Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fast Masters Degree?
Sterling Archer Wrote:I found this 11 month MBA program from Univ. of Colorado. Idk why it costs twice as much as a 2 year MBA. They also have normal paced MBA programs 100% online.

Earn your MBA in less than 1 year | 11-Month MBA | Business School | University of Colorado Denver

"Classes are held Monday through Friday between 9:00am and 3:40pm. Our schedule consists of five eight-week terms and one two-week international course abroad:"
It's another non-cheap option, but I'm 1/2 way through my M.Ed in Curriculum and Instruction at Concordia University - Portland. In fact tomorrow officially ends the 5th class of 10, and I started the program the last week of Feb. Classes are 5 weeks long and generally have assignments due 5-6 days a week at midnight, PST. Usually 2 discussions, responses to those, and a paper or another discussion, or two papers and a discussion, so on. Usually you can get the teachers to work with you if you can't quite keep the schedule, though. The instructors have been hit and miss... Some laughably bad and some really good.

It's about $19k for the program though (But I ended up with free books and an iPad mini). I should be done in March - though I don't know how the holiday season is going to affect things. And it is a Lutheran school, if that matters, as well, so you get a bit of scripture and morality tucked into the classes.

Edit - Oh, yeah, it's an R.A. non-profit with a B&M Campus (and sports team Go Cavs!) if that makes any difference. It costs a bit more than other options, but as a CC Level adjunct instructor (at a 'professional college', well, two as of next week) the Masters degree is opening up quite a few doors. Right now I can only teach computer-related classes (w/ a B.S., 20 years experience, and a buttload of certs), but when my M.Ed. is conferred, I'll be able to teach Psych, English Lit, Math (ugh - not gonna happen) and other misc. Gen-ed courses. More courses, more money and opportunities for me.
Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Wile E. Coyote, genius. I am not selling anything nor am I working my way through college, so let's get down to basics: you are a rabbit and I am going to eat you for supper. Now don't try to get away, I am more muscular, more cunning, faster and larger than you are, and I am a genius, while you could hardly pass the entrance examinations to kindergarten, so I'll give you the customary two minutes to say your prayers.

Bachelor of Science in PsychoRabbitology degree
Master of Education with a specialty in Rabbit-specific destructive munitions (or eLearning & Technology, I forget which)
Doctor of Philosophy in Wile E. Leadership with an area of specialty in Acme Mind Expansion - 2017 Hopefully
Well, I'm finally at the end of my M.B.A. journey at WGU. Although "life" happened a few times during my 30 months of WGU, it can definitely be done in less than a year and probably much easier than cleps/dsst's. If i had the time, and the right guidance in the beginning, it could've been done in 9 months.

The key is to focus on the tasks, not the reading or coursework. If you work backwards from the written tasks, you can finish quickly without spending time with information that doesn't help you pass the courses. There were only two "difficult" courses, Financial and Decision Analysts. I suggest taking these classes first, or last.

. . . . After nearly five years (including taking 1 1/2 years off) I'm finally DONE with school. zero credits to an M.B.A., less than 20k.

If I can do it, you can too, simply network on this board, study instacert and believe, believe, believe!

Rhashad Hicks
Liberty University, DBA
starting 02/2023

Western Governors University, MBA
Organization & Strategy 2013
Educational Design 2021

TESC Bachelors (18 Months)
American History 2011

CLEP
English Comp w/essay | A & I literature | American Government | Prin. of Management | Prin. of Marketing | Intro to computers | Business Law | Intro to Sociology | Psychology | social sciences & history | U.S. History I | U.S. History II | Human Growth & Dev. | Educational Psych | Microeconomics | Macroeconomics

DANTES
Civil War & Recon. | Technical Writing | Prin. of Supervision | History of Vietnam | Organizational Behavior | Substance abuse | Management Info Systems | Intro to Business | Principles of Counseling | Modern Middle East

ALEKS
Beg. Algebra | Intermediate Algebra | Pre-Calculus | Business Statistics

STRAIGHTERLINE
Accounting I | Accounting II
Rhashad, can you give a little bit more information concerning your experience with WGU, because you mentioned you would have done much better if you had guidance... Apart from what you've already included concerning focusing more on the tasks, and not the writings. Can you be more specific, since i have yet to see what you're talking about. Can you please give me a step by step of what to example of what to look for, how its all laid out, and what to expect?
nvm realized this was an old thread
2014 MBA Management & Strategy - WGU
2013 BS
Nuclear Energy Engineering Technology - TESC
[SIZE=2]
2013 AS
Nuclear Engineering Technology - TESC

[/SIZE]
Nicely done!
Tara

I'm done!Smile Thanks to InstantCert, Study.com, ALEKS, CLEP and a LOT of work on my part and a lot of support from hubby and family. If I can do it, so can you! 

