Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
American government clep exam
I take American government clep exam this Saturday, Ive been studying using instantcert and I also have been using the american government cliff notes book, should I just foscus on the material in instantcert it seems instantcert covers a lot what is in the cliff notes book?
Thanks
Shark101 Wrote:I take American government clep exam this Saturday, Ive been studying using instantcert and I also have been using the american government cliff notes book, should I just foscus on the material in instantcert it seems instantcert covers a lot what is in the cliff notes book?
Thanks

[SIZE="3"]Use both and you will do fine. Know your US Constitution well - GOOD LUCK!! [/SIZE]
ShotoJuku Wrote:[SIZE="3"]Use both and you will do fine. Know your US Constitution well - GOOD LUCK!! [/SIZE]
Thanks for the tip
I thought this test was harder than it "should" have been. I was kind of irked to only get a 59. But I only studied using Instacert for a couple of days, and I did pass, so I wasn't too upset.
sirjake Wrote:I thought this test was harder than it "should" have been. I was kind of irked to only get a 59. But I only studied using Instacert for a couple of days, and I did pass, so I wasn't too upset.
I share your feeling, I too only studied *lightly* from Instantcert, feeling I knew my American Government fairly well; after all, I listen to NPR regularly and follow government proceedings. Admittedly I thought this was a pass/fail exam at Excelsior, but in fact it was a graded exam. I scored a 62, earning me a B. This should have been an easy A, and I will retake when the 6 months pass.

As ShotoJuku said, know your Constitution. Good luck!
anar579 Wrote:I share your feeling, I too only studied *lightly* from Instantcert, feeling I knew my American Government fairly well; after all, I listen to NPR regularly and follow government proceedings. Admittedly I thought this was a pass/fail exam at Excelsior, but in fact it was a graded exam. I scored a 62, earning me a B. This should have been an easy A, and I will retake when the 6 months pass.

As ShotoJuku said, know your Constitution. Good luck!
I think it is messed up that exclesior college requires a grade and a lot of insititutions dont, the college that will accept my clep credit for AG accepts this as a pass/fail.
I'm actually curious about Excelsior's grading system. Do they have a PDF or some other type of document that details what each credit by examination exam is worth? (both CLEP and Dantes?) I'm not familiar enough with their site to find it easily (if at all).

Thanks.
Excelsior's website does leave a bit to be desired. The pdf document you're looking for is called "A Student Guide to Credit by Examination at Excelsior College". Use the search function on the site and put in CLEP. One of the links from the page should be to this pdf (though you'll need a MyEC account).

The latest pdf I read breaks down like this:

Coure: A, B, C
American Literature: 64, 55, 50
English Literature: 67, 55, 60
American Government: 69, 58, 50
Macroeconomics: 61, 54, 50
Microeconomics: 60, 54, 50
College Algebra: 60, 54, 50
Management: 60, 56, 50

The language exams have a specific cut off for 12 credits vs 6 credits but not for letter grades. All other exams are 50 to pass.

Many exams just recently changed to PASS/FAIL instead of a grade. I guess those exams recently changed or something so they don't yet have enough info on them to create a grading scale. Nearly every DANTES has grades assigned to it so let me know if you need a specific one if you can't find the pdf, or I can e-mail you the pdf.
sirjake Wrote:I'm actually curious about Excelsior's grading system. Do they have a PDF or some other type of document that details what each credit by examination exam is worth? (both CLEP and Dantes?) I'm not familiar enough with their site to find it easily (if at all).

Thanks.
Here's a link to Excelsior's exam score chart:
https://www.excelsior.edu/portal/page?_p...ema=PORTAL
Thanks! Just what I was looking for.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  English 2 CLEP Jennr2z 8 1,962 05-18-2024, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Spyrine
  The American Dream Academy (TADA) coming to an end in April 2024 Vle045 55 10,343 05-10-2024, 07:43 PM
Last Post: lisarox
  The American Dream Academy Closing 4/30 Questions SophiaPrincess 14 3,068 05-08-2024, 12:15 AM
Last Post: upgrayedd
  No ACE credits on ACTFL exam? Aikuroa 12 1,962 01-09-2024, 07:05 PM
Last Post: vetvso
  European-American University Degree Mill elcastor21 21 3,961 11-08-2023, 10:18 PM
Last Post: Johann
  Life Experience degree from the Mexican Government itself elcastor21 6 984 09-13-2023, 09:42 PM
Last Post: elcastor21
  Are alternative credits only an American thing? mojave 24 2,850 09-08-2023, 04:14 AM
Last Post: ausernameisneeded
  AP, CLEP, IB, vs others - Comparison/Example bjcheung77 0 708 08-11-2023, 12:12 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SPECIFIC EXAM FEEDBACK SECTION….. ShotoJuku 1 853 04-01-2023, 10:19 PM
Last Post: katsoulis
  American Dream Academy Course Limit? vintage_jacket 13 5,024 02-16-2023, 06:55 PM
Last Post: LevelUP