Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
new student (Genereal education) - Focus
Hello,
I had now finally made up my mind for doing and completing an bachelor's degree. I don't have any credits as of now to apply towards my degree apart from some FEMA. - which count towards free elective's.
i will be taking BSBA (information Technology) anyways right now i am focussing on General education for TESC

English Composition - 6
Humanities - 9
Managerial or Business Communications - 3
Social Sciences - 6
General Education Electives - 9

Can someone please guide me with a study plan . or a course plan to achieve the above target. and also along with it if you could guide me what books should i Buy for the same along with IC flash card's.
Also would like to know about easy CLEP/ DANTES exams so that i could take them.

Thanks in Advance.

Reshab
Welcome to the forum!

You should be able to test out of everything but he Managerial/business communications. It cannot be tested out of you have to take a class. I here the class through TESC is pretty easy. I am starting it in September.

There are Cleps out that you can take that will give you 6 credits for each test. You should look into them. I believe their is a social science one, a humanities one, and an english literature one.

Good luck!
Thanks for replying,
what would you suggest for preparing ... the clep's .. english, social science and humanties.
Thanks
Reshab
If you will be taking a lot of the general CLEP's I recommend the CLEP Official Study Guide available on amazon or at stores like Barnes & Noble. I have found it useful to guage the amount of study I need and practice.
Welcome to the club
Linda

Start by doing what is necessary: then do the possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible  St Francis of Assisi

Now a retired substitute Teacher in NY, & SC

AA Liberal Studies TESC '08
BA in Natural Science/Mathematics TESC Sept '10
AAS Environmental safety and Security Technology TESC  Dec '12
Thanks Linda for your Kind advice.

attached is mine degree plan that i have formulated with other people's help.

can you or someone else help me choosing the easy clep / dantes exams out of it..
Thanks

Attached Files
.doc   Less than 1 minute ago">BSBA in Computer Information Systems.doc (Size: 36.5 KB / Downloads: 18)
I am not great at plans but I did Highlight the exams I would suggest, But I was just picking from what you had listed. I'm sure someone else here would have better advise.
Linda

Start by doing what is necessary: then do the possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible  St Francis of Assisi

Now a retired substitute Teacher in NY, & SC

AA Liberal Studies TESC '08
BA in Natural Science/Mathematics TESC Sept '10
AAS Environmental safety and Security Technology TESC  Dec '12
Thanks for your advice.. for these given exams.. apart for clep official guide.. what else did you choose to prepare yourself..
and is it wise to prepare side by side for 2-3 exams. or just focus on one by one.
donno knw.
confused.
Regards,
Reshab
Lindagerr Wrote:If you will be taking a lot of the general CLEP's I recommend the CLEP Official Study Guide available on amazon or at stores like Barnes & Noble. I have found it useful to guage the amount of study I need and practice.
Welcome to the club

I second that!!! It's only about $20 and worth every penny. You need the newest edition, not from the library- it will have the break down of exactly what to study.
As for learning, I found the REA books were very very good. I actually saved mine for my kids LOL. You can pick them up new or used online- sometimes people sell them here too.

I like to prepare for one exam at a time. I don't know how much time you have for study, but you could probably set up a schedule to take an exam every other week for these general exams. (if you have less time, perhaps one per month) I did take 2 exams several times, but it was always when I knew one subject very very well, and only had to "learn" the second subject.
Thanks for your guidance again.. looks like a good strategy.. i have ample time. so maybe i would decide to go for a test every 15 days.. donno knw..
anyways if ya folks have any more suggestions.. keep me posted.

Reshab

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Seeking Advice on Free Online Courses as a Non-Degree Student rickrick 6 339 09-09-2024, 05:19 PM
Last Post: ArshveerCheema
  SARA Source - catalog of distance education programs stats-time 3 421 08-03-2024, 04:55 PM
Last Post: wow
  U.S. Department of Education considers a degree as a high school equivalency ArshveerCheema 15 1,883 05-25-2024, 03:14 PM
Last Post: ArshveerCheema
  Curious about Guild Education Vle045 8 1,135 05-19-2024, 08:33 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  First AI supercomputer for Georgia Tech student. Imbanewbie 3 502 04-22-2024, 11:59 PM
Last Post: Gaince
  Worldwide Education Services (WES) Shelf life? nyrsimon 3 471 04-02-2024, 07:35 PM
Last Post: nyrsimon
  UK vs US, Education Compared bjcheung77 1 439 03-18-2024, 09:42 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  Seattle and Sydney Student News... bjcheung77 1 318 02-21-2024, 09:01 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  Amazing Student - High IQ bjcheung77 3 560 02-16-2024, 03:40 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Country Preview: Poland - Inexpensive European Education bjcheung77 11 2,696 01-29-2024, 10:46 AM
Last Post: Tomas