Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
Drug & Alcohol Abuse Feedback - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Main Category (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Main-Category)
+--- Forum: General Education-Related Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-General-Education-Related-Discussion)
+--- Thread: Drug & Alcohol Abuse Feedback (/Thread-Drug-Alcohol-Abuse-Feedback)

Drug & Alcohol Abuse Feedback - Librevore - 03-26-2007

Hello friends,

Just got back a few hours ago from sitting this one. Whew. With a 3 1/2 hour drive each way to take these it makes for a full day. :eek:

The center I go to is still pencil and paper so I won't know how I really did for awhile. It has been taking 19 to 21 days to receive my scores. I'll let you know when it comes.

I felt really good about this one going in and still do. Used IC, looking up some unfamiliar terms at Wikipedia, read three chapters of a textbook that came this weekend and took some practice quizzes at Drugs, Society, and Human Behavior

There were more questions regarding the uses of stimulants and hallucinogens than I expected. Thought the focus might be more on recognizing them by their different generic names as well as street names.

Besides the obvious things to know concerning alcohol, like BACs, or how much alcohol is in a glass of wine, know the stages of detoxification really well. I had three different questions approaching detox from different angles.

Know the classifications and schedules I-V and why the main ones are where they are. Know the differences between withdrawal symptoms for the different classifications.

I think that IC is really all I would have needed to pass this. The supplements have hopefully helped to get a better than passing score though.

Drug & Alcohol Abuse Feedback - bceagles - 03-27-2007

How many questions?

Drug & Alcohol Abuse Feedback - ShotoJuku - 03-27-2007

[SIZE="2"]Great post Kate, let's hope those 3 weeks go fast![/SIZE]

Drug & Alcohol Abuse Feedback - Librevore - 03-27-2007

bceagles Wrote:How many questions?

There were 106 questions. This test if over 90% facts and very little applied knowledge though, so it goes fast. It only took 45 minutes to do even with going back to review a couple.

Drug & Alcohol Abuse Feedback - bceagles - 03-28-2007

Thanks! If you remember anymore of the exam please post it!

Drug & Alcohol Abuse Feedback - sgloer - 03-28-2007

Nice feedback and keep us posted! Smile

Drug & Alcohol Abuse Feedback - hbh739 - 05-01-2007

I took the drug and alcohol abuse test today. Mine only had 103 questions. I reviewed the link with the quizzes you posted as well as a study guide from Passyourclass.com. Between those and IC, which was great, i think i smoked it. There were only a few questions a had absolutely no clue on.
Several questions on narcotics, hallucinogens, and barbiturates. Alcohol, and effects of abuse. The 5 schedules and what they are based on. Thats about all I remember.