Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your Opinion Appreciated...
Only 4 DSSTs are still required for my degree (Principles of Statistics, Principles of Finance, Business, Ethics and Society, and Principles of Financial Accounting). I do have other CLEPs and online courses, but my testing center only does DSSTs on certain days.

I’ve got the Biology CLEP February 14, and a DSST February 16, followed by 2 DSSTs in March.

I’m leaning towards taking Business Ethics and Society right after my Biology. Will a day and a half of study be enough to pass it or am I setting myself up for failure?

Back in Oct timeframe, I took all of these and have heard that they are beneficial in preparation for Business Ethics and Society.
Principles of Management CLEP — Failed — 48 (The only exam I’ve failed... yet)
Principles of Supervision DSST — Passed — 441
Principles of Marketing CLEP — Passed — 60
Human Resource Management DSST — Passed — 54
Introduction to Business DSST — Passed — 422

Is it a wise move to take the Business Ethics and Society? Would another one of my three remaining DSST prove easier? Or is it better to just blow all of it off and spend two weeks studying? And finally for those for those of who who have taken at least two of the above tests, which one was the easiest and/or required the least amount of preperation?

Any insight would be helpful... Thanks.
Your mileage may vary, but I'd take them in this order: Business Ethics, Statistics, Financial Accounting and then Finance. The most important thing to remember is to take Finance after Statistics and, especially, Financial Accounting.
I didn't think Biz Ethics was horrible, but then again I've been in the biz world for years and many of the concepts have been drilled into my head. If you've worked at a larger company that requires all of its employees to take ethics training every so often, you'll be fine. If you're not familiar with the ideas, it could be tougher. It is an UL test for a reason, I just didn't think it was all that bad for me, but could see why it would be tough for a younger test taker or one who had little work experience.

Finance was tough. I struggled with it and barely passed. That being said, I did only take a week to study and could have done better with a slightly different mix of questions on my test. I didn't take the other two you mentioned and can't comment on those.
Regis University, ITESO, Global MBA with a focus in Emerging Markets 4.0 GPA, Dual-university degree (Spanish/English) 
ISSA Certified Nutritionist
COSC BS, Business Admin

My BS Credits:
Spanish 80 | Humanities 67 | A & I Lit 72 | Sub Abuse 452 | Bus Ethics 445 | Tech Writ 62 | Math 53 | HTYH 454 | Am. Govt 65 | Env & Humanity 64 | Marketing 65 | Micro 61| Mgmt 63| Org Behavior 65| MIS 446|Computing 432 | BL II 61 | M&B 50 | Finance 411 | Supervision 437| Intro Bus. 439| Law Enforcement 63|  SL: Accounting I B | Accounting II C+| Macro A | ECE: Labor Relations A | Capstone: A| FEMA PDS Cert 
I'm doing the BSBA thing as well. Personally I'm planning one month per test for my business core. Once that's all done and only gen eds are left, I'm completely comfortable with a day or week or study for a test. But I don't see blowing off a test that is critical to my major.
Community-Supported Wiki(link approved by forum admin)

Complete: TESU BA Computer Science
2011-2013 completed all BSBA CIS requirements except 4 gen eds.
2013 switched major to CS, then took a couple years off suddenly.
2015-2017 finished the CS.

CCAF: AAS Comp Sci
CLEP (10): A&I Lit, College Composition Modular, College Math, Financial Accounting, Marketing, Management, Microecon, Sociology, Psychology, Info Systems
DSST (4): Public Speaking, Business Ethics, Finance, MIS

ALEKS (3): College Algebra, Trig, Stats
UMUC (3): Comparative programming languages, Signal & Image Processing, Analysis of Algorithms
TESU (11): English Comp, Business Law, Macroecon, Managerial Accounting, Strategic Mgmt (BSBA Capstone), C++, Data Structures, Calc I/II, Discrete Math, BA Capstone

Warning: BA Capstone is a thesis, mine was 72 pages about a cryptography topic

Wife pursuing Public Admin cert via CSU.
I agree with Yenisei's advice. Did you already take ACC-102? I feel principles of finance and intro to managerial accounting complement each other.

