Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Humanities-I PASSED!
Hi all! I just took my Humanities CLEP test and passed. As with my prior test of Here's to your Health...i just barely passed!! But hey the fact that I passed is just great. So I only need 3 more units in Science to be done with My BS in Criminal Justice. In case anyone is taking the test anytime soon, I just studied the IC flashcards and tried to look up the ones I got wrong on Wikipedia, which was also a great tool. I purchased the CLEP general exam book but after taking the pre-test I realized that it was out dated (2005). My advice would be constant review of IC flashcards and seperate the authors, poets, and artists in their seperate centuries. Also know a couple of the art and literary movements (i.e. fauvism, cubism, dadaism). I would also say to know what certain plays are about (Hamlet, Macbeth) and certain books (Cant. Tales, Great Gatsby). That is all I can think of. Good luck to those of you who are studying to take the test. The Peterson's practice test was harder than the real test but I am glad I took it and studied from it. It helped.Smile
WOO HOO!!!!! CONGRATS!!!!

When are you taking your next 3 credit science test? And then you're done!
Congrats!! All of this feedback I just mentally store away for the future. Wink
Big Grin Matymus Primehilarious
Waterloo, NY
Excelsior College
B.S. General Business, Class of 2008

Fall 2011 - currently pursuing Pre-Pharmacy
CONGRATULATIONS lobos! I know that test is one of the harder ones to study for, so you did good in passing. And thanks for the excellent feedback, which I will gladly copy & paste into the specific exam feedback section.

Well done!

JoAnne Smile
BS - General Business - June 2007
Excelsior College
Quote:All of this feedback I just mentally store away for the future.

Actually, you think it might be safer to copy and paste into a Word.doc - one for each test?Cool

BIG CONGRATS and thanks for sharing the infoBig Grin
Thank you everyone!! If it wasn't for IC and the forums and feedback I woudl still be stuck in a class wasting time and a whole lot of money!!Big Grin
Yes I only have 3 units left and I found out I can take a science/technology test and I will be done. Which is great since I am not a science person. Thinking of either CLEP "Info Systems & Computer Apps" or DSST "Management Info Systems". Any suggestions? Again thank you to all in the IC family!!!!!!Wink
[SIZE="3"]Congrats!![/SIZE]
ShotoJuku +
A.S., B.S., M.S., MBA
IC Forums Senior Super Moderator  
Passing It On & Paying It Forward To All Just Starting or Completing Their Educational Journey!

Shoto's Passing Your Exam Advice Here --->   http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...#post59179
God Bless The USA :patriot:
Lobos10 Wrote:I found out I can take a science/technology test and I will be done. Which is great since I am not a science person. Thinking of either CLEP "Info Systems & Computer Apps" or DSST "Management Info Systems". Any suggestions?

Lobos,

Does it matter for your degree whether it is an upper or lower level exam?? If not, I would recommend the CLEP Info Systems exam, which is a lower level exam (meaning it will be "easier"), whereas the DSST MIS test is an upper level exam.

Good luck!

JoAnne Smile
BS - General Business - June 2007
Excelsior College
Yes, I agree. I have recently taken both. The CLEP test was easier. I would lean towards that one.
Congrats on your pass lobos!

I've taken both of these also and the rest are right. If the Clep works for your degree, it is simpler than the MIS exam.
Kate
BS Psychology

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Kim did it after 4 tries! <baby bar passed> bjcheung77 9 1,699 04-23-2024, 06:55 AM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  Why Majoring in the Humanities Can Be a Great Career Move allvia 1 449 10-08-2023, 12:58 PM
Last Post: Pats20
  Humanities Degrees and Stem Degrees Deserve Equal Respect LevelUP 12 2,657 03-10-2022, 07:54 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Passed the CISSP Exam jamshid666 5 2,059 09-27-2021, 01:58 PM
Last Post: jamshid666
  Passed the CHFI Exam jamshid666 9 1,749 07-17-2021, 06:40 PM
Last Post: jamshid666
  Humanities Works Alpha 17 2,768 02-07-2021, 09:52 PM
Last Post: Alpha
  Passed Environment & Humanity DSST (feedback included) journey 9 3,455 06-06-2019, 06:29 AM
Last Post: FishNDip
  Passed Intro to Psych CLEP...which next? S.Tesla 3 1,349 04-17-2019, 11:58 PM
Last Post: TryHardDieHard
  Passed CLEP Financial Accounting with a 65!!! mecurtis 4 1,701 02-06-2019, 04:15 PM
Last Post: ericamead21
  Passed Educational Psychology with a 74! zapproximator 2 1,332 09-28-2018, 08:51 PM
Last Post: Supermind