Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
lurkers.... on the boards
i really like that last line on you sig about helping people
~SBD/Mara

U.S. History I (69) Analyzing and Interpreting Literature (63) U.S. History II (56) American Government (63) Natural Sciences (52) College Math (63) Political Science (UExcel) [C] Principles of Management (58) Principles of Marketing (63) Western Civ I (68) Western Civ II (58) Introductary Sociology (66) Intoductary Psychology (71) Introduction to Educational Psychology (58) Human Growth and Development (68) Social Sciences and History (60) English Composition with Essay (57)American Literature (72) English Literature (66) Art of the Western World (64) Humanities (71) College Algebra (57) Introduction to Computing (426)Principles of Public Speaking (Failed, Re-evaluating) Introduction to World Religions (462) Macroeconomics (61) Microeconomics (58)

Coming up next:
Technical Writing

Currently Taking:
The Literature of the English Bible - LSU Class

Total Credits: 102/120... 18 MORE CREDITS!!
I'm so grateful for all of the help I've received; I want to help out where I can.

sbdolphino Wrote:i really like that last line on you sig about helping people
BA Social Sciences TESC 2009

CLEP
Humanities 64 | Intro Sociology 74 | Intro Psychology 74 | College Mathematics 60 | H.G. & Dev. 66
A&I Literature 65 | Educational Psychology 71 | American Government 67 | US History I 67 | US History II 72
Social Sciences & History 65 | English Comp 63
DSST
Civil War 61 | Substance Abuse 463 | Intro Computing 465 | Technical Writing 66 | Anthropology 66 | Prin. of Supervision 62
Enviro & Humanity 68 | Org Behavior 67 | Astronomy 60 | Ethics 467
ECE
World Population A | Research Methods in Psychology A | Adulthood & Aging A | Gerontology A | UExcel Political Science B

[SIZE="4"][COLOR="Blue"]Read My Story[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"] Tested out of 120 credits in 11 months. Started with [COLOR="Blue"]0[/COLOR] credits on April 20, 2008 - Finished on March 18th 2009
[/SIZE][COLOR="Navy"][COLOR="Navy"]
[SIZE="3"][COLOR="#800080"][COLOR="#4B0082"]If you've been helped by someone on this forum then help someone on this forum.[/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/COLOR]
I have received about a half dozen emails and more than 20 PMs asking for specific exam guidance.

I do a quick search of their username and reply to those that have contributed here and ignore the ones that haven't.
EXCELSIOR COLLEGE
BS-LS: AoF Admin/Mgmt Studies
0 to BS in under 9 months

EXCELSIOR CLASSES (7 Credits)
College Math (A) Eng Comp (B) Info Lit (P)

CLEP (42 Credits)
A&I Lit-6CH (71) SS&H-6CH (66) Humanities-6CH (65) Mgmt (66) Marketing (66) HG&Dev (61) Info Sys&Comp App (60) Sociology (60) Psych (59) Business Law (55) Am Gov't (50)

DSST (57 Credits)
Found of Ed (67-A) Fund of Counseling (67-A) Intro to Business (65-A) Civil War & Recon (62-A) Tech Writing (59-A) Intro Law Enforcement (59-A) Principles of Supervision (58-A) Org Behavior (57-A) Environ&Humanity (53-B) Anthropology (52-B) Astronomy (52-B) World Religions (450) Substance Abuse (450) Ethics in America (447) HTYH (433) Intro to Comp (432) Personal Finance (422) Criminal Justice (409) Mgmt Info Sys (409)

ECE (21 Credits)
HR Mgmt (A) Cultural Diversity © Ethics © Organizational Behavior (B) Found of Gerontology © Psych of A&A © Social Psych ©

Up Next:
MPA @ AMU stating Sept 09
goldpaws Wrote:Well....you know there's good reason why people lurk on test sites like these.

if they were ever caught...substantially snooping...into the test help (some of that specific feedback stuff is quite detailed, might I add) ...the credit from CLEP would not be awarded or could even be taken away.

No one that I know has ever been punished for going on this board but be careful what you say, you never know who might be watching Wink

Does anyone other than GOLDPAWS feel that there is anything unethical about this site?
EXCELSIOR COLLEGE
BS-LS: AoF Admin/Mgmt Studies
0 to BS in under 9 months

EXCELSIOR CLASSES (7 Credits)
College Math (A) Eng Comp (B) Info Lit (P)

CLEP (42 Credits)
A&I Lit-6CH (71) SS&H-6CH (66) Humanities-6CH (65) Mgmt (66) Marketing (66) HG&Dev (61) Info Sys&Comp App (60) Sociology (60) Psych (59) Business Law (55) Am Gov't (50)

DSST (57 Credits)
Found of Ed (67-A) Fund of Counseling (67-A) Intro to Business (65-A) Civil War & Recon (62-A) Tech Writing (59-A) Intro Law Enforcement (59-A) Principles of Supervision (58-A) Org Behavior (57-A) Environ&Humanity (53-B) Anthropology (52-B) Astronomy (52-B) World Religions (450) Substance Abuse (450) Ethics in America (447) HTYH (433) Intro to Comp (432) Personal Finance (422) Criminal Justice (409) Mgmt Info Sys (409)

ECE (21 Credits)
HR Mgmt (A) Cultural Diversity © Ethics © Organizational Behavior (B) Found of Gerontology © Psych of A&A © Social Psych ©

Up Next:
MPA @ AMU stating Sept 09
Joel Felberg Wrote:Does anyone other than GOLDPAWS feel that there is anything unethical about this site?

