Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
study.com upper level courses
For anyone that's taken upper level courses on study.com, which ones to you recommend?
How long is a piece of string?

You should take the ones that work for your degree plan.
In Progress: MBA - HAUniv, Anticipated 2024
Completed: BSBA OpMgmt - TESU June 2021

UG - AP Tests: 20 credits | APICS: 12 Credits | CLEP: 6 credits | Saylor Academy: 6 credits | Sophia.org: 27 credits | Study.com: 12 credits | Davar Academy: 3 credits | TESU: 15 credits | Other College: 99.5 credits
GR - HAUniv: 9 credits
The courses that go towards your degree, have you decided which degree/school you're going for?
Your previous thread: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...eed-advice?
Depending on the degree/school, there are a many courses to choose from!
I highly suggest looking at the Study.com Equivalency table they have with the school.

Side note: If you're going for Excelsior/TESU, you can add Coopersmith/Davar to your list of Upper Level offerings.
And also add Onlinedegree.com for your lower level course offerings as these providers are NCCRS and not ACE.
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
I would plan these out carefully as what may work as UL at one school may not at another. Your best bet is to say what your school and major are, and then we can give more help.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • ss20ts
(07-20-2021, 08:17 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: The courses that go towards your degree, have you decided which degree/school you're going for?  
Your previous thread: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...eed-advice?
Depending on the degree/school, there are a many courses to choose from!  
I highly suggest looking at the Study.com Equivalency table they have with the school.

Side note:  If you're going for Excelsior/TESU, you can add Coopersmith/Davar to your list of Upper Level offerings.  
And also add Onlinedegree.com for your lower level course offerings as these providers are NCCRS and not ACE.

Hey! I've decided to go to Excelsior, the upper levels I need are in Arts and Sciences Upper Level (14 credits) and Any Academic Area Upper Level (6 credits). So it's pretty open, there are a few that I want to take through EC because they seem interesting; so I'm just looking to knock out some courses before I start.

(07-20-2021, 10:56 PM)dfrecore Wrote: I would plan these out carefully as what may work as UL at one school may not at another.  Your best bet is to say what your school and major are, and then we can give more help.

I'll be going to Excelsior, for BSLA. Smile
In case you haven't seen it,here is a link to the equivalency table that bjcheung mentioned https://study.com/college/school/excelsior-college.html

I went to another university, but I liked sdc's Eng 305. Looks like Exclesior also takes it for UL in humanities if the list is still accurate. I'd share the name of the other SDC course I took for UL, but it's been downgraded to LL so that won't help you.
TESU: BALS June 2021 (comm college, clep, sdc sophia coopersmith, SOS110, and capstone)

If you're looking to save some cash, Davar would be the cheapest/easiest/fastest option for testing out. Just study the materials they give you, don't bother with the recommended textbook. $99/2 coursers + $15/proctor exam, basically $129 for 6 credits, there are some Upper Level that can be had this way as well, email your Excelsior academic advisor and give them the list to see which will be Upper Level.

If you want to splurge a bit more than Study.com, and want to have it easy/fast, then Coopersmith is $150/course + exam fee. Basically the same thing as Davar, but they provide more courses, both of these are again, NCCRS credits, not ACE credits. I mainly recommend these to people going for an Exclesior/TESU degree.

Otherwise, for $200/month for two upper level courses, Study.com can be a very good option! So many choices of courses to pick from too, I suggest looking at something you're interested in and has a fair number of quizzes, assignments... check them out first I guess...
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 68 45,126 09-19-2024, 03:22 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Limited Time 68% Off College Saver at Study.com portals 41 7,333 09-19-2024, 03:21 PM
  Study.com History Courses lawqueen04 4 211 09-16-2024, 02:05 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
Lightbulb Study.com 5 Exam Limit per Month Clarification Jaymes 2 271 09-13-2024, 08:06 PM
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 399 497,044 09-12-2024, 07:04 PM
Last Post: wow
  Study.com non-proctored final exams Tsanchez123 6 632 08-30-2024, 06:17 PM
Last Post: wow
  Fastest Saylor courses? evadne 3 380 08-25-2024, 02:16 PM
  Study.com renewal discount Tsanchez123 1 241 08-25-2024, 10:53 AM
  Which order should I take these Study.com Classes from easiest to most difficult? mohelena02 9 3,232 08-16-2024, 11:36 AM
  Study.com Exam, Accidentally Left Installer Open ExcellentPhoto 2 389 08-13-2024, 06:41 PM