Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
LSU Independent Studies/Distance Learning is now LSU Online Distance Learning - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Main Category (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Main-Category)
+--- Forum: General Education-Related Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-General-Education-Related-Discussion)
+--- Thread: LSU Independent Studies/Distance Learning is now LSU Online Distance Learning (/Thread-LSU-Independent-Studies-Distance-Learning-is-now-LSU-Online-Distance-Learning)

Pages: 1 2

LSU Independent Studies/Distance Learning is now LSU Online Distance Learning - dfrecore - 06-01-2017

They are still self-paced as far as I can tell (6 months to complete the course). Still $728.

They have added some courses as well, and have things that aren't easy to come by anywhere else on our list of inexpensive courses. If you want to take German or Latin, here's the place to do it. They have plenty of interesting Literature, Marketing, Accounting, and Psych courses. And they look to have added some math courses: Multidimensional Calc & Linear Algebra.

LSU Independent Studies/Distance Learning is now LSU Online Distance Learning - bghill - 06-01-2017

Does anybody have any thoughts on the quality of LSU's courses, particularly the accounting courses?

LSU Independent Studies/Distance Learning is now LSU Online Distance Learning - sarg123 - 06-01-2017

bghill Wrote:Does anybody have any thoughts on the quality of LSU's courses, particularly the accounting courses?

Their accounting courses are supposed to be very good - I've read lots of on line positive reviews. They're also very reasonably priced.

I'm not taking them only because they don't accept FAFSA - and I'm taking advantage of my FAFSA eligibility while I can...

LSU Independent Studies/Distance Learning is now LSU Online Distance Learning - npk32 - 06-11-2017

I've taken their Louisiana History course and it's intense - I ended up writing 30+ three to five page papers over the course of 15 modules plus two proctored exams (midterm and final) at three hours apiece and 10+ twenty question quizzes. Definitely not easy credits.

LSU Independent Studies/Distance Learning is now LSU Online Distance Learning - Ideas - 06-11-2017

npk32 Wrote:I've taken their Louisiana History course and it's intense - I ended up writing 30+ three to five page papers over the course of 15 modules plus two proctored exams (midterm and final) at three hours apiece and 10+ twenty question quizzes. Definitely not easy credits.

That's crazy! It seems like 15 SL courses would have been easier.

LSU Independent Studies/Distance Learning is now LSU Online Distance Learning - bjcheung77 - 06-12-2017

Ideas Wrote:That's crazy! It seems like 15 SL courses would have been easier.

LOL, close - but I doubt that. It depends on the courses and it's not always that easy with Straighterline or Study.com

LSU Independent Studies/Distance Learning is now LSU Online Distance Learning - Collegelady2 - 06-12-2017

bjcheung77 Wrote:LOL, close - but I doubt that. It depends on the courses and it's not always that easy with Straighterline or Study.com

Your kidding me right study and straighterline are both cake walks compared to that

LSU Independent Studies/Distance Learning is now LSU Online Distance Learning - bjcheung77 - 06-12-2017

Collegelady2 Wrote:Your kidding me right study and straighterline are both cake walks compared to that

No I am not, Ideas mentioned 15 courses combined... maybe 8-9 courses for that one LSU course, but I doubt much more than that. The LSU course maybe harder and time consuming, but I think it won't take as long as 9 SL or Study.com courses....

LSU Independent Studies/Distance Learning is now LSU Online Distance Learning - Collegelady2 - 06-12-2017

bjcheung77 Wrote:No I am not, Ideas mentioned 15 courses combined... maybe 8-9 courses for that one LSU course, but I doubt much more than that. The LSU course maybe harder and time consuming, but I think it won't take as long as 9 SL or Study.com courses....

9 lol why would anyone in their right mind do that

bjcheung77 Wrote:No I am not, Ideas mentioned 15 courses combined... maybe 8-9 courses for that one LSU course, but I doubt much more than that. The LSU course maybe harder and time consuming, but I think it won't take as long as 9 SL or Study.com courses....

I'll take my 9 sl courses