Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
YourPace to regular online courses?
(04-03-2024, 11:47 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Actually, UMPI also has 3 non Your Pace online programs, if someone really wants to see if they can get these online programs completed instead of the Your Pace options, it really depends on the required classes.  If these classes can be completed entirely or mostly through Your Pace and also have transferable classes, then it'll be easier to complete than paying for regular tuition for each class required.  UMPI has online BA English, History, Psychology that is not on the Your Pace program in addition to the Your Pace offerings: https://www.umpi.edu/academics/online-programs/

These online programs are completely separate from YourPace. The classes are not in the YourPace platform. The tuition is the UMPI tuition which may be out of state for folks. Those 3 degrees can be completed in YourPace as well.
(04-04-2024, 08:45 AM)ss20ts Wrote:
(04-03-2024, 11:47 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Actually, UMPI also has 3 non Your Pace online programs, if someone really wants to see if they can get these online programs completed instead of the Your Pace options, it really depends on the required classes.  If these classes can be completed entirely or mostly through Your Pace and also have transferable classes, then it'll be easier to complete than paying for regular tuition for each class required.  UMPI has online BA English, History, Psychology that is not on the Your Pace program in addition to the Your Pace offerings: https://www.umpi.edu/academics/online-programs/

These online programs are completely separate from YourPace. The classes are not in the YourPace platform. The tuition is the UMPI tuition which may be out of state for folks. Those 3 degrees can be completed in YourPace as well.

No, some of the classes are available in YourPace, and some aren't,  depending on the program. For instance, the YourPace English program is specifically a Professional Communication & Journalism concentration, whereas the regular program offers a couple other concentrations. Some of the classes overlap, some don't.
Current Goal:
UMPI: B.L.S. with minors in English and Educational Studies

I'm 65% through my degree!

Earned:  84 credits total
RA: 3 credits
Sophia: 75 credits
Study.com: 6 credits

CLEP: 9 in progress...
UMPI: 6 in progress...
(04-04-2024, 10:24 AM)RachelB Wrote:
(04-04-2024, 08:45 AM)ss20ts Wrote:

No, some of the classes are available in YourPace, and some aren't,  depending on the program. For instance, the YourPace English program is specifically a Professional Communication & Journalism concentration, whereas the regular program offers a couple other concentrations. Some of the classes overlap, some don't.

Then the program has changed. The courses were not part of YourPace at all. Might have changed when they left Strut and moved the courses in house to Brightspace. Very few people go through the online programs. I'm surprised they've kept them going due to the popularity of YourPace. I wouldn't be surprised to see these fade away. I mean why spend 15 weeks on 1 course when you can complete an entire degree in that time?

I don't see anywhere on here that says the online degrees take courses in YourPace.

https://www.umpi.edu/academics/online-programs/
I think you're misunderstanding.

The classes in YourPace are also available as regular, non-YourPace classes. It's not that people enrolled in the regular program just take YourPace classes.
Current Goal:

(04-04-2024, 04:54 PM)RachelB Wrote: I think you're misunderstanding.

The classes in YourPace are also available as regular, non-YourPace classes. It's not that people enrolled in the regular program just take YourPace classes.

Oh ok. Yeah I don't know why you'd want to pay more money and take even longer to complete the degree.
(04-04-2024, 09:07 PM)ss20ts Wrote:

Oh ok. Yeah I don't know why you'd want to pay more money and take even longer to complete the degree.
Yeah I looked at their online history class offerings. They are barely different than Yourpace and far more expensive. No idea why someone would do the regular history online courses at UMPI unless they realllly wanted to learn the history of Maine.

They are better online history programs out there.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Duneranger's post:
  • ss20ts
(04-04-2024, 09:07 PM)ss20ts Wrote:

Because they want a different concentration...
Current Goal:

(04-05-2024, 02:52 PM)RachelB Wrote: Because they want a different concentration...

The only one that has other concentrations is the English BA. UMPI out of state tuition isn't worth the expense to most people. They'd be financially better off going to TESU or EU instead. They'd complete their degree faster most likely as well since they wouldn't be working with 15 week long semesters. The whole point of YourPace is to move at your own pace which most people on here want their degree like yesterday not 6 years from now. The online programs are not as flexible as YourPace and aren't designed for adults with experience. They're far more similar to the on campus program. 1 class will cost around a grand versus $1500 for as many classes as you can complete in 8 weeks. Most people on here want speed and to be done sooner than later. They usually also want as cheap as possible. So you won't find many people who've attended the online programs on here. YourPace has far higher enrollment numbers as well.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do I need to retake my sophia courses for a better grade? whereismyramen 2 126 09-14-2024, 12:57 PM
Last Post: CCCollege
  7 Bus & Psy Courses Left - UMPI vs study.com??? radicallena 4 214 09-11-2024, 10:05 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  UMPI Criminal Justice BA YourPace Program Completed slaterjack 11 998 09-09-2024, 08:23 PM
Last Post: slaterjack
  Yourpace 100% refund deadline soulking 1 236 09-05-2024, 06:01 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  UMPI YourPace BABA UnderGrad sunjaroa 1 358 08-21-2024, 09:22 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Need help for UMPI YourPace Admission AnnaVu 6 704 08-16-2024, 11:42 AM
  Seeking Financial Assistance for UMPI YourPace Program emmyakins292 7 578 07-24-2024, 06:31 PM
Last Post: Livia_Drusila
  How do I complete the 10 courses I need to do at UMPI online? whiverem 7 686 07-07-2024, 05:50 PM
  Worst fear come true: 2 courses have been changed to 'not satisfied' FM1 5 745 07-05-2024, 08:38 PM
Last Post: ashkir
Information BA in Psychology - UMPI YourPace allvia 25 7,118 07-01-2024, 11:57 AM