Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Sophia to UMPI Transcript
Hello,

I have read conflicting reports on whether your Sophia credits show up with a percentage/grade on the Final UMPI transcript. Some time ago, people that transferred in using Parchment had reported that their Sophia percentages were included. Others that did'nt use Parchment said their percentages were not included. So it seemed that by transferring over by using Parchment you would have your percentages included until recently where I read that transferring over by Parchment no longer includes percentages.

Can someone who recently graduated, and ONLY used Parchment to transfer in their Sophia credits to UMPI upload their transcript or comment on how their FINAL UMPI transcript looks like?
[-] The following 1 user Likes wowzers's post:
  • RachelB
It may have to do with when someone graduated as well. My transcripts show numeric grades. I graduated before anyone else on here as far as I know and my transcripts were sent with Parchment. A ton has changed at UMPI since then. I'm not sharing my transcripts with the forum. Sorry.
(04-05-2024, 06:52 PM)ss20ts Wrote: It may have to do with when someone graduated as well. My transcripts show numeric grades. I graduated before anyone else on here as far as I know and my transcripts were sent with Parchment. A ton has changed at UMPI since then. I'm not sharing my transcripts with the forum. Sorry.

Obviously I wasnt asking to show your personal information. I think it was assumed that one would blot out personal/identifying information.

Thanks for your response anyways
I guess the bigger question is, why does it matter?

Mine showed up as P.

You can't pass ACE classes off as RA classes if you ever go anywhere else ("credit laundering"), and they don't factor into your GPA, so it doesn't matter.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Duneranger's post:
  • ss20ts
(04-05-2024, 07:09 PM)Duneranger Wrote: I guess the bigger question is, why does it matter?

Mine showed up as P.

You can't pass ACE classes off as RA classes if you ever go anywhere else ("credit laundering"), and they don't factor into your GPA, so it doesn't matter.

I was thinking of doing something post-bach that requires classes to be graded. That's the reason. 

It cant possibly be considered credit laundering as it shows that it was transferred from Sophia, STD or whoever in the transcript anyways.
(04-05-2024, 08:39 PM)wowzers Wrote: I was thinking of doing something post-bach that requires classes to be graded. That's the reason. 

It cant possibly be considered credit laundering as it shows that it was transferred from Sophia, STD or whoever in the transcript anyways.

Have you asked Parchment about the grades? Might be worth contacting them or checking with Sophia how to get grades on a transcript.
There's really isn't a grey line, it's pretty black and white, and really will depend on what UMPI or any other institution provides for those transferred classes. So, for example, if COSC, UMPI, or any other institution provides a credit but indicates it's CR/P or whatever designation it uses, these will not show up with a letter grade anywhere, even if it goes to Parchment and you're asking for a letter grade. The only place to get letter grades are coming from the course provider, be it a college or alternative credit provider.
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(04-05-2024, 08:39 PM)wowzers Wrote:
(04-05-2024, 07:09 PM)Duneranger Wrote: I guess the bigger question is, why does it matter?

Mine showed up as P.

I was thinking of doing something post-bach that requires classes to be graded. That's the reason. 

Is the post bacc (post bacc what btw? Cert, MA?) looking at the degree overall or individual classes. Sophia classes are ACE credits and many schools don't accept them as valid classes regardless of percentages but they will accept the overall degree since its from a RA school.

More details are needed
It depends on the school in question. Some of them will accept the percentages on the Parchment transcript, even if UMPI/TESU/etc. has just a Pass/Credit/whatever.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
It's not credit laundering, you're trying to get a better GPA for admissions... but you're also trying to get something else to show up on a transcript when it won't actually matter. These letter grades you're looking for aren't going to affect your admissions as these are external GPA showing from other institutions you've attended, it doesn't change your cumulative GPA as these are pass/fail classes. They'll know where the classes came from even if it's on a college transcript, they'll know everything about it by the time they read the info, it'll indicate transfer credit, thus those are not grades given by the college that granted the transfer...
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UMPI Courses With Test klone 1 80 41 minutes ago
Last Post: ss20ts
  Denied Admission to UMPI doctorTorres 17 1,155 Yesterday, 03:22 AM
Last Post: midnite123
  UMPI Plan and Progress AirborneAgent 23 1,623 09-25-2024, 03:45 PM
Last Post: AirborneAgent
  UMPI Accounting Assistance NewbieLearner 9 340 09-24-2024, 08:51 PM
  Coursera Google PM Cert to UMPI dm.hans32 0 148 09-20-2024, 09:33 PM
Last Post: dm.hans32
  Update on My Journey to UMPI BAS and MAOL Hackingat40 5 531 09-19-2024, 08:25 PM
  Credit evaluation from UMPI lynnii2 5 583 09-19-2024, 03:04 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  UMPI Assignment for Review kakasahib 8 901 09-18-2024, 09:03 PM
Last Post: thomasfrank
  UMPI Class Review Master Thread RbxFunRocks 125 93,185 09-18-2024, 05:54 PM
Last Post: psychcs
  BA History at UMPI course requirements majic29 9 753 09-15-2024, 07:01 PM
Last Post: Duneranger