Degrees:
Thomas Edison State College (TESC) - Bachelor of Science Nursing; RN, BSN (Graduated in the top of 1/4 of class with Sigma Theta Tau honors)
+ 3 courses completed towards MSN.
Excelsior College (EC) - Associates in Applied Science (passed NCLEX- RN exam and became a Registered Nurse)

The test's Passed (CLEP'S, DSST's, ALEK's, etc.):
Credits/Course
3          Introduction to Sociology
3          Lifespan and Developmental Psychology
3          Humanities (64)
3          History of the United States I (60)
3          History of the United States II (65)
3          American Government (54)
6          Biology (58)
6          Analyzing and Interpreting Literature (67)
3          Principals of Management (72)
3          ALEKS: Intermediate Algebra
3          CLEP Intro to Psych
3          ALEKS: Statistics

YOU CAN DO IT!!![Image: smile.png]
So, any new master's recipients out there who earned a degree quickly? If so, where and how long?
I went to a brick and mortar school and it took me 2 years.
Great job sir!!
[COLOR="#0000FF"] B.S. - COSC (December, 2013) :hurray:
20-Community College Courses (2004-2006)
80-Semester Hours at Western Governors University (2010-2012)
15-Charter Oak State College (2013)
12-CLEP
3-DSST
6-FEMA
If I can do it, ANYONE can do it![/COLOR]
What's NCU?

ryoder Wrote:NCU has a 10 course MBA program that can be completed in as little as 6 months.
Tara

I'm done!Smile Thanks to InstantCert, Study.com, ALEKS, CLEP and a LOT of work on my part and a lot of support from hubby and family. If I can do it, so can you! 

Degrees:
Thomas Edison State College (TESC) - Bachelor of Science Nursing; RN, BSN (Graduated in the top of 1/4 of class with Sigma Theta Tau honors)
+ 3 courses completed towards MSN.
Excelsior College (EC) - Associates in Applied Science (passed NCLEX- RN exam and became a Registered Nurse)

The test's Passed (CLEP'S, DSST's, ALEK's, etc.):
Credits/Course
3          Introduction to Sociology
3          Lifespan and Developmental Psychology
3          Humanities (64)
3          History of the United States I (60)
3          History of the United States II (65)
3          American Government (54)
6          Biology (58)
6          Analyzing and Interpreting Literature (67)
3          Principals of Management (72)
3          ALEKS: Intermediate Algebra
3          CLEP Intro to Psych
3          ALEKS: Statistics

YOU CAN DO IT!!![Image: smile.png]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Beginners Guide To Getting Cheap/Fast College Credit bjcheung77 17 174,256 09-16-2024, 07:29 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Degree plan help RajSingh 9 464 09-12-2024, 04:26 PM
Last Post: RajSingh
  OSU Post-Bacc BSCS degree name about to change sialiblo 8 1,607 09-11-2024, 01:43 AM
Last Post: elytrarowlock
  Seeking Advice on Free Online Courses as a Non-Degree Student rickrick 6 455 09-09-2024, 05:19 PM
Last Post: ArshveerCheema
  Online Ivy League degree programs that require less than a week on campus sanantone 32 9,031 08-29-2024, 06:52 PM
Last Post: ifomonay
  Already a software engineer, degree worth it? mahaganapati 40 6,508 08-16-2024, 03:32 AM
Last Post: Leojames26
  Spanish courses for Spanish degree rachel83az 19 2,480 07-24-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
  Affordable Math degree for non-US (international) citizen OtterDen 22 1,652 07-17-2024, 09:36 PM
Last Post: OtterDen
  Online Electrical Engineering Degree OtterDen 5 834 07-09-2024, 10:01 PM
Last Post: OtterDen
  U.S. Department of Education considers a degree as a high school equivalency ArshveerCheema 15 2,043 05-25-2024, 03:14 PM
Last Post: ArshveerCheema