Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
aiming for acupuncture degree, need help with CBE bachelors plan
(08-29-2024, 01:23 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Are you going for the UMPI BLS and getting extra credits? Three things that you want to investigate:
1) Accreditation for Five Branches University, I think they're only state approved, yet also have some other programmatic/secondary approval for some programs
2) The cost of the program at Five Branches, they actually offer a dual program, but it's $70K USD for 3-4 years of your time.  
3) Investigate alternative options that are DEAC accredited, some may also have similar programmatic/secondary accreditation or approval for their programs

i am going for the psych ba at umpi i think. i'm not sure the schedule would be much different with the bls.. if you have an opinion i'd love to hear it.. 

from their website : Five Branches University is institutionally accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Acupuncture and Herbal Medicine (ACAHM), and is licensed to operate by the Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education

i'm ok with the cost of Five Branches, i really want to be in santa cruz, so it works well for me. i spoke with their admissions lady and she advised that i could simply get an associates and begin my studies, i have pondered getting about 90 credits earned from UMPI and just stopping there and moving on to the Master's work. 

after all the digging its starting to feel like i've got this LOL
Adding on the UMPI BLS with a minor or two, or the BA Psych first is your best option, it's your first degree and shouldn't cost you much more, it's also going to be your 'fall back plan' if the Five Branches doesn't work out for you. That's what I read it as, it's got the programmatic/secondary accreditation but only is state approved with the BPPE, it doesn't look like it's RA or NA (DEAC).
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(08-29-2024, 11:03 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Adding on the UMPI BLS with a minor or two, or the BA Psych first is your best option, it's your first degree and shouldn't cost you much more, it's also going to be your 'fall back plan' if the Five Branches doesn't work out for you.  That's what I read it as, it's got the programmatic/secondary accreditation but only is state approved with the BPPE, it doesn't look like it's RA or NA (DEAC).
just got my fafsa submitted, waiting to hear back and going to get started studying for my clep tests.. i think umpi is definitely my best bet. 
i see give branches is accredited with CHEA as well, and they carry a good reputation regardless.. DEAC would only be for distance learning and acupuncture isn't taught online
(08-29-2024, 11:03 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Adding on the UMPI BLS with a minor or two, or the BA Psych first is your best option, it's your first degree and shouldn't cost you much more, it's also going to be your 'fall back plan' if the Five Branches doesn't work out for you.  That's what I read it as, it's got the programmatic/secondary accreditation but only is state approved with the BPPE, it doesn't look like it's RA or NA (DEAC).

i just found the physics class i need on tel learning, do you know if umpi has any issue with accepting these? tysm
(08-30-2024, 05:29 PM)teadrinker000 Wrote: i just found the physics class i need on tel learning, do you know if umpi has any issue with accepting these? tysm

UMPI won't accept the credits directly from TEL Learning. You'd have to get them on a transcript from one of their partner colleges. You would one which is RA. I just looked through all of the colleges listed as partners on UMPI's transfer database and I can't say for sure any classes from TEL Learning have been transferred into UMPI.
(08-31-2024, 04:21 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(08-30-2024, 05:29 PM)teadrinker000 Wrote: i just found the physics class i need on tel learning, do you know if umpi has any issue with accepting these? tysm

UMPI won't accept the credits directly from TEL Learning. You'd have to get them on a transcript from one of their partner colleges. You would one which is RA. I just looked through all of the colleges listed as partners on UMPI's transfer database and I can't say for sure any classes from TEL Learning have been transferred into UMPI.
thanks for the input.. looks like Portage has the classes I'm looking for and their credits come from Geneva College which is RA.. hoping this will work
(08-31-2024, 04:33 PM)teadrinker000 Wrote:
(08-31-2024, 04:21 PM)ss20ts Wrote:

thanks for the input.. looks like Portage has the classes I'm looking for and their credits come from Geneva College which is RA.. hoping this will work

There are a couple of courses from Geneva College in the transfer database which appear to be Portage Learning classes. This means that they accepted those courses in the past and does not necessarily mean that they accept them today. Good luck!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bachelor Degree Help envirodude 1 67 Yesterday, 04:43 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  UMPI BLS degree planning advice MCMDF79 10 448 Yesterday, 02:28 PM
Last Post: MCMDF79
  Master's Degree Options dm.hans32 2 180 09-15-2024, 11:03 PM
  Hello Everyone, How Does My Degree Plan Look? karlvon 4 235 09-14-2024, 10:12 PM
Last Post: karlvon
  recommendation for fastest bachelor degree? BrendaB 4 235 09-13-2024, 08:14 PM
  Degree plan wanted for UK student (CS) FungiTao 1 119 09-13-2024, 07:42 PM
  TESU BA Math and CS Degree Planning thornytumbleweed 9 349 09-13-2024, 02:42 PM
Last Post: MrPanda
  Looking for advice on choosing a degree for a career change frankc 13 919 09-13-2024, 07:33 AM
Last Post: Obrajnick
Question Help with Degree Planning Samhain408 5 276 09-12-2024, 11:14 PM
  Degree Advise/plan Wanted for a Canadian Student nbid 10 505 09-12-2024, 11:12 PM