this lit review and update my research findings. Eeesh.
Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Wile E. Coyote, genius. I am not selling anything nor am I working my way through college, so let's get down to basics: you are a rabbit and I am going to eat you for supper. Now don't try to get away, I am more muscular, more cunning, faster and larger than you are, and I am a genius, while you could hardly pass the entrance examinations to kindergarten, so I'll give you the customary two minutes to say your prayers.

Bachelor of Science in PsychoRabbitology degree
Master of Education with a specialty in Rabbit-specific destructive munitions (or eLearning & Technology, I forget which)
Doctor of Philosophy in Wile E. Leadership with an area of specialty in Acme Mind Expansion - 2017 Hopefully
Thanks for clarifying the name of the University.

Thatch Wrote:I'm going to assume NorthCentral University. Info on the degree here...

Management MBA, Online MBA in Management | Northcentral University

(of course I could be wrong but it is a 10 course MBA called NCU .... so it's a fair guess at least) good luck
Tara

I'm done!Smile Thanks to InstantCert, Study.com, ALEKS, CLEP and a LOT of work on my part and a lot of support from hubby and family. If I can do it, so can you! 

Degrees:
Thomas Edison State College (TESC) - Bachelor of Science Nursing; RN, BSN (Graduated in the top of 1/4 of class with Sigma Theta Tau honors)
+ 3 courses completed towards MSN.
Excelsior College (EC) - Associates in Applied Science (passed NCLEX- RN exam and became a Registered Nurse)

The test's Passed (CLEP'S, DSST's, ALEK's, etc.):
Credits/Course
3          Introduction to Sociology
3          Lifespan and Developmental Psychology
3          Humanities (64)
3          History of the United States I (60)
3          History of the United States II (65)
3          American Government (54)
6          Biology (58)
6          Analyzing and Interpreting Literature (67)
3          Principals of Management (72)
3          ALEKS: Intermediate Algebra
3          CLEP Intro to Psych
3          ALEKS: Statistics

YOU CAN DO IT!!![Image: smile.png]
Yes NCU is the fastest ticket to a masters. I finished my MBA in around 7 months and that was while doing my second bachelors degree.
I now have 6 credits in education from USF and a few from VESI and it would be fun to see how fast I could get a MEd at NCU with some transfer credit. I'd like to be able to say I could do it in 4 months if I only had to take 8 classes. 4 months is 16 weeks and I can finish 1 class in two weeks at my absolute fastest pace at NCU. The really cool thing is that if you have access to the syllabus you can start working on NCU classes prior to enrolling.

Each syllabus has 8 assignments so once you get the required textbooks and gain access to scholarly research libraries you can begin working the assignments. One could conceivably complete all assignments in all classes prior to enrolling. Once enrolled and registered for a class, you would upload your papers in series and wait for the course to "complete" when all papers are graded.
BSBA CIS from TESC, BA Natural Science/Math from TESC
MBA Applied Computer Science from NCU
Enrolled at NCU in the PhD Applied Computer Science
Is there any benefit of getting an MBA with an attached "major"?

The fact that people are saying you can finish the NCU program quickly I was checking out their programs, but I don't understand why I'd want an MBA in criminal justice or homeland security....:confused:

If one were trying to move up the civil servant(LEO) ladder wouldn't a plain old MA/MS be more beneficial?
BA in Social Science-TESC
Arnold Fletcher Award

[h=1]“Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.” ~Thomas Edison[/h]
ryoder Wrote:Yes NCU is the fastest ticket to a masters. I finished my MBA in around 7 months and that was while doing my second bachelors degree.
I now have 6 credits in education from USF and a few from VESI and it would be fun to see how fast I could get a MEd at NCU with some transfer credit. I'd like to be able to say I could do it in 4 months if I only had to take 8 classes. 4 months is 16 weeks and I can finish 1 class in two weeks at my absolute fastest pace at NCU. The really cool thing is that if you have access to the syllabus you can start working on NCU classes prior to enrolling.

Each syllabus has 8 assignments so once you get the required textbooks and gain access to scholarly research libraries you can begin working the assignments. One could conceivably complete all assignments in all classes prior to enrolling. Once enrolled and registered for a class, you would upload your papers in series and wait for the course to "complete" when all papers are graded.
I think YOU would have sailed through the WGU MBA in well under 6 months.
MBA, Western Governors University February 2014
BS Charter Oak State College November 2011
AS in EMS August 2010

I'm always happy to complete the free application waiver for those applying to WGU (I get a free gift from WGU for this).  Just PM me your first/last name and a valid email so I can complete their form.

