Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
online class without age requirement?
My 14 year old wants to take an online class. I thought that Intro To Computers would be a good fit for him (and if he doesn't pass the class he can always take the CLEP). We hit a brick wall with his age. Both local CCs here want age 16 or older. Anyone have any suggestions?
I just saw this today when I was looking at Liberty University. They have a dual enrollment for high school students but then when you click the link it says, "middle and high school student dual enrollment," so who knows.

ETA: here is the link Liberty University | Education Online - TheEdge Admission Requirements
My 15 year old was able to take online classes from Charter Oak State College. Age wasn`t a problem.

In addition, she is enrolled for a Public Speaking course at BYU, Brigham Young University (not of that religion, but no problem at all)

In both cases, we didn`t enroll at the university, we just enrolled to take a course or two.

I`m sure there must be a lot of others.

Sidney
I saw on the Ace website that Penn Foster has an Intro to Computers class.

Danielle
Thanks everyone, these are some great starting points. I'll let you know if we can get him signed up somewhere. (one of the local CCs is having a "meeting" to see if they can make an exception- LOL - the local CC is such a joke, they should be thrilled I'm willing to give them our $)
JBjunior Wrote:I just saw this today when I was looking at Liberty University. They have a dual enrollment for high school students but then when you click the link it says, "middle and high school student dual enrollment," so who knows.

ETA: here is the link Liberty University | Education Online - TheEdge Admission Requirements
>>

$275 per credit hilarious but it is regionally accredited.
I didn't say it was cheap and hey, you are going to Harvard..... hilarious
JBjunior Wrote:I didn't say it was cheap and hey, you are going to Harvard..... hilarious
>>

I'm on a major budget. You should see all the crap I sell on ebay to pay my tuition hilarious

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Seeking Advice on Free Online Courses as a Non-Degree Student rickrick 6 413 09-09-2024, 05:19 PM
Last Post: ArshveerCheema
  Clackamas Courses - Online or Remote (set schedule) bjcheung77 8 1,785 09-07-2024, 10:01 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Online Ivy League degree programs that require less than a week on campus sanantone 32 8,907 08-29-2024, 06:52 PM
Last Post: ifomonay
  Question about the 1 credit RA self-paced class from ASU sparkling 6 1,968 08-28-2024, 10:42 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Self-paced online college without essay? Nickinspace 18 2,125 08-27-2024, 07:19 AM
Last Post: wow
  Affordable online community colleges for non-residents nomaduser 30 7,338 08-21-2024, 05:25 PM
Last Post: lisarox
  New online degrees from top Indian universities Robson 8 598 08-20-2024, 07:36 AM
Last Post: Robson
  Taking exams for online courses stats-time 4 362 08-04-2024, 02:46 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  'Duped': Students of UA's new online college can't get jobs, say school misled them o smartdegree 12 1,385 07-31-2024, 08:17 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Online Electrical Engineering Degree OtterDen 5 768 07-09-2024, 10:01 PM
Last Post: OtterDen