1. Business, Ethics and Society (a lot of management, human resources, bus law overlap on this exam). Also just watching the news over the years -- enron, martha stewart, wall street meltdown, etc.
2. Principles of Statistics (depending on your comfortablitlty with subject, you could actually take this here or leave to the end so you could give it your full attention).
3. Principles of Financial Accounting
4. Principles of Finance

"Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan." -Tom Landry

TESC:
AAS, Admin Studies. 2010
BA, Social Sciences. 2010. Arnold Fletcher Award.
AAS, Environmental, Safety & Security Technologies. 2011
BSBA, General Management. 2011. Arnold Fletcher Award. Sigma Beta Delta (ΣΒΔWink!
bricabrac Wrote:Did you already take ACC-102? I feel principles of finance and intro to managerial accounting complement each other.
No, I haven't taken ACC-102. Principles of Financial Accounting is a prerequisite for my LSU classes (where I'll be taking my 6 Accounting courses... then transfer those to TESC and finish with 1 TESC course and 2 TECEPs).

Thanks for your opinion everyone, I'll probably go ahead and do Business Ethics and Society a day and a half after Biology... hopefully that will be enough time. BTW, are there any other free practice tests out there for Business Ethics (besides FCP)? I searched for it and couldn't find anything...
IMHO, this is may be a better option than LSU for your UL accounting courses: University of North Alabama Professional Accounting Prep Program - Home, but be sure to do your due diligence on that as your mileage may very.
Go ahead and spend 1.5 days studying and then reevaluate your position afterward. I spent 2 days studying marketing because I have years of experience in business and passed with a 74. I spent 0 days studying information systems, intro to business, and the management info sys dsst because of my experience as a software developer and passed with flying colors as well. I could not, however, spend 2 days studying statistics and expect anything but a failure. The same goes for biology.
BSBA CIS from TESC, BA Natural Science/Math from TESC
MBA Applied Computer Science from NCU
Enrolled at NCU in the PhD Applied Computer Science
I passed Biology w/ 65 and ended up passing Business Ethics w/ a 417 (a low score but kinda expected when I only put about 6 hours of study in).

I've been studying to take Principles of Financial Accounting next but had to change to Principles of Finance as I work through some stuff (lsu won't accept the DSST or CLEP as a prerequisite for their accounting courses...). So the last two days I've been studying for Finance, but didn't think I would pull it off with a week to go.
Today, just for fun, I decided to take Peterson's first Statistic's PT and got 53% with zero study... Considering the amount of preperation, It was fairly easy for me, and have decided to take Statistics this Thursday, followed by Financial Accounting 3 weeks from now and then Finance… Thanks everyone for your insight!! It's been quite helpful!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What's your opinion on The Open University UK? nomaduser 12 2,379 11-08-2023, 05:47 AM
Last Post: alfiooo
  Aloha-Any Advice Appreciated Hawaii5oh 11 2,172 01-23-2020, 04:38 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  In your opinion, who should not earn a degree from the Big Three? theclepexam 17 3,533 05-12-2019, 11:17 PM
Last Post: natshar
  Desperately need help making a plan! Any help greatly appreciated! :) sharsharky 8 1,854 03-15-2019, 12:25 PM
Last Post: sharsharky
  Any help would be greatly appreciated Lifewillbegood 14 1,862 02-22-2019, 01:50 PM
Last Post: allvia
  MOOCs you've done or started, and your opinion of them Ideas 16 2,828 03-10-2018, 11:15 AM
Last Post: Ideas
  Degree Plan for TESU Assoc/Bachelors Please any help appreciated. nunyabiz 8 1,797 01-21-2018, 09:29 PM
Last Post: nunyabiz
  Can you please help out a beginner. Any advice appreciated! Atomsk 33 2,672 02-29-2016, 11:37 AM
Last Post: rebel100
  New student, first degree, Any help would be greatly appreciated! Juiceddc2 2 867 11-12-2015, 02:21 PM
Last Post: swalke321
  What is your opinion on Straighterline cameronbroadhurst 36 4,040 11-04-2015, 01:29 PM
Last Post: jmeitrem