Thread; COSC AS using FEMA http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...total.html
ironheadjack Wrote:Is there any benefit of getting an MBA with an attached "major"?

The fact that people are saying you can finish the NCU program quickly I was checking out their programs, but I don't understand why I'd want an MBA in criminal justice or homeland security....:confused:

If one were trying to move up the civil servant(LEO) ladder wouldn't a plain old MA/MS be more beneficial?

If you want to move up in law enforcement, any degree would do. If you want to move up in corrections, a degree in criminal justice is preferred. As any other type of civil servant, an MBA or MPA should be fine for most jobs. An MBA with a concentration in CJ or homeland security is weird, however, the business-related concentrations would be helpful.

If you have an employer that's willing to pay for the MBA or if you have $22k to spend, then I think NCU is fine. For me, I'd rather suffer through a 1-year or 18-month MBA program that costs less than $10k.

Two years ago, I said I would finish my masters in 18 months. I ended up finishing in 14 months, but had to wait a couple of months for graduation. I had a classmate who finished in 12 months. With the Texas grant, I spent less than $11k.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
rebel100 Wrote:I think YOU would have sailed through the WGU MBA in well under 6 months.

Maybe so but a guy I work with said the tests were difficult. Test anxiety might have kept me from taking them until I was well beyond over prepared.
I was seriously considering the MSIA and even started working on certs prior to enrolling. I like to get ahead of the curve especially when it lowers my anxiety and cost.

Congrats on graduating btw.
BSBA CIS from TESC, BA Natural Science/Math from TESC
MBA Applied Computer Science from NCU
Enrolled at NCU in the PhD Applied Computer Science
sanantone Wrote:If you want to move up in law enforcement, any degree would do. If you want to move up in corrections, a degree in criminal justice is preferred. As any other type of civil servant, an MBA or MPA should be fine for most jobs.

If you have an employer that's willing to pay for the MBA or if you have $22k to spend, then I think NCU is fine. For me, I'd rather suffer through a 1-year or 18-month MBA program that costs less than $10k..... With the Texas grant, I spent less than $11k.

For most government jobs, cost isn't so much of an issue. Most government employees can have their loan balance forgiven after 10 years of on time payments....and the payments are based on income. So say a student earns an MBA and has $50,000 in student loans: Their monthly payment is around $100 per month (based on $30k annual salary). After 10 years, they would have paid $12k, and the remaining $38k would be forgiven. I know this is not an option for most people, but it is something to think about.
[COLOR="#0000FF"] B.S. - COSC (December, 2013) :hurray:
20-Community College Courses (2004-2006)
80-Semester Hours at Western Governors University (2010-2012)
15-Charter Oak State College (2013)
12-CLEP
3-DSST
6-FEMA
If I can do it, ANYONE can do it![/COLOR]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Beginners Guide To Getting Cheap/Fast College Credit bjcheung77 17 174,263 09-16-2024, 07:29 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Degree plan help RajSingh 9 464 09-12-2024, 04:26 PM
Last Post: RajSingh
  OSU Post-Bacc BSCS degree name about to change sialiblo 8 1,609 09-11-2024, 01:43 AM
Last Post: elytrarowlock
  Seeking Advice on Free Online Courses as a Non-Degree Student rickrick 6 457 09-09-2024, 05:19 PM
Last Post: ArshveerCheema
  Online Ivy League degree programs that require less than a week on campus sanantone 32 9,033 08-29-2024, 06:52 PM
Last Post: ifomonay
  Already a software engineer, degree worth it? mahaganapati 40 6,508 08-16-2024, 03:32 AM
Last Post: Leojames26
  Spanish courses for Spanish degree rachel83az 19 2,482 07-24-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
  Affordable Math degree for non-US (international) citizen OtterDen 22 1,654 07-17-2024, 09:36 PM
Last Post: OtterDen
  Online Electrical Engineering Degree OtterDen 5 834 07-09-2024, 10:01 PM
Last Post: OtterDen
  U.S. Department of Education considers a degree as a high school equivalency ArshveerCheema 15 2,047 05-25-2024, 03:14 PM
Last Post: ArshveerCheema