Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LSU Independent Studies/Distance Learning is now LSU Online Distance Learning
They are still self-paced as far as I can tell (6 months to complete the course). Still $728.

They have added some courses as well, and have things that aren't easy to come by anywhere else on our list of inexpensive courses. If you want to take German or Latin, here's the place to do it. They have plenty of interesting Literature, Marketing, Accounting, and Psych courses. And they look to have added some math courses: Multidimensional Calc & Linear Algebra.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • katsiki
Does anybody have any thoughts on the quality of LSU's courses, particularly the accounting courses?
[-] The following 1 user Likes bghill's post:
  • katsiki
bghill Wrote:Does anybody have any thoughts on the quality of LSU's courses, particularly the accounting courses?

Their accounting courses are supposed to be very good - I've read lots of on line positive reviews. They're also very reasonably priced.

I'm not taking them only because they don't accept FAFSA - and I'm taking advantage of my FAFSA eligibility while I can...
Goal: BSBA in Accounting through TESU, 150 credits, Credits so far: 137/150
Received: A.S. in Business Administration, Aug. 2016

Tests taken so far:
Cleps: Psychology (73), College Composition Modular (65), Social Science and History (67), Humanities (59), Marketing (72), Analyzing and Interpreting  Literature (77)
TECEP: Strategic Management Capstone (72)
Aleks: Statistics (71!)
Davar: International Management (82), Intro to Computing (80), American Government (79), Managerial Communications (70)
Study.com: Personal Finance (92), Human Growth and Development (84), Social Psychology (88) Human Resources Management (86)
The Institutes: (76)
Online Accounting Classes: Columbia College: Advanced Accounting, Tax II, TESU: Audit

Up ahead:
Study.com:  Costing, ?
Saylor: Intro to political Science?, Management Info. Systems?
TEEX
[-] The following 1 user Likes sarg123's post:
  • katsiki
I've taken their Louisiana History course and it's intense - I ended up writing 30+ three to five page papers over the course of 15 modules plus two proctored exams (midterm and final) at three hours apiece and 10+ twenty question quizzes. Definitely not easy credits.
[-] The following 1 user Likes npk32's post:
  • katsiki
npk32 Wrote:I've taken their Louisiana History course and it's intense - I ended up writing 30+ three to five page papers over the course of 15 modules plus two proctored exams (midterm and final) at three hours apiece and 10+ twenty question quizzes. Definitely not easy credits.

That's crazy! It seems like 15 SL courses would have been easier.

Ideas Wrote:That's crazy! It seems like 15 SL courses would have been easier.

LOL, close - but I doubt that. It depends on the courses and it's not always that easy with Straighterline or Study.com
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
bjcheung77 Wrote:LOL, close - but I doubt that. It depends on the courses and it's not always that easy with Straighterline or Study.com

Your kidding me right study and straighterline are both cake walks compared to that
Collegelady2 Wrote:Your kidding me right study and straighterline are both cake walks compared to that

No I am not, Ideas mentioned 15 courses combined... maybe 8-9 courses for that one LSU course, but I doubt much more than that. The LSU course maybe harder and time consuming, but I think it won't take as long as 9 SL or Study.com courses....
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
bjcheung77 Wrote:No I am not, Ideas mentioned 15 courses combined... maybe 8-9 courses for that one LSU course, but I doubt much more than that. The LSU course maybe harder and time consuming, but I think it won't take as long as 9 SL or Study.com courses....

9 lol why would anyone in their right mind do that
bjcheung77 Wrote:No I am not, Ideas mentioned 15 courses combined... maybe 8-9 courses for that one LSU course, but I doubt much more than that. The LSU course maybe harder and time consuming, but I think it won't take as long as 9 SL or Study.com courses....

I'll take my 9 sl courses

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Seeking Advice on Free Online Courses as a Non-Degree Student rickrick 6 347 09-09-2024, 05:19 PM
Last Post: ArshveerCheema
  Clackamas Courses - Online or Remote (set schedule) bjcheung77 8 1,722 09-07-2024, 10:01 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Online Ivy League degree programs that require less than a week on campus sanantone 32 8,716 08-29-2024, 06:52 PM
Last Post: ifomonay
  Self-paced online college without essay? Nickinspace 18 2,035 08-27-2024, 07:19 AM
Last Post: wow
  Affordable online community colleges for non-residents nomaduser 30 6,996 08-21-2024, 05:25 PM
Last Post: lisarox
  New online degrees from top Indian universities Robson 8 565 08-20-2024, 07:36 AM
Last Post: Robson
  Taking exams for online courses stats-time 4 347 08-04-2024, 02:46 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  SARA Source - catalog of distance education programs stats-time 3 423 08-03-2024, 04:55 PM
Last Post: wow
  'Duped': Students of UA's new online college can't get jobs, say school misled them o smartdegree 12 1,347 07-31-2024, 08:17 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Online Electrical Engineering Degree OtterDen 5 751 07-09-2024, 10:01 PM
Last Post: OtterDen