Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
switch to BS Management...
I'm not yet enrolled at EC but my plans WERE to complete my BS CJ Homeland Security. I've recently changed my mind to either BS in Business with Concentration in Operations Management or AS in Business. However EC still thinks i'm taking cleps for my CJ degree. Question is is it a pain to switch "majors?" Can I begin clepping some of these business courses while I wait for EC to switch me over to my business degree? And what should I start with. Of course I already have Psych, HGD, and Sociology under my belt. Not sure how important these are for bidness though!
Hi there!

I can't speak to how difficult it is to switch majors with EC. I'm sure that some EC students here on the forum will be happy to address that. As to testing now before EC changes your major - absolutely. Don't wait. Just put together a general idea and get started. You can't go wrong by taking the introductory business tests now.

As to your "bidness" major, the CLEPS you have taken already are great for 2 reasons: 1) they are elective credits which you'll need anyway for any degree and 2) they will help out a little when you go to take Organizational Behavior and Princ of Management / Intro to Supervision. Trust me some of the sociology stuff appears on all 3 of those exams (if I never hear about Mazlow's Hierarchy of Needs again I won't miss it!) Wink

As to business exams, I suggest you go the "cluster" route. There is a lot of overlap on several of the introductory business tests and it just makes sense to use that to your advantage. For example, try to group the Clep Management, Dantes Supervision together. They go nicely. Then maybe do Organizational Behavior, Marketing. By the time you are done with those, you can take the Dantes Intro to Business with practically no study because you've already studied for it in all those other exams.

Good luck with your plan!
Kelly
[SIZE="1"][COLOR="Purple"]Thomas Edison State College BSBA - 6/10
Excelsior College BS Liberal Arts - 9/10

Amberton MBA - 12/13 [/COLOR]
[/SIZE]
Where exactly are you in the process? You're not enrolled, but have you been accepted?

You may have to pay a program transfer fee ($80) for the re-evaluation of your transcripts, as you'll be switching from the School of Liberal Arts to the School of Business.

Switching majors within a college is a simple process. You submit a signed request in writing (mail or fax), and your advisor will do a fresh evaluation of your credits to match your new requirements. I switched from BS Literature In English to BS Liberal Studies; there was no fee for doing this, and it took about two weeks for the new evaluation.
[COLOR="DarkGreen"][SIZE="2"]
BSLS Excelsior College, conferred 9-09
started MS in Instructional Design program, Spring 2010

April 4 2009 through July 6 2009: 1 GRE subject exam + 1 Penn Foster credit + 11 DANTES exams = 61 credits. Average per-credit cost = $23.44.

"Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending." (Maria Robinson)[/SIZE][/COLOR]
I switched to General Business about halfway through from Liberal Studies. I was under the impression that they would charge me the $80, but I was never charged for anything. All you do is fax in your signed request, and they'll take care of the rest. I was transferred to business in less than 48 hours, if I remember correctly.
[SIZE="1"]BS General Business, March 2010

CLEP College Algebra 51
CLEP Natural Sciences 63
CLEP Social Sciences and History 59
CLEP A&I Lit. 74
CLEP Intro to Sociology 67
CLEP Info Systems and Computer App. 58
CLEP Intro to Psychology 66
CLEP Intro to Business Law 64
CLEP Principles of Management 73
CLEP Principles of Marketing 63
CLEP Principles of Macroeconomics 61
CLEP Principles of Microeconomics 62
DSST Fundamentals of Counseling 49
DSST Principles of Supervision 61
DSST Substance Abuse 441 (Pass)
DSST Business Law II 67
DSST Management Information Systems 436
DSST Principles of Statistics 466
DSST Principles of Finance 435
DSST Civil War and Reconstruction 57
DSST Criminal Justice 431
ECE English Comp C :mad:
ECE World Population A
ECE Ethics, Theory and Practice A
ECE Organizational Behavior A
ECE Human Resource Management B
EC Business Policy B
Straighterline Accounting I B
Straighterline Accounting II B
CSU Pueblo Ops Management A
[/SIZE]
perrik Wrote:Where exactly are you in the process? You're not enrolled, but have you been accepted?

You may have to pay a program transfer fee ($80) for the re-evaluation of your transcripts, as you'll be switching from the School of Liberal Arts to the School of Business.

Switching majors within a college is a simple process. You submit a signed request in writing (mail or fax), and your advisor will do a fresh evaluation of your credits to match your new requirements. I switched from BS Literature In English to BS Liberal Studies; there was no fee for doing this, and it took about two weeks for the new evaluation.

Hi Perrik. correct. I'm accepted, but not enrolled yet. Thanks for the other responses as well!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Google Project Management Cert? GoBroncos95 11 885 07-06-2024, 11:24 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Coming Soon: Free Diploma of HE in Tourism & Service Business Management (XAMK) sarahmac 2 1,461 05-27-2024, 11:28 AM
Last Post: mdn
  Project Management Training: ENEB, Google or others? JPN 9 2,788 12-08-2023, 06:34 PM
Last Post: nykorn
  TECEP Operations Management colinsr 4 712 10-09-2023, 11:06 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
Question Seeking advice - should I switch degrees? impasta 15 3,637 06-09-2023, 02:00 PM
Last Post: allvia
  7 Time-Management Tips for Online College Students LevelUP 0 599 02-08-2023, 04:34 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Degree choices. BA Supply chain management vs BLS with an MIS minor Schlafen 12 1,358 01-31-2023, 12:06 AM
Last Post: IReallyNeedADegree
  Google Project Management: Professional Certificate midnite123 5 2,143 10-06-2022, 07:46 PM
Last Post: vetvso
  Learning Management System Vle045 12 1,504 06-24-2022, 12:01 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  University of London offering 15% bursary for their MSc in Management programs nyvrem 5 992 05-26-2022, 01:10 PM
Last Post: freeloader