Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
freshman composition
My classes started last week and I haven't be able to settle down to study Clep test yet. Just so not ready for this new semester.Now I would say that I have to study Freshman English Compo. I am going to use REA book, Peterson tests as well as some online free study guide. My question is that will that be enough? My weekest part about this test is wirting two essays in such short time. How many words should I be expected to wirte for each essay? What kind of topics will highly likely be on the test? When I say topics, I mean like Business, Science, Politics, history, ect. My school requires that I can only to take the essay part if I could make 53 or above, otherwise that I earn no credit. Besides to make higher than 53, the essay has to be graded higher than 13 in order to get 3 credits or 14 in order to get 6 credits. If you get lower than 13, no credits at all. I freaking hate this!!!!
I think it is difficult to pass. Not to mention that I failed my last Clep test and I really don't think that I can handle another failure. So I hope that you guys could kindly give me some tips on how I can make it. Thanks in advance. You guys are always the best.
CLEP College Algeba 76
CLEP Marketing 61
CLEP Intro to Macro 72
CLEP Intro to Business Law 57

American Government next
http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...ition.html
Sad Sad Sad .......................
CLEP College Algeba 76
CLEP Marketing 61
CLEP Intro to Macro 72

American Government next
I took Freshman Comp w/o essay and I can tell you that the REA book is great for the multiple choice section. The big thing is to practice picking out the errors and reading the passages. I just skimmed over the rest of the book, but the tests were great, any practice you can get will help.

Now the essay part. While I did not take the essay on this test, I did have to complete an essay with the Praxis I test I took which is practically the same test. The essay was hard, but I did not study very hard for that section. I would suggest taking some of the prompts suggested and time yourself writing for 30 minutes. Take 5 minutes to jot down notes on what you want to say (I would try to focus on 3 points, one for each paragraph), next, take 20 minutes to write your 3 body paragraphs, then your introduction and conclusion, finally, read back over it, check for spelling, grammar and so on. Now critique it, did you stay on topic? (big thing), how was your flow?, did you misspell anything?, are you commas in the right place? Now have anybody you can get to look at it and give you honest opinions.

I hope this helps. Also, make sure you turn off spell and grammar check before you start practicing.
:p :p thank you
CLEP College Algeba 76
CLEP Marketing 61
CLEP Intro to Macro 72

American Government next

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Freshman College Comp w/essay mom2school 13 2,838 09-14-2024, 07:37 AM
Last Post: upgradelately
  Where can I find a cheap college-level writing/composition course ftlclam 4 982 02-27-2023, 11:28 PM
Last Post: ftlclam
  UNC-Wilmington freshman wins $100K... bjcheung77 11 1,517 03-14-2022, 02:35 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Prep for College Composition with Essay CLEP ? abs_co 3 1,841 11-11-2021, 07:39 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  TEL language and composition Cofffeee 2 913 01-23-2021, 01:07 PM
Last Post: Cofffeee
  Study material Clep English composition modular Collegelady2 16 4,671 08-18-2020, 10:20 PM
Last Post: mrskitty
  CLEP English Composition tomorrow aksalamander 32 6,704 05-03-2019, 03:43 AM
Last Post: aaryan101
  Questions on College Composition FishNDip 14 3,570 03-26-2019, 06:33 PM
Last Post: Merlin
  Dsst Advanced English Composition study guide Reemtouah 4 2,145 02-06-2019, 01:20 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  DSST Advanced English Composition erinp88 19 11,468 01-20-2019, 05:03 PM
Last Post: Reemtouah