Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Omg! Failed American Govt by ONE POINT!
I got a 49 this morning on American Government!! AND I NEED THESE UNITS TO GRADUATE BY THE END OF THE MONTH!

I was feeling sick during the exam (and should have cancelled!) and went to the restroom twice. (but still had time to finish, just didn't do so well)

The proctor offered to let them know I was sick to see if I can retest, but said I won't know for another week.

I wonder if I should just start studying for another 3 unit Clep (Im thinking History of the US 2) so I can graduate! Im afraid that if i take this test again, i won't pass.

Has anyone had their test redone? Is the US History 2 Test a good choice after studying American Govt?

Getting scared.

Thank you!
Both U.S. History exams cover the constitutional amendments, as does the American Government exam. But the history exams cover a lot more than just amendments. The REA books and practice tests for the U.S. History exams are very good.

This list Clep Difficulty List - Free-Clep-Prep.com says U.S. History 1 is easier. I thought U.S. History 2 was easier.
63 CLEP Sociology
75 CLEP U.S. History II
63 CLEP College Algebra
70 CLEP Analyzing and Interpreting Literature
68 DSST Technical Writing
72 CLEP U.S. History I
77 CLEP College Mathematics
470 DSST Statistics
53 CLEP College Composition
73 CLEP Biology
54 CLEP Chemistry
77 CLEP Information Systems and Computer Applications
if you have time, can't you wait 6 month andtake this test again?
Can you offer a bit more information? What type of credit do you need? Can it be any gen ed or is it social science specific? If you have until the end of the month there are quite a few tests you could be ready for within two weeks.

quick thoughts-

After studying for american govt I would think dsst law enforcement or intro to criminal justice would be easily doable. Other options CLEP sociolory or psychology (if you've taken psychology you can take HG&D or dsst lifespan development).

If your school accepts PF or SL, you could also do a penn forster or straighterline course within one weeks time. You would then need to get it transferred to ACE and then an ACE transcript sent to your school. Depending on what school you are with it could be a very fast turnaround.

"Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan." -Tom Landry

TESC:
AAS, Admin Studies. 2010
BA, Social Sciences. 2010. Arnold Fletcher Award.
AAS, Environmental, Safety & Security Technologies. 2011
BSBA, General Management. 2011. Arnold Fletcher Award. Sigma Beta Delta (ΣΒΔWink!
Thank you.

I only need 3 units of elective credit (any! but my college only takes CLEP)...and thank you for asking Vicky, but I cannot wait six months.

I'm also smack dab in the middle of finals...so any easy clep recommendations are welcomed!

I've already taken (and passed) English Comp (I know this is not offered anymore), Social Sciences and History, Analyzing and Interpreting Lit, and College Methematics.

I just read that the Principles of Management Clep is fairly easy, according to Free Clep Prep.com, but I have no business classes under my belt, other than a management leadership seminar at work!

Thank you for any and all advice!
What is your degree program? If you have practical business experience I think principles of management would be very doable. Why not run through the cards to see which would be quicker for you to digest. I think its easier to build on subjects in which you already have a strong foundation. Another option would be Sociology since you've already taken and passed SS&H.
Here are a few cliffsnotes links that you can use as well-

prin of mgmt
Principles of Management - CliffsNotes

Sociology
Sociology - CliffsNotes

History II
U.S. History II - CliffsNotes

BTW I have management on audio and sociology study notes. If you want either one just PM me your email address and I will forward to you.

"Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan." -Tom Landry

TESC:
AAS, Admin Studies. 2010
BSBA, General Management. 2011. Arnold Fletcher Award. Sigma Beta Delta (ΣΒΔWink!
Thank you so much for the input.

I'm a sociology major, so I don't think I'm allowed soci clep units as an elective since it's equivilant to the intro soci class at my college that I have already taken.

BUT I think I am going to look into principles of management...phew...starting to feel a lil better already.

This forum rocks!
Yes, the SOC101 clep would duplicate. If you want send me your email address, I have a bunch of prin of mgmt stuff I can shoot over.

TESC:
AAS, Admin Studies. 2010
nadalcyn Wrote:I got a 49 this morning on American Government!! AND I NEED THESE UNITS TO GRADUATE BY THE END OF THE MONTH!

I was feeling sick during the exam (and should have cancelled!) and went to the restroom twice. (but still had time to finish, just didn't do so well)

The proctor offered to let them know I was sick to see if I can retest, but said I won't know for another week.

I wonder if I should just start studying for another 3 unit Clep (Im thinking History of the US 2) so I can graduate! Im afraid that if i take this test again, i won't pass.

Has anyone had their test redone? Is the US History 2 Test a good choice after studying American Govt?

Getting scared.

Thank you!

I failed it to I got a 43 and I was also very sick. I am studying for US 2 I say go for this it seems good.
You are making me more nervous, I have this planned for Wednesday.

What did you have a problem with? Did you take any Peterson practice test? What did you use to study?

If you are a Sociology major I would think any of these CLEP's would not be too hard if you can use them.

Introductory Psychology (3) Human Growth and Development (3) Introduction to Educational Psychology (3)

I have taken them all and they were not bad.
Linda

Start by doing what is necessary: then do the possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible  St Francis of Assisi

Now a retired substitute Teacher in NY, & SC

AA Liberal Studies TESC '08
BA in Natural Science/Mathematics TESC Sept '10
AAS Environmental safety and Security Technology TESC  Dec '12

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Metropolia Open UAS Failed Enrollment? MissRN 12 1,607 07-31-2024, 11:20 AM
Last Post: cro-magnon
  American Public University? nomaduser 44 6,154 05-18-2024, 05:41 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The American Dream Academy (TADA) coming to an end in April 2024 Vle045 55 9,632 05-10-2024, 07:43 PM
Last Post: lisarox
  The American Dream Academy Closing 4/30 Questions SophiaPrincess 14 2,551 05-08-2024, 12:15 AM
Last Post: upgrayedd
Question Should a 10-Point Grading Scale Be The Standard? Ares 6 1,776 02-07-2024, 08:46 PM
Last Post: ltw900rr
  European-American University Degree Mill elcastor21 21 3,655 11-08-2023, 10:18 PM
Last Post: Johann
  Are alternative credits only an American thing? mojave 24 2,691 09-08-2023, 04:14 AM
Last Post: ausernameisneeded
  Degree Mills that were accredited at some point? elcastor21 1 695 09-07-2023, 06:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  UC Berkeley failed to disclose $240 million in funds from China elcastor21 3 680 09-07-2023, 09:59 AM
Last Post: elcastor21
  Finlandia University - Plan didn't work...failed to save itself! bjcheung77 6 1,073 05-19-2023, 10:54 AM
Last Post: cardiacclep