I hope that GOLDPAWS doesn't feel the site is unethical. I think GP is (might be) referring to a deep deep thread about people posting exact questions that were on the exam. IMO, that is a no-no per the agreement we make when we take each clep/dsst exam, and I hate (and have reported) when people do that.

Otherwise, this site is no different than a loud, overly caffeinated crowd studying for exams at SBUX. Perhaps the thread "specific exam feedback" is taken too literally by some, and I think this is what GP may be eluding to. This is just my guess though - can't speak for GP.

Yea... I consider myself a lurker too, not a creepy one, just more quiet than most - haven't even made it to squire yet, or whatever it is. But as discussed previously (sorry, not going to look for the thread because I really don't want to start that conversation up again Rolleyes ) and confirmed by SG, certain "authorities" do lurk on this site for the purpose of making sure no "ethics" have been violated per exam requirements.

I am now suspending my activity to return to lurking. Big Grin
CLEP - Principles of MKTG - 69
CLEP - Info Sys & Computer Apps - 61
CLEP - English Comp w/o Essay - 62
CLEP - Principles of Mgmt - 74
DSST - Astronomy - 62
CLEP - Introductory Bus Law 69
DSST - Management Info Systems - 459
CLEP - Natural Sciences - 59

B&M Transfer Credits - 37 Completed

UMUC (that's right...) credits - 4 Completed
OK, unsuspending, because after re-reading GOLDPAWS post, I have no idea.... Yikes :o
DSST - Astronomy - 62

I've gotten a greater percentage of PMs lately asking for advice/study sources on specific tests and equate that with the Specific Feedback Section going private. I don't mind helping, and since I've gotten a few questions on the same tests I can copy from prior answers. I miss being able to point folks to the Specific Feedback section, though...<sigh>

The questions I've gotten haven't been from people who are technically 'lurkers', since they've got logins; hey, I tend to be a 'lurker' myself, since I usually just answer a post if it seems no one else has or if there's more specific info I've got to share than has already been posted.

As to ethics, for the most part I think people are careful to not post specific questions, and no one's contacted me asking for specific info about what's on the test. I've personally only gotten one request from someone offering to pay me to take his math courses for him; once I quit laughing hysterically at the idea of me as a 'math whiz' (So, so NOT!), I promptly said no and explained my personal view of education for the knowledge-gained sake, not just for a piece of 'magic paper'. Wink

- Lia
[SIZE="1"]
TESC, BA Psychology (Done, Graduation June 2009)
TESC, BSBA/Gen Mgmt. (In Progress)

CLEP: Freshman Col Comp 77| Info Systems & Apps 74| Intro to Psych 79| A. & I. Literature 79| Principles of Marketing 76| Human Growth & Dev. 74| Intro to Ed. Psych 74| Biology 74| Sociology 77| Natural Sciences 69| English Comp w/ Essay 59| Macroeconomics 70| Microeconomics 69
DSST: Mgmt. Info Systems 466| Environment & Humanity 71| Organizational Behavior 73| Astronomy 72| Technical Writing 65| General Anthropology 73| Human/Cultural Geography 70| Physical Geology 58| Fundamentals of Counseling 74| Ethics in America 467
ALEKS: Business Statistics| Intro to Statistics| Statistics for the Behavioral Sciences
TECEP: Behavior Mod. Techniques| Psych of Personality| Experimental Psych| Social Psych| Psych of Women | Abnormal Psych
12 Asstd. FEMAs

Current/Up Next:
DSSTs Substance Abuse, Prin. of Supervision & Human Res. Mgmt.
ALEKS PreCalculus
[/SIZE]
What is easy for one person is very hard for another person. Sometimes, an introverted lurker such as myself, might be, for some reason or another, too shy, or intimidated to post. Also, when I read a thread, I figure there are so many other people taking part, in the end, my comments are not all that important. I don't feel like I have anything to offer that's worthwhile posting it. I mean after all, there are so many users who have more experience than us, and are way ahead of us in the game, we don't have all that much to offer you anyways.
OK I am confused as well by GoldPaws post. What do they mean by CLEP credit not being awarded or being taken away? That is nothing to joke about.

As for lurking, I consider someone who is not a registered member to be a lurker. I am raising and homeschooling four kids while trying to complete my degree as well. I am a registered member. I use this board as it benefits "me", when "I" need it, then post if I have time. Which is not often. In fact, I should be studying for a CLEP I have in the AM but, GoldPaws post has really disturbed me.

Could someone please explain what the post means or is referring to?
tsipora Wrote:What is easy for one person is very hard for another person. Sometimes, an introverted lurker such as myself, might be, for some reason or another, too shy, or intimidated to post. Also, when I read a thread, I figure there are so many other people taking part, in the end, my comments are not all that important. I don't feel like I have anything to offer that's worthwhile posting it. I mean after all, there are so many users who have more experience than us, and are way ahead of us in the game, we don't have all that much to offer you anyways.

Welcome to the daylight tsipora! hilarious
That's funny sounding coming from me, but I know how you feel. Except when I know I know something, I generally don't offer my opinion unless, like today, I'm being overly chatty (by my own standards).
DSST - Astronomy - 62

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post