Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Drug & Alcohol Abuse Feedback
Hello friends,

Just got back a few hours ago from sitting this one. Whew. With a 3 1/2 hour drive each way to take these it makes for a full day. :eek:

The center I go to is still pencil and paper so I won't know how I really did for awhile. It has been taking 19 to 21 days to receive my scores. I'll let you know when it comes.

I felt really good about this one going in and still do. Used IC, looking up some unfamiliar terms at Wikipedia, read three chapters of a textbook that came this weekend and took some practice quizzes at Drugs, Society, and Human Behavior

There were more questions regarding the uses of stimulants and hallucinogens than I expected. Thought the focus might be more on recognizing them by their different generic names as well as street names.

Besides the obvious things to know concerning alcohol, like BACs, or how much alcohol is in a glass of wine, know the stages of detoxification really well. I had three different questions approaching detox from different angles.

Know the classifications and schedules I-V and why the main ones are where they are. Know the differences between withdrawal symptoms for the different classifications.

I think that IC is really all I would have needed to pass this. The supplements have hopefully helped to get a better than passing score though.
Kate
BS Psychology
How many questions?
University of Massachusetts - Lowell, MS Finance (current)
Lewis University, MBA, Finance
Excelsior College B.S. Liberal Arts, Admin/Mgmt Studies
[SIZE="2"]Great post Kate, let's hope those 3 weeks go fast![/SIZE]
ShotoJuku +
A.S., B.S., M.S., MBA
IC Forums Senior Super Moderator  
Passing It On & Paying It Forward To All Just Starting or Completing Their Educational Journey!

Shoto's Passing Your Exam Advice Here --->   http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...#post59179
God Bless The USA :patriot:
bceagles Wrote:How many questions?

There were 106 questions. This test if over 90% facts and very little applied knowledge though, so it goes fast. It only took 45 minutes to do even with going back to review a couple.
Kate
BS Psychology
Thanks! If you remember anymore of the exam please post it!
University of Massachusetts - Lowell, MS Finance (current)
Lewis University, MBA, Finance
Excelsior College B.S. Liberal Arts, Admin/Mgmt Studies
Nice feedback and keep us posted! Smile
--
Steve
Webmaster, InstantCert.com
I took the drug and alcohol abuse test today. Mine only had 103 questions. I reviewed the link with the quizzes you posted as well as a study guide from Passyourclass.com. Between those and IC, which was great, i think i smoked it. There were only a few questions a had absolutely no clue on.
Several questions on narcotics, hallucinogens, and barbiturates. Alcohol, and effects of abuse. The 5 schedules and what they are based on. Thats about all I remember.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TECEP Advertising updates or recent feedback? seanmathews 5 918 10-09-2023, 11:36 AM
Last Post: Avidreader
  SPECIFIC EXAM FEEDBACK SECTION….. ShotoJuku 1 825 04-01-2023, 10:19 PM
Last Post: katsoulis
  Torah College's A Social History of Jewish Food -- ISO feedback sammeecat 9 2,133 08-24-2021, 12:18 PM
Last Post: Cmglaser08
  substance abuse prevention/case management course recommendations? Whitepines 7 1,569 01-04-2021, 09:40 PM
Last Post: Alpha
  Can't access Specific Exam Feedback studyandpass5 1 1,082 12-19-2019, 12:48 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  BACS Degree Plan - Please Provide Feedback Zataralos 5 1,780 09-02-2019, 12:33 PM
Last Post: haxhaxhax
  Passed Environment & Humanity DSST (feedback included) journey 9 3,455 06-06-2019, 06:29 AM
Last Post: FishNDip
  DSST Study Guide Info- Sub Abuse & Law Enf law26214 0 966 05-19-2019, 08:11 PM
Last Post: law26214
  Substance Abuse DSST natshar 8 1,688 01-06-2019, 08:43 PM
Last Post: Johmford
  DSST - Substance Abuse Ram1500 3 1,624 09-01-2018, 07:24 PM
Last Post: Ram1500