Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
edX Verizon Skill Forward
(10-17-2023, 12:45 AM)Alex8 Wrote: Once we finish a professional cert course, do we get the certification for free? I have contacted them but no response from them yet

Yes I have finished the Rice Diversity Cert

Attached Files
.pdf   Professional Certificate _ edX Credentials.pdf (Size: 159.71 KB / Downloads: 82)
[-] The following 2 users Like billalsobrook's post:
  • Pikachu, RachelB
Oh crap! NYIF Stock Trading Professional Cert has only two courses, I completed the first course, but the program disappeared as the second course is 'rescheduled' or something, now I'm half way done, it doesn't indicate when the next course is, I should have added it when I had the chance... and there is no chance to start that second course now!! Hmm, I also finished the ISCEA Certified Supply Chain Analyst (CSCA) Pro Cert in less than a day, going through the entire thing at 1.5x, but there is a final exam that doesn't start until mid December! The good thing is, you get the EDX Pro Cert & a CSCA Cert!
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(10-18-2023, 10:29 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Oh crap! NYIF Stock Trading Professional Cert has only two courses, I completed the first course, but the program disappeared as the second course is 'rescheduled' or something, now I'm half way done, it doesn't indicate when the next course is, I should have added it when I had the chance... and there is no chance to start that second course now!!  Hmm, I also finished the ISCEA Certified Supply Chain Analyst (CSCA) Pro Cert in less than a day, going through the entire thing at 1.5x, but there is a final exam that doesn't start until mid December!  The good thing is, you get the EDX Pro Cert & a CSCA Cert!

I got a question - I thought you're based in Canada, isn't that right?

I tried to register for this Verizon's program but they allow people only based in the US... am I doing something wrong? Has anybody outside US registered?  Huh

I assume you can just put the whatever zip code and state but wir deutsche obey the rules... lol
Yes and no, I am a dual citizen, my wife is PR.  It depends on the contract/consulting gig I am with, I am from the Seattle/Renton area of WA State.  Family and close friends who needed access to Coursera/TADA couldn't get in on the deal as the VPN option doesn't work and a few of them needed me to help them register for it with their personal details.  

I haven't tried for edX though, I would guess it is the same thing.  It's the same for setting up Simple, Straight Talk, Tracfone, Total and other Verizon MVNO's if you're outside the US, even if you use a VPN service, their system fails, my relatives who need a prepaid service always use me as the Ameri-fam to get it done and have their phone & SIM shipped to them.

Quote:Congratulations! Look out for an email from edX with the steps to activate your specially-curated, free Verizon Skill Forward subscription within 1-2 business days. To make sure our email reaches you, add edX Support Team <edx@news.edx.org> to your contacts.

What is the subject of this email? Google has a habit of sorting even whitelisted emails into spam for me. Not sure why. I did get the "Verizon Skill Forward Confirmation and Next Steps" email, at least, so that's good.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
The second email is with a subject (there will be a button to accept the invitation): Start your edX subscription today!
Third and final email is a link to where you select the courses/programs: "Name", welcome to your edX Subscriptions!

Oh, you get a fourth email telling you to activate your email (if you didn't have a previous edx subscription before), otherwise, you will be linking your email or setting up your original account with this Verizon Skill Forward signup. I forgot which email address I used so it created a different account for me than when I created one for the MicroBachelors! *oopsie on my end...*

[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • rachel83az
Just in case anyone else was curious, I double-checked and none of the Micro-Bachelors that TESU gives credit for are available through this program.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • origamishuttle
Yeah, the MicroBachelors or MicroMasters options aren't available, they're also only providing select partners and 'select some' of their options... I guess it's their way of counter offering Coursera and their affordable or inexpensive options. None the less, the ones I have my eyes set on are pretty well done, even at the introductory level, they're very comparable to Coursera and other learning providers!

[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • BadSquirrelBeta
Sadly it's only available for US residents.

Which makes me wonder... what happens if I input my name and everything and just pretend I'm based in the US? Getting a US number for verification seems like a sweet little investment for this kind of opportunity and the certificates will still have my name on it. What's the catch that I'm missing?
Goal:
UMPI - BABA Project Management & Information Systems

In progress:
UMPI - BABA Project Management & Information Systems
4 out of 10 classes completed

Completed
Study.com - 6/6 courses
Sophia.org - 20 courses
IBM Data Analyst Professional Certificate

(11-03-2023, 02:10 AM)kylan11 Wrote: Sadly it's only available for US residents.

Which makes me wonder... what happens if I input my name and everything and just pretend I'm based in the US? Getting a US number for verification seems like a sweet little investment for this kind of opportunity and the certificates will still have my name on it. What's the catch that I'm missing?

It's definitely possible to use a VPN and something like Dingtone or Textfree to get a US-based